Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Sheffield Wednesday have placed Francis Jeffers on the transfer list in the wake of his red card in the Carling Cup second round exit at Port Vale.

:laugh:

As if they needed an excuse ffs.

Are you saying 4 goals a season isn't a good tally for a striker?

Well, I still wonder why Kasper Schmeichel pissed his career going there too.

5 year deal potential wage increase ? Dad of Peter, he could easily go back to Denmark tomorrow and stand a chance of being in the national side.

That was probably enough of a deterrent for him.

Do you know where Denmark are in their qualifier group? I'll let you go and check before making silly statements.  :angel:

:blush: I was actually thinking of Norway, who are pretty much as bad a team as Scotland are. Anyway, Denmark will be nothing more than Cannon fodder for the big teams in the world cup so the qualifying shouldn't make too much of a differance.

Guest Heneage

5 year deal potential wage increase ? Dad of Peter, he could easily go back to Denmark tomorrow and stand a chance of being in the national side.

Do you know where Denmark are in their qualifier group? I'll let you go and check before making silly statements.  :angel:

:blush: I was actually thinking of Norway, who are pretty much as bad a team as Scotland are. Anyway, Denmark will be nothing more than Cannon fodder for the big teams in the world cup so the qualifying shouldn't make too much of a differance.

What's your basis for this sorry?

Nothing other than i can't see them beating one of the favourites in a big match on the biggest stage. Other than Larsen who would trouble a top defence at the world cup ?

http://www.svenskafans.com/image/1/99557.jpg

Is his number the amount of millions they overpaid for him?

Nope, it's the number of seconds their owner has given a shit about how much money Man City are spending.

Why would they care in the slightest if they've "overpaid" for someone?

Guest Heneage

Nothing other than i can't see them beating one of the favourites in a big match on the biggest stage. Other than Larsen who would trouble a top defence at the world cup ?

Even with a back line of Dan Agger and Simon Kjaer? Who looks one of Europe's brightest defensive prospects. Put them behind the experience of Tommy Sorensen, you then have a midfield of Christian Poulsen and Thomas Kahlenberg, Bendtner, Tomasson, Larsen, Rommedahl and Daniel Jensen. They have more than enough potential to shock on the worlds stage.

Lescott is an absolute class act. Man City have overpaid but compared to £25m for Adebayorwife, £32m for Robinho and £16m for Toure this represents not quite horrific business. He's probably the difference between 5th and 4th

Guest Roger Kint

Third most expensive defender in history? :lol:

That is a pretty irrelevant status as far as Man City are concerned.

Very true, not a fair yardstick when a team is so willing to waste millions.

what value a Maldini if he ever left?

Lescott will go down the route of Rio Ferdinand now and basically never get the credit he deserves. He'll never live up to price tag because he doesn't have a flashy method of defending and will likely turn into the man at the back who does his job while the superstars win the game.

I'd probably put a decent amount of money on him starting for England in 2012 though. Really cant decide if he'll replace Terry or Ferdinand like

Terry-Rio is our best partnership by an absolute mile, don't get me wrong. When it mattered most, they were very solid for us in WC06 and have generally looked a good partership

Terry isn't really a natural athlete though and probably wont be up to it in 3 years, Rio is 2 years older but is pretty bang on physically, despite the injuries that are creeping in.

Lescott will go down the route of Rio Ferdinand now and basically never get the credit he deserves. He'll never live up to price tag because he doesn't have a flashy method of defending and will likely turn into the man at the back who does his job while the superstars win the game.

I'd probably put a decent amount of money on him starting for England in 2012 though. Really cant decide if he'll replace Terry or Ferdinand like

Lescott is nowhere near the level of Rio.

Lescott is nowhere near the level of Rio.

not yet he's not, But he's only just turned 27. Rio has improved a fair bit since he was 27

If this is true, Liverpool are a joke.

He can't even fucking defend.

It has emerged that Liverpool are paying Glen Johnson a staggering £139,000 a week.

Eyebrows were raised when the Reds splashed out £17million on the Portsmouth right-back this summer but his salary will leave fans gobsmacked.

The sum must make him the best paid full back in the world - even after Chelsea defender Ashley Cole agreed a new £120,000-a-week deal to stay at Stamford Bridge.

Even Manchester City, who have spent an incredible £118million on players this summer, will pay latest signing Joleon Lescott only a reported £94,000 a week.

Spiralling wages in the Barclays Premier League have reached such a crazy level that Liverpool, so desperate to ensure Chelsea would not beat them for the signature of Johnson, were forced to offer a huge contract.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209134/REVEALED-Liverpool-handed-Glen-Johnson-139-000-week-deal-beat-competition-Chelsea.html

I have pretty much handled this thread by myself for a while now, FACT  :lol:

Still wondering if I should be happy that Real is getting rid of an excellent player and reducing their depth advantage, or unhappy because they are cashing in and reducing their bloated wage bill.