Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I thought Chucho didn't look that bad. Although he didn't score many goals he always looks dangerous and a threat whenever i seen him. Obviously not worth what Santos were asking for him but I wouldn't say he was a poor player from what I saw.

I thought Chucho didn't look that bad. Although he didn't score many goals he always looks dangerous and a threat whenever i seen him. Obviously not worth what Santos were asking for him but I wouldn't say he was a poor player from what I saw.

thought he looked class tbf. will probably score more once he gets settled but he's more of a 2nd striker than a goalscorer - similar to bellamy in terms of good link up, clever movement, pace and creativity. plenty of brum fans disappointed by this.

Yep,I've heard that but don't believe it tbh.Coventry have no money and couldn't offer Shearer the wages he requires.

No Idea why Shearer would require big wages. He's had absolutely no experience in management except one short lived spell here in which he showed nothing that would suggest he's a good manager. He doesnt deserve big wages nor does he have any right to be commanding them.

Surely he'd want more than the Beeb are paying him????

He wouldn't get the price of a licence fee from Coventry.

No idea what he's on at the beeb but even so, he shouldn't really be in it for the money. Especially when he's already made so much and he's wanting to get into management anyway. We'll have to wait and see, I'd like to see him back in management somewhere soon and I certainly cant see a prem club willing to pay him big wages taking him on so if he wants to get back into the game, he's going to have to take a pay cut somewhere down the line.

Surely he'd want more than the Beeb are paying him????

He wouldn't get the price of a licence fee from Coventry.

No idea what he's on at the beeb but even so, he shouldn't really be in it for the money. Especially when he's already made so much and he's wanting to get into management anyway. We'll have to wait and see, I'd like to see him back in management somewhere soon and I certainly cant see a prem club willing to pay him big wages taking him on so if he wants to get back into the game, he's going to have to take a pay cut somewhere down the line.

This. He probably will always have a job in punditry if he wants it, but if he's serious about becoming a manager he'll need to make some sacrifices (he'll still earn more than almost anybody in this board, I'm sure).

Guest Roger Kint

I think he looked fine too. 7-9m is daft money though.

As a goalscorer am with Ronaldo, there was glimpses of quality on the ball at times, the fee though is about 4 times too big

As a goalscorer am with Ronaldo, there was glimpses of quality on the ball at times, the fee though is about 4 times too big

Eh? Are we in 1994 like? He's an international striker man (admittedly for Ecuador, but still).

Eh? Are we in 1994 like? He's an international striker man (admittedly for Ecuador, but still).

He scored 4 goals this season.

He suffers from Martins-Dindane syndrome. Physically and athletically sound, but gash finishing.

He scored 4 goals this season.

He suffers from Martins-Dindane syndrome. Physically and athletically sound, but gash finishing.

So aye, he's worth between £1.5m and £2.25m depending on what the actual fee proposed to Birmingham was (between £6M and 9M). I understand what he is completely but I just cannot hack people on here and their fucking valuations. He is first choice for Ecuador and has got quite the reputation about him... and he's only 25. Come off it man.

I'm not saying he's Pele but that "4 times" was a ridiculous comment. (Almost as ridiculous as my maths in the initial post.) :lol:

leon bests an international striker whats your point

leon bests an international striker whats your point

Aye, I thought someone would say something similar when I posted that (fucking hell you need to cover your arse on here these days). Benitez is Ecuador's main man (has a decent record at that level), and has quite a reputation about him and has done some pretty good things, Best is bit-part for Ireland at most and has flattered to deceive even to those who have had barely any expectations of him. If you've seen the pair of them play you know there's a gulf in class between them and, as such, Chucho wouldn't go for the sort of money that was suggested by Roger Kint (which Best probably would). Again, I'm not saying Benitez is amazing but if you can't see the difference between him and Best and therefore the difference in their value then I reckon you're the one needing a point sausage.

Ronaldo isn't far wrong in calling him a headless chicken, but he definitely has something there that will cause someone to take a gamble of £5m+ on him. If he goes for £1.5m-£2.25m then I'll gladly admit I've got this completely wrong.

For under 5M I'd take him like, I'm not sure you can justify spending over 5M on a 24 year old striker that scored 4 goals in 38 apps, especially in the financial situation we find ourselves in at the minute.

Nobody's talking about us buying him like, unless I've missed something?

For under 5M I'd take him like, I'm not sure you can justify spending over 5M on a 24 year old striker that scored 4 goals in 38 apps, especially in the financial situation we find ourselves in at the minute.

No, nobody has, though hypothetically speaking if he was to become available, I'd take him for under 5M.

No, nobody has, though hypothetically speaking if he was to become available, I'd take him for under 5M.

Aye, sorry mate. My back's up from dealing with Harry and Lloyd.

I hadn't even considered him coming here to be honest, don't think there's a chance of it. Just interested to see where he ends up from here and if he actually makes a success out of hit because he started brightly enough at Brum and then seemed to fade badly. Must have been a big, big transition though, coming from where he did. I don't think he's what Hughton would fancy or what the club could afford to chance it on either way. Would be surprised to see him staying in England at all.