Other clubs' transfers

Dave

lol at Spurs trying to gazump us for Naughton. What a terrible way to do business, cowboy stuff.

You guys are so sorted right now you'll be fine no matter what.

I'm so jealous of Everton right now. Despite having no money for years you have made the most of it and actually turned it into an advantage. I honestly think giving Moyes huge amounts of money at this point would do more harm than good.

Jagielka, Lescott, Cahill, Pienaar, Arteta, Baines. Absolutely beautiful work in the transfer market. Along with a couple of big signings in Yak and Fellaini and hey presto ...

We probably had 10 times the money you did and I can't mention one player currently in our team that is at the level of all those I just mentioned for your lot.

Heartbraking stuff.

If Naughton had any sense or footballing aspirations, he'd come to us.

Not that I can trust him to have much sense when his head's turned by Spurs' inevitably larger financial muscle.

People are pathetic as far as City are concerned. While obviously there is a massive financial incentive, that incentive brings in big players and real possibilities of trophys/europe.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Potential

Given

Richards  Kompany Terry Bridge

SWP DeJong Ireland Robinho

Adebayor Tevez

People are pathetic as far as City are concerned. While obviously there is a massive financial incentive, that incentive brings in big players and real possibilities of trophys/europe.

More possibilities than at Man Utd? :lol:

Alex Ferguson treated him like shit. Good on him imo.

Alex Ferguson treated him like shit. Good on him imo.

He did? How?

If adebayor goes to city, i can honestly see martins replacing him

Adebayor? In my opinion he will remain. [bordeaux's Marouane] Chamakh? He might be a valid acquisition in case of a departure.

Hopefully he isn't on the radar (Martins)

Potential

Given

Richards  Kompany Terry Bridge

SWP DeJong Ireland Robinho

Adebayor Tevez

Bench:

Evans

Bellamy

Caicedo

Santa Cruz

Benjani

Bojinov

Stuart Taylor

no barry in your 18?

Ireland surely wont get into their first Xl next season.

Tevez is a massive signing for them, if they could get him, Santa-Cruz, Robinho and Bellamy (if the need to) on the pitch at the same time, they're going to cause serious problems for anyone. They need defenders though, cant be having Dunne and Kompany as their main 2 at the back

Tevez is a massive signing for them, if they could get him, Santa-Cruz, Robinho and Bellamy (if the need to) on the pitch at the same time, they're going to cause serious problems for anyone. They need defenders though, cant be having Dunne and Kompany as their main 2 at the back

Bellamy would get dropped surely, when they have the options they could have with the other 3?

Guest Heneage

Swap Bellamy with Irealnd and I agree.

I don't believe for a minute that Hughes is the only one buying players at City, Tevez and Adebayor are upgrades to players they already have who are either performing fine or ones they've only very recently bought but the temptation to bring in a couple of very big names will be too great to ignore for the owners who'll just go ahead and buy them anyway and leave Hughes to shoehorn all of their big name players into the team.  My guess would be:

-----------------------Given-----------------------

--Richards----Kompany----Terry----Bridge--

----------DeJong----Barry----Ireland----------

--Tevez-------------------------------Robinho--

--------------------Adebayor---------------------

Leaves Bellamy, Santa Cruz and SWP as the biggest names on the bench, plus a whole load of others that won't easily get a game