Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Spurs have a very decent side now, I'm sick to death of being jealous of their transfer dealings. f***ing despise them.

That said, if they don't get it right this season, then the men at the top want hanging up by their balls.

They must have spent well over 50million quid now in the last 12 months, starting with Jol's signings last summer. Then January signings, then getting Ramos there, and now big money signings this summer. Their spending is through the roof and like i say, if they don't get it right now then Levy et al want shooting.

But they probably will. :(

Guessing we'd be pretty happy if it was Mikey who made it rain on us..

Tired of reading posts of jealousy, whining about the Spurs' massive spending, naming them the new Leeds etc. when what we all really want is to be in the same situation.

F***ing fantastic post.   :clap:  People need to stop getting sand in their vaginas about Spurs: there's no problem with them, they seem to be being run well and good luck to them.  Instead of hating them for doing what we'd like to be doing at the moment, we should be using our energies to try and get Ashley and the management pushing us forward in the same manner.

Guest Heneage

Spurs seem to have taken up our old strategy of "let's sign any player what once had a good game against us".

Not much of a "Short" list then is it.

Spurs have a very decent side now, I'm sick to death of being jealous of their transfer dealings. f***ing despise them.

That said, if they don't get it right this season, then the men at the top want hanging up by their balls.

They must have spent well over 50million quid now in the last 12 months, starting with Jol's signings last summer. Then January signings, then getting Ramos there, and now big money signings this summer. Their spending is through the roof and like i say, if they don't get it right now then Levy et al want shooting.

Tired of reading posts of jealousy, whining about the Spurs' massive spending, naming them the new Leeds etc. when what we all really want is to be in the same situation.

F***ing fantastic post.   :clap:  People need to stop getting sand in their vaginas about Spurs: there's no problem with them, they seem to be being run well and good luck to them.  Instead of hating them for doing what we'd like to be doing at the moment, we should be using our energies to try and get Ashley and the management pushing us forward in the same manner.

Sondre:

1. Yep, i'd be chuffed if Mike did that for us, and i have confidence that he is willing to spend money; we would not have submitted substantial bids for Woodgate and Modric otherwise.

2. What's wrong with being jealous of a team that seems to be heading in the right direction? I wish we were displaying their sort of ambition - however - there's nothing to say that we are not. We're just going about it in a different manner.

3. It wasn't really a whinge, just a observation.

4. Neither me nor Melan said anything about Leeds.

[/uberchomp] :razz:

Guest sondre

F***ing fantastic post.  :clap:  People need to stop getting sand in their vaginas about Spurs: there's no problem with them, they seem to be being run well and good luck to them.  Instead of hating them for doing what we'd like to be doing at the moment, we should be using our energies to try and get Ashley and the management pushing us forward in the same manner.

Sondre:

1. Yep, i'd be chuffed if Mike did that for us, and i have confidence that he is willing to spend money; we would not have submitted substantial bids for Woodgate and Modric otherwise.

Hope so!! O0

2. What's wrong with being jealous of a team that seems to be heading in the right direction? I wish we were displaying their sort of ambition - however - there's nothing to say that we are not. We're just going about it in a different manner.

People here never admit they're jealous, they keep pounding them for buying class players, saying it is the wrong thing to do.

3. It wasn't really a whinge, just a observation.

This time, yes, but it was just the drop after so much Spurs whining. This was by far not the worst post, and maybe a bit undeserved that my reply came to this post

4. Neither me nor Melan said anything about Leeds.

Never meant to direct this to you two, but I've seen it in other posts.

[/uberchomp] :razz:

Guest diddimz

You won't be doing the double this season  :laugh2: ,  you wont beat us at the lane  O0

thats what was said last season to = )

and the season before :lol:

Guest TyneToPlay

Spurs have had more false dawns than us.

They actually win stuff tho.

F**k me they have revamped their team and we've done nothing but the Spears kid. Come on Mikey, get your wallet out man. 

F**k me they have revamped their team and we've done nothing but the Spears kid. Come on Mikey, get your wallet out man. 

But have they really revamped their team over the past two years?

Seems that they still have the traditional Spurs traits:

Slightly dodgy keeper (Don't think Gomes is that good personally)

Decent defenders on paper, dodgy in practice

Pretty but weak midfield

Decent but eratic forward line.

They've bought some really good players over the past 12 months, some of whom I would have loved to see here, but its been a like for lke replacement in terms of the type of player they buy.

I suppose that's the hard bit for a Newcastle fan to take as there never is a great difference in the two clubs, Newcastle have fallen just short in the Premiership and the FA Cup, while Spurs, never challenging for the League, have picked up the occasional bit of silverware.  I think the fans' views would have changed a lot had Newcastle won one of the the FA Cups, one cup success can generate a lot of optimism for following seasons.  It's the 'we've done it once, we can do it again' thinking, not 'is it possible to win something this year?'

As for revamping the squad, I'm surprised, I thought the Newcastle management would have done a lot more than they have.  Maybe not so much that no-one for the first team squad has been signed but the lack of links to players who may be added.  I'm not rubbing at old sores but Gomis looked poor in the Euros and Arshavin now looks to be completely out of reach, so does Turan.  But are £15m players (give or take) really what Newcastle need when the squad overall needs significant improvement?  My view, rightly or wrongly, is that Newcastle needs to adopt a Portsmouth approach, a bigger squad mainly made up with experienced freebies or players costing around the £7m mark. Diarra, Muntari, Kranjcar, Utaka, Defoe and Johnson individually look decent enough but put together they're a lot more effective than the sum of the individuals.

As for the Spurs squad, there still seems to be more work in progress with a solid DM, Bentley and 1 or 2 CD's left on the list (plus a new striker if Bent moves on).  The pleasing thing from the Spurs point of view is that Ramos wanted most of the new purchases to be made before the start of pre-season training so they could bond together better and, so far, that's been happening.

For the opening day of the season, the team could look something like:

Gomes

Hutton  -  Woodgate  -  King/New  -  Bale

New/Zokora

New/Lennon                                  Dos Santos

Modric

Keane                        Berbatov

Subs:  Pick 7 from:

Alnwick  -  Gunter  -  Gilberto  -  Dawson(?)  -  Zokora  -  Malbranque  -  Jenas  -  Huddlestone  -  O'Hara  -  Bent

Diarra is still the #1 pick for DM, whether he can prised away from Pompey is another thing, Bentley has to tell Ince to his face that he wants away before that can progress and the list of CD options is almost as long as the GK list prior to Gomes' arrival.  I'm happy with how it's gone so far.

Brazil playmaker Ronaldinho will reject a move to Manchester City as the 28-year-old wants to stay at Barcelona. (Daily Mirror)

There is some good news for City fans however as the club will clinch the £18m signing of Brazilian striker Jo from CSKA Moscow on Friday - free of third-party complications. (Daily Express)

I suppose that's the hard bit for a Newcastle fan to take as there never is a great difference in the two clubs, Newcastle have fallen just short in the Premiership and the FA Cup, while Spurs, never challenging for the League, have picked up the occasional bit of silverware.  I think the fans' views would have changed a lot had Newcastle won one of the the FA Cups, one cup success can generate a lot of optimism for following seasons.  It's the 'we've done it once, we can do it again' thinking, not 'is it possible to win something this year?'

As for revamping the squad, I'm surprised, I thought the Newcastle management would have done a lot more than they have.  Maybe not so much that no-one for the first team squad has been signed but the lack of links to players who may be added.  I'm not rubbing at old sores but Gomis looked poor in the Euros and Arshavin now looks to be completely out of reach, so does Turan.  But are £15m players (give or take) really what Newcastle need when the squad overall needs significant improvement?  My view, rightly or wrongly, is that Newcastle needs to adopt a Portsmouth approach, a bigger squad mainly made up with experienced freebies or players costing around the £7m mark. Diarra, Muntari, Kranjcar, Utaka, Defoe and Johnson individually look decent enough but put together they're a lot more effective than the sum of the individuals.

As for the Spurs squad, there still seems to be more work in progress with a solid DM, Bentley and 1 or 2 CD's left on the list (plus a new striker if Bent moves on).  The pleasing thing from the Spurs point of view is that Ramos wanted most of the new purchases to be made before the start of pre-season training so they could bond together better and, so far, that's been happening.

For the opening day of the season, the team could look something like:

Gomes

Hutton  -  Woodgate  -  King/New  -  Bale

New/Zokora

New/Lennon                                   Dos Santos

Modric

Keane                        Berbatov

Subs:  Pick 7 from:

Alnwick  -  Gunter  -  Gilberto  -  Dawson(?)  -  Zokora  -  Malbranque  -  Jenas  -  Huddlestone  -  O'Hara  -  Bent

Diarra is still the #1 pick for DM, whether he can prised away from Pompey is another thing, Bentley has to tell Ince to his face that he wants away before that can progress and the list of CD options is almost as long as the GK list prior to Gomes' arrival.  I'm happy with how it's gone so far.

That midfield lookslike one that will be good at home but will get trampled all over away especially playing with two very attack minded full backs. Tottenham, as with last season, be a good team to watch.