Other clubs' transfers

Dave

No chance have the Spuds got Bentley for £9.5 million.  Why would Blackburn sell for that money?..  Also Bentley said he wanted to move for Champions League Football.  If he moves there because he believes they'll get into the top four he's going to be pretty disapointed with his choice IMO.

Guest teepee

Marca reporting that Barca have agreed a deal with Arsenal of around 23 million pound for Adebayor

Good deal for Arsenal imo.  He's very hit and miss some times great and unstoppable, sometimes s****.

agreed - good player, but 23m is a hell of a lot for a player with one good season in his resume

Hats off to Arsenal. They've absolutely ripped off Barca there. Fortunately for Adebayor though, he will be going to Spain and not Italy, where he would have been totally useless. He should do okay at Barca though, although not as good as he was this past season at Arsenal.

What is up with Barca anyway? Henry, Hleb and Adebayor now. Just collecting all of the Arsenal players, assuming they are still after hleb of course.

Guest kingdawson

No chance have the Spuds got Bentley for £9.5 million.  Why would Blackburn sell for that money?..  Also Bentley said he wanted to move for Champions League Football.  If he moves there because he believes they'll get into the top four he's going to be pretty disapointed with his choice IMO.

Nope you're wrong. Bentley said he wants to play "European football". He said champions league first, then said "well at least Europe" which in a way, is a come and get me plea.

Nope you're wrong. Bentley said he wants to play "European football". He said champions league first, then said "well at least Europe" which in a way, is a come and get me plea.

you're dreaming pal, a pal of mine met Bentley a month back in Malia, Liverpool is the only place he wants to go

santana to spurs?

and no, not carlos, though he could be a better option...

And yet if he was being linked to us we'd all be going mental about it and saying how we're so pleased that we're getting in some class to replace Milner(!)  :rolleyes:

Have you seen him play?  I haven't, so I can't say whether he'd be a good signing or not.  If you have seen him, then by all means say he's sh*te if that's what you think - if not, then please stop the tedious tendency of this board to praise players we're linked with and slag off players linked with other clubs (usually Spurs) without ever having seen them play properly in either scenario.

Blackburn were in Europe last season and finished one place below this season.. I don't see him moving clubs for the Uefa Cup  :rolleyes:

santana to spurs?

And yet if he was being linked to us we'd all be going mental about it and saying how we're so pleased that we're getting in some class to replace Milner(!)   :rolleyes:

Have you seen him play?  I haven't, so I can't say whether he'd be a good signing or not.  If you have seen him, then by all means say he's sh*te if that's what you think - if not, then please stop the tedious tendency of this board to praise players we're linked with and slag off players linked with other clubs (usually Spurs) without ever having seen them play properly in either scenario.

Are you taking this piss or what?  Any player linked to us on this board is always either too good for us or complete s***.  Yet if he ends up going to another club suddenly we've missed out on a good player :lol:  Its the most negative Newcastle forum on the net man..

santana to spurs?

And yet if he was being linked to us we'd all be going mental about it and saying how we're so pleased that we're getting in some class to replace Milner(!)   :rolleyes:

Are you taking this piss or what?  Any player linked to us on this board is always either too good for us or complete s***.  Yet if he ends up going to another club suddenly we've missed out on a good player :lol:

No, my point was quite clear - you dismissed him out of hand (said they'd be better of with Carlos Santana) and I was saying that unless you've seen him play (I haven't, so I'm not commenting) then why are you saying he's rubbish?  Who knows, he might be, but unless you've seen him play for at least a game or two then you look pretty foolish making a judgement on a player (be it positive or negative) on no other basis than he's signing for another club.  Simple.

santana to spurs?

Are you taking this piss or what?  Any player linked to us on this board is always either too good for us or complete s***.  Yet if he ends up going to another club suddenly we've missed out on a good player :lol:

No, my point was quite clear - you dismissed him out of hand (said they'd be better of with Carlos Santana) and I was saying that unless you've seen him play (I haven't, so I'm not commenting) then why are you saying he's rubbish?  Who knows, he might be, but unless you've seen him play for at least a game or two then you look pretty foolish making a judgement on a player (be it positive or negative) on no other basis than he's signing for another club.  Simple.

Woah there, I didn't say anything about Santana, you've got the wrong man sheriff! :)

Glen Little just signed for Pompey from Reading. One year deal.

How exciting...

FFS, we are the only club that isn't moving.

:lol: What, would you rather us sign Glen Little?

Have some patience!

Ah, fair enough - thought it was a 'typical' [to this board, not you per se] post having a go at other clubs' targets just because we're not after them, rather than a considered debate about their footballing merits.  No harm, no foul.   :coolsmiley: :thup: