Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

It might be just me, but I think Antonio Valencia is a very average signing for Man United.

I dunno, he might turn out to be just what they need, a cog in the machine rather than a superstar. Fergie is a master of making a team more than a sum of its parts... he's made Darren Fletcher, Ji Sung Park and Wes Brown into part of the best team in the world (or maybe 2nd best!).

He just needs to make sure he gets other players in who will provide the goals that Ronaldo leaving will take away. I like Valencia though, sure he'll do well.

My thinking too. People will say he is Ronaldos replacement due to the position he plays although Man Utd will be looking elsewhere to replace the goals, assists and flair they have lost.

It might be just me, but I think Antonio Valencia is a very average signing for Man United.

I dunno, he might turn out to be just what they need, a cog in the machine rather than a superstar. Fergie is a master of making a team more than a sum of its parts... he's made Darren Fletcher, Ji Sung Park and Wes Brown into part of the best team in the world (or maybe 2nd best!).

He just needs to make sure he gets other players in who will provide the goals that Ronaldo leaving will take away. I like Valencia though, sure he'll do well.

My thinking too. People will say he is Ronaldos replacement due to the position he plays although Man Utd will be looking elsewhere to replace the goals, assists and flair they have lost.

Mainly the centre of midfield were they were shown up by Barcelona last season.

I guess he'll play strictly out wide, in a way he might simplify Fergie's team selection since he has a clear position and won't be played through the middle like Ronaldo sometimes was.

Rooney might come in and play central every week, along with another new signing. Maybe there'll be an increased role for Nani next season as well. 

Guest Roger Kint

I guess he'll play strictly out wide, in a way he might simplify Fergie's team selection since he has a clear position and won't be played through the middle like Ronaldo sometimes was.

Rooney might come in and play central every week, along with another new signing. Maybe there'll be an increased role for Nani next season as well. 

Think supoertoon above is right, sure Fergie will splash out on a top quality CM/AM behind a mainly central Rooney

Guest Stephen927

True enough. It just struck me as a particularly average signing when I was reading it on the BBC this morning. Ferguson has a tendency to prove people wrong though, so I will probably end up being proven wrong. Just like he never replaced Beckham like for like, it looks like he's going for a slightly different alternative to take Ronaldos place.

Think supoertoon above is right, sure Fergie will splash out on a top quality CM/AM behind a mainly central Rooney

Problem is, who could that central player be?

I cannot believe Diego was allowed to slip off to Juve so easily, for me 20 mil on him would be a steal for a club like Utd.

Every player they have been linked with are either wingers or forwards, and many of them they dont even look like getting!

I think Valencia is a sign of the times, 17.5 mil on him is Utd spunkin big dough on average players.

If Liverpool can hold onto Xavi and Masch and add one more quality attacker, I really see them being the team to beat! (btw the player made for Liverpool IMO was Arshavin)

Lucho Gonzalez moves to Marseille. Surprised.

I am shocked, what a f***ing waste of a great football player.

Yeah waste. He should go play for one of the big plastic super money clubs like Inter so his talent can actually be wasted. Actually, he should go to the likes of Spurs or Villa, so he can "challenge the top four" :rolleyes: I fail to see what's wrong with him joining l'OM. He'll be paid alot, he'll be playing in the Champions League and he'll hopefully be fighting for the league title. You all want to make it out like he's going to Uzbekistan or something. I'm sure Lucho will enjoy playing at one of the biggest clubs in the world infront of some of the best supporters in the world. And I'll enjoy watching him lead the team in the fight for the title. Honestly, I'm disgusted by a football world where someone moves to the biggest club in France and it's considered a waste because he's not at a "super club".

Your being to objective here, stop it  :razz:

"One of the biggest clubs in the world" in what world is Marseille one of the biggest clubs? biggest cheaters maybe.

The point with Lucho is that in my eyez he's one of the best midfielders in the world, and he should have gone to a bigger club than the golf shirt wearing french fries Marseille is.

End of.

From a fan of Italian football and, more specifically, Inter Milan.

:mackems:

I guess your either an idiot, or an Juve fan (then your probably both).

Inter has not been convicted of anything regarding the calciopoli, so why you wanna connect Inter with cheating i can't understand but hey, your a attention h**ker when it comes to me Mowen, no secrets there.

Go read some facts before you talk shit about clubs like Inter.

Marseille = convicted cheaters

Inter = pure soul and love

I am an idiot, but I'm no Juve fan. I also don't particularly remember replying extensively to you in the past. You're a fan of italian football afaik, which is rife with cheating.

If you want clear evidence of Inter cheating I recommend you watching the footage of us battering you 2-2 at the San Siro under Sir Bobby a few years back. If you can watch that game and tell me Inter weren't, to a man, a bunch of cheating cunts for 90mins I'll be flabbergasted.

edit: what does h**ker mean? I can't work it out...

The 4-1 defeat at SJP provides better evidence of Inter's cheating imho.

Italians by their very nature are corner-cutting, cheating cowards and I cant believe any Inter fan can call another tream 'convicted cheaters' tbh.

Marseilles have a magnificent stadium, fantastic support and a fantastic geographical location, can easily see why Lucho has chosen to go there

The whole Serie A vs. PL/La Liga discussion is just not an option on an English football forum, it never ends well.

Cheaters excists everywehere in any team, get over it.

But especially in Italy. There's more cheaters per starting 11 in Italy than in England, thats a fact, without me even looking at any stats.

The 4-1 defeat at SJP provides better evidence of Inter's cheating imho.

Italians by their very nature are corner-cutting, cheating cowards and I cant believe any Inter fan can call another tream 'convicted cheaters' tbh.

Marseilles have a magnificent stadium, fantastic support and a fantastic geographical location, can easily see why Lucho has chosen to go there

The French League is slowly but surely improving year after year as well due to a pretty big TV deal.

Lucho Gonzalez moves to Marseille. Surprised.

I am shocked, what a f***ing waste of a great football player.

Yeah waste. He should go play for one of the big plastic super money clubs like Inter so his talent can actually be wasted. Actually, he should go to the likes of Spurs or Villa, so he can "challenge the top four" :rolleyes: I fail to see what's wrong with him joining l'OM. He'll be paid alot, he'll be playing in the Champions League and he'll hopefully be fighting for the league title. You all want to make it out like he's going to Uzbekistan or something. I'm sure Lucho will enjoy playing at one of the biggest clubs in the world infront of some of the best supporters in the world. And I'll enjoy watching him lead the team in the fight for the title. Honestly, I'm disgusted by a football world where someone moves to the biggest club in France and it's considered a waste because he's not at a "super club".

"One of the biggest clubs in the world" in what world is Marseille one of the biggest clubs? biggest cheaters maybe.

you are clueless. :kinnear:  :sadnod:

SSN just said Real have so far spent a quarter of a billion euros on players.

Bet we don't hear any complaints from Sepp Blatter or Platini over Madrid's spending, no where near the criticism if it was an English club.

Skysports.com understands Ipswich are closing in on the signing of QPR defender Damien Delaney.

If only there was an Alan Partridge shrugged shoulders smiley from when he's having the meeting with the head of the BBC and is introduced to the man who runs Current Affairs.