Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Notts County director of football Sven-Goran Eriksson is hoping to persuade Pavel Nedved and Luis Figo to come out of retirement and join the League Two side. The former England boss is also hoping to sign Inter Milan's Patrick Vieira. :lol:

Btw read on the BBC gossip column Shevchenko is still a Chelsea player? Is he?

Guest Stephen927

Mark Hughes defending his pursuit of Joleon Lescott:

"We feel we are doing things the right way and through the proper channels," explained Hughes.

"I'm not surprised David feels a bit aggrieved with the situation, you always are when a big club is trying to sign one of your best players."

:lol: :lol:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=666655&cc=5739

Patrick Vieira has snubbed a return to Arsenal by deciding to stay at Inter Milan, according to reports.

The former Gunners captain was thought to be keen on a move in order to try and secure regular first team football in a bid to claim a World Cup place next year.

Arsene Wenger had said he would explore the possibility of resigning the player he first bought in 1996 from AC Milan.

But it seems the 33-year-old has now opted to stay and fight for his place in Jose Mourinho's side.

Vieira spent nine years with the Gunners and was captain of the invincibles side which went unbeaten in season 2003/4.

He won the FA Cup for Arsenal the following season with the decisive spot kick in a penalty shoot out with Manchester United. It proved to be his last involvement and the last time the club won a trophy.

I didn't know Arsenal were in for him.

I can't see that move being good for either party.

Have been baffled by the lack of interest in VDV especially as he is seemingly available on the cheap.

I didn't watch much of Real Madrid admittedly, but my understanding is that he was pretty poor for them.

Have been baffled by the lack of interest in VDV especially as he is seemingly available on the cheap.

I didn't watch much of Real Madrid admittedly, but my understanding is that he was pretty poor for them.

They hardly gave him a sniff. Based on what he has done previously and even internationally I just expected far more interest in him especially as the price being talked about is £4million - £6 million.

Guest kingdawson

Vdv is not the sort of midfielder they needed tho tbf. Losing Alonso and gaining VDV doesn't exactly improve them or fill the gap left by Xabi. They'd still need to sign a Alonso type player (Lucas is definately not the player to replace him). Even though Sneijder isn't in the Alonso mould, i think they could have got away with playing a player like him with Gerrard and Maschereno with a bit of tweaking.

Guest Heneage

No thanks.

I hate fans like you! :lol:

What glory boys with no real connection to a top four side?  :shifty:

That's unfair. He's been to London at least twice.

I've been 3 times. :lol:

I've been London more times than i can remember, but meh, i'm not getting into this debate.

Who is this cristian cock that's popped up from nowhere?

Back to the point at hand:

No thanks.

I hate fans like you! :lol:

Nah man, don't think he is necessary, we have plenty of options for his positions, think he would be cheap but demand high wages and i think another player infront of Wilshere is the last thing we need!