Other clubs' transfers

Dave

City have now announced a £19m bid for Lescott to the press.

f***ing piss taking twats.

You should be pleased to get that much for him.

He's worth more.

That's not what I'm pissed off about anyway, it's the underhand way of doing business from City.

How are they taking the p*ss?

Different though when Everton went spouting to the press about rejecting bids from us for Rooney though just to start a bidding war with Man Utd.

He's worth more.

That's not what I'm pissed off about anyway, it's the underhand way of doing business from City.

If he's not worth 19 million pounds then you might aswell just claim he's priceless. Cos there's no fucking way on this Earth he is worth any more than that. He's not even an England regular. The obvious comparison to make is Johnson, and he's not worth more than him in today's ridiculous market.

How are they taking the p*ss?

Different though when Everton went spouting to the press about rejecting bids from us for Rooney though just to start a bidding war with Man Utd.

It's commonplace for the club that receives a bid to announce it's been rejected. Regardless of the fact I think the Newcastle/Rooney/ProActiv thing was the most obvious stitch up of all time.

It's virtually unheard of for clubs to announce they've put bids in before the other team has even responded to said bid.

If he's not worth 19 million pounds then you might aswell just claim he's priceless. Cos there's no f***ing way on this Earth he is worth any more than that. He's not even an England regular. The obvious comparison to make is Johnson, and he's not worth more than him in today's ridiculous market.

Johnson has just had his first good season in the Prem. Lescott has been one of the best defenders in the league for 3 years on the bounce. How the hell can Johnson be worth the same?

That's before you even add on the Man City tax.

GK - Given/Taylor

RB - Richards/Zabaleta

LB - Bridge/Garrido

CB - Toure/Onuoha

CB - Lescott/Dunne

CM - Barry/Johnson

CM - Kompany/De Jong

CM - Ireland/Elano

CF - Robinho/Bellamy

CF - Adebayor/Santa Cruz

CF - Tevez/Benjani

and then you've still got SWP & Petrov. That's a squad capable of a title challenge imo.

He's worth more.

If he's not worth 19 million pounds then you might aswell just claim he's priceless. Cos there's no fucking way on this Earth he is worth any more than that. He's not even an England regular. The obvious comparison to make is Johnson, and he's not worth more than him in today's ridiculous market.

Haddaway man Yorkie, Lescott's ten times the defender Johnson is.

Guest Heneage

Lescott is not an England regular because of Rio Ferdinand and John Terry, what competition does Johnson have?

lescott is top drawer imo.

worth a lot more than johnson, and, as the toffee says, then add on the man city tax.

the only club who havnt got a good deal from city are eh...................us.

how we got £5m for shay (or whatever it was) is beyond me.

think they'll get lescott for that fwiw.

He's worth more.

I'm going by the 'English player' criteria. If Johnson is an England regular and Lescott isn't, there's surely no way Lescott can be worth more than him - in today's farcical, over-inflated market.

Guest ObaStar

He's worth more.

If he's not worth 19 million pounds then you might aswell just claim he's priceless. Cos there's no f***ing way on this Earth he is worth any more than that. He's not even an England regular. The obvious comparison to make is Johnson, and he's not worth more than him in today's ridiculous market.

I'm going by the 'English player' criteria. If Johnson is an England regular and Lescott isn't, there's surely no way Lescott can be worth more than him - in today's farcical, over-inflated market.

thats just retarded though, they play different positions. there are a lot of other factors too like age and injury record. Is David James worth more than Lescott too?

Almunia

Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy

Diaby

Fabregas Nasri

Arshavin                       Rosicky

V. Persie

Even if Arsenal didn't sign anyone they'd still finish comfortably fourth.

Almunia

Sagna-Gallas-Vermaelen-Clichy

Denilson-Song

Fabregas

RvP         Eduardo          Arshavin

Fabianski

Eboue - Djourou-New Guy-Traore/Gibbs

Diaby-New Guy

Ramsey

Nasri/Walcott-   Bendtner - Rosicky/Vela

I'm very excited for the new season, and would expect to see a new midfielder and centre back (minimum) coming in.

Centre back as 3rd choice, centre mid as an automatic starter!

Why is everyone writing off Denilson ?

A player with trully great potential, to be as good as, if not better than Gilberto Silva.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Man City will not get into the top 6 whilst Hughes is there.

I disagree.

Mark Hughes hasn't gone for galacticos (Robinho being the exception). True to his own tradition, he has bought many pratical, good, hardworking players. If they fail to challenge for titles, they won't be far off.

Given - proven to be good

Zabaleta - proven to be good

Bridge - proven to be decent

Kompany - proven to be good

De Jong - so so

Robinho - proven to be good

Bellamy - proven to be decent

Who can better his record ?

Taylor ..... bad player, but just a substitute keeper

Toure .... had a not so good season, but was partnering Gallas who he apparently dislikes. Athletic, and had very good track record in Arsenal

Lescott .... Great player, should have been England regular but for Ferdinand, Terry, Cole

Barry .... Proven to be good

Adebayor .... Tall, athletic, good track record, brings a lot to the game apart from goals.

Santa Cruz .... Tall, clinical, good track record, proven to work well with Hughes

Tevez .... proven track record, brings alot to the game

I see Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal challenging for top 3.

Chelsea and Everton 4th (provided Everton purchase a few more players. I trust Moyes' transfer nous)

Liverpool top 6

Almunia

Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy

Diaby

Fabregas Nasri

Arshavin                       Rosicky

V. Persie

Even if Arsenal didn't sign anyone they'd still finish comfortably fourth.

Almunia

Sagna-Gallas-Vermaelen-Clichy

Denilson-Song

Fabregas

RvP         Eduardo          Arshavin

Fabianski

Eboue - Djourou-New Guy-Traore/Gibbs

Diaby-New Guy

Ramsey

Nasri/Walcott-   Bendtner - Rosicky/Vela

I'm very excited for the new season, and would expect to see a new midfielder and centre back (minimum) coming in.

Centre back as 3rd choice, centre mid as an automatic starter!

Why is everyone writing off Denilson ?

A player with trully great potential, to be as good as, if not better than Gilberto Silva.

I certainly aren't, but i see him as Fabregas' repalcement in a couple of years, last season some of his stats were really good, i really like him, i would love to see him week in week out alongside Cesc and a don't look at me in the wrong way or i'll make you look like :dowie: midfielder!

Wrighty has said he's heard Vieira to Arsenal on a pay as you play contract. Firstly, i think he's talking shit again, and secondly, i haven't seen enough of him since he's left certainly in the last couple of years, to make a good call on his fitness and ability still? I know he has been injury ridden but when he does play can he still compete?

On the sentimental note, i'd fucking love it happen!

Lescott may not be "worth" 20m pounds when judged against other defenders, but that doesn't matter a single jot.

Moyes might decide it'll take 50 million pounds to make him part with Lescott - losing one of his best players and having to go out and find a replacement, that might reflect how much he doesn't want to do that.

Footballers aren't valued like something you pick up off the shelf at Tesco, there is more than "how good is this player?" involved.

Oh, and Man City getting quoted massive fees for players?

They've only got themselves to blame for that, after 7 months of swaggering around like a bunch of horrible nouveau riche, arriviste lottery winners, who seem to know the price of everything but the value of absolutely nothing.