Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Someone should buy Luis Suarez Ajax, he's always been on fire but I've never seen him linked with a club.

Because he's the same case as Alfonso Alves, brilliant in the dutch league but has very little to offer actually, the minute he leaves Ajax he'll be f***ed.

Disagree there like. He's 10 times the player Afonso Alves was/is ffs.

Great dribbler, skillful on the ball, scores from everywhere and assists for fun aswell. He's only 22 and is Ajax's captain and leading light, aswell as being brilliant for the national team.

If you watch him on a regular basis you can see he's a far superior footballer to say Huntelaar or Kuyt. Obviously success out of the Eredivisie is not guarenteed but the potential is certainly there, it wouldn't really be fair to right him off purely because of past exports from Holland.

As far as being linked to other clubs, Barca and Chelsea have been linked to him in the last couple of weeks alone. He's certainly well thought of.

Guest kingdawson

Pandev is one of my favorite players in world football. I'd love us to get him but doubt we can with our wage restrictions.

Saying that, i think he's not the sort of player Arsenal need. He likes to drop deep and Arsenal already have a host of players that can do that. Plus him, Vela, Van Persie and Eduardo would be 4 left footed strikers.

Guest Heneage

Pandev asked for a transfer in the summer and as punishment he hasn't played a game in the Serie A, this season.

im not sure how that leads to a contract being ripped up myself

restraint of trade, cant not play someone because they want to be transfered.

Surely not as any player not getting picked could try & get there contracts canx.

It was a bit weird tbh, they said we won't accept a bid of under 19m, but then didn't play him, so really this decision was inevitable, and not the best for a club already in trouble with money and having spend 20m Euro's on Zarate in the summer they could have done with some money, I mean 19m is hardly small change.

Pandev asked for a transfer in the summer and as punishment he hasn't played a game in the Serie A, this season.

im not sure how that leads to a contract being ripped up myself

restraint of trade, cant not play someone because they want to be transfered.

Surely not as any player not getting picked could try & get there contracts canx.

It was a bit weird tbh, they said we won't accept a bid of under 19m, but then didn't play him, so really this decision was inevitable, and not the best for a club already in trouble with money and having spend 20m Euro's on Zarate in the summer they could have done with some money, I mean 19m is hardly small change.

sums it up pretty much club didnt want to sell except for millions and so they stopped him from playing to prove  a point.

Scott Loach to Aston Villa, £3M + add ons (England caps, top 4 finish etc.). You heard it here first.

Really?

Strange move, given the IMMENSENESS of Friedel, and Guzan looking superb every time he gets a chance.

Is he any good?

It's not certain, but someone who claims to be friends with Loach has said it's 'on' (seeing as he's got correct team info etc. all apparently from Scott, I have no reason not to believe it). He's decent, young, big, good  shot-stopper and certainly has lots of 'potential'. I find it difficult to believe he's being bought as anything more than back-up/competition for Guzan in preparation for when Friedel eventually retires. He's been very good for us, but we need the money more than anything and he's not been 'unbelievable' (i.e he flaps at crosses and makes mistakes occasionally (he is young)).

Scott Loach to Aston Villa, £3M + add ons (England caps, top 4 finish etc.). You heard it here first.

Really?

Strange move, given the IMMENSENESS of Friedel, and Guzan looking superb every time he gets a chance.

Is he any good?

hey brummie, you heard any developments about the reece caira situation?

Really?

Is he any good?

hey brummie, you heard any developments about the reece caira situation?

That's the Aussie lad FIFA are fucking up?

Not of late, not since a few weeks ago, when I read that stuff about the Australian FA practically getting him banned from playing for a year.

The daft thing is that FIFA are suggesting his family moved to Britain purely for football reasons, thereby giving a reason to stop his contract, when his father is English, and his mother is Irish in any case. His dad is now saying that when he turns 18 next year and can sign for whoever he wants, he's not going to be playing for Australia, after they way they've treated him.

All a bit insane, really.

Went round hugging the players pre-match, high-fives all round, unusual. Last player off the pitch, also, applauding all sections of the crowd. I like him, but if we get £3M or so, I'm not too displeased.

Went round hugging the players pre-match, high-fives all round, unusual. Last player off the pitch, also, applauding all sections of the crowd. I like him, but if we get £3M or so, I'm not too displeased.

Was directly behind Blackstock's header today, was in all the way but was a brilliant save. Seems very reluctant to come off his line though.

He's shit at collecting crosses/corners, in general, flaps far too much (though Foster was similar). He's basically very similar to Ben Foster (potential to be as good as Foster was when with us aka amazing), actually, except right-footed and without as excellent a range of kicking.

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Manchester United have had an official bid for Angel Di Maria turned down.

Germany defender Marcel Schafer is set to join Aston Villa for £8m.

Fernando Torres will quit Liverpool if they do not secure a Champions League spot.

Federico Macheda is being lined-up for a January loan move to Real Zaragoza.

Chief executive Peter Storrie is set to quit Portsmouth for a job with the Australian FA.

Birmingham are ready to launch an £8m raid for Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia. :yikes:

David Gold and David Sullivan will pull the plug on West Ham takover talks on January 7.

Stoke and Fulham have targeted Tottenham defender Alan Hutton.

Spurs and Arsenal are ready to fight it out for Newcastle keeper Fraser Forster.

West Brom are preparing a £3m swoop for Sheffield United's Jamie Ward.

Manchester United have entered the race to sign Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini.

Celtic's Gary Caldwell will be Gordon Strachan's first major signing at Middlesbrough. :lol:

THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

Jose Mourinho has snubbed Manchester City as his dream job is to manage Manchester United.

Arsenal are considering a £20m gamble to sign a striker and a defender in January.

Everton want to send Jo back to Manchester City.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Manchester City will sacrifice Roberto Mancini in the summer if they can land Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinho.

Birmingham will make an £11m move for Liverpool's Ryan Babel.

Tottenham are the latest club to take a look at Belgian teenager Romelu Lukaku.

THE PEOPLE

Carlo Ancelotti will make a £45m offer for Franck Ribery.

Liverpool are mounting a major effort to sign Lazio striker Goran Pandev.

Inter Milan defender Ivan Cordoba has issued a "come and get me" plea to Manchester City.

Sol Campbell's agents were talking to Manchester City the day before Mark Hughes was sacked.

Sir Alex Ferguson says he won't be diving into the transfer market next month to buy a defender.

Sevilla's Fabiano has paved the way for a summer move to Manchester United.

AC Milan want to take Arsenal keeper Vito Mannone back to Italy.

Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac is emeging as Arsenal's top target.

Sunderland want to offer Craig Bellamy a way out of Manchester City. :yikes:

Alan Hutton is a target for Stoke.

Mark Hughes will be offered a quick return to the Premier League if David Sullivan wins his £50m West Ham fight.

SUNDAY MIRROR

Arsenal have emerged as shock contenders to sign Craig Bellamy. :yikes:

Newcastle want to make on-loan Danny Simpson a permanent signing.

Joe Cole is close to agreeing a new deal with Chelsea.

Liverpool hope to offload Andrei Voronin, Ryan Babel and Andrea Dossena in the January transfer window. :cheesy:

Middlesbrough are planning a January swoop for Rob Hulse.

Real Madrid will press ahead with a move for Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic.

Tottenham have their sights on Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones.

DAILY STAR

Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook has hinted he could land Arsene Wenger.

Sunderland have launched an attempt to hijack Danny Simpson's permanent move to Newcastle.

Everton's bid to boost their squad has taken them to Celtic with Aiden McGeady a target.

Gary Megson has warned Manchester United off making a bid for Gary Cahill.

Steve McClaren has ruled out a return to the Premier League to remain in Holland before moving on to Spain.