Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Accident waiting to happen tbh. Mentally weak as piss and if he doesn't start like a house on fire; the crowd will be on his back and he'll crumble. Just like he did last time.

If we've actually got a reasonable £5m to blow on one player, spend it elsewhere. Preferably on a decent striker.

Yes we do.

Nah, we need a more defensively solid player in CM.. Jenas doesn't offer anything different than Barton and Guthrie.. except maybe for stupid dribbles at full pace that usually lead to nothing.

Exactly.  Guthrie deserves a stater role and it would be silly to spend 5m on a rotation player.

Instead, a cheeky bid of 3m for Bouba Diop would be much better.

Exactly.  Guthrie deserves a stater role and it would be silly to spend 5m on a rotation player.

As in the Pompy player? I reckon due to his age and their position we'd get him for next to nowt.

Guthrie doesn't deserve a starting role just yet. He's a poor athlete and is poor defensively.

He's a good passer, but stuggles to have a great impact due to the reasons you've stated.

Rotation at best.

Yes we do.

Nah, we need a more defensively solid player in CM.. Jenas doesn't offer anything different than Barton and Guthrie.. except maybe for stupid dribbles at full pace that usually lead to nothing.

I really wonder how much football you watch sometimes. He's got pace, a good engine and a fair bit of strength on the ball.

As in the Pompy player? I reckon due to his age and their position we'd get him for next to nowt.

in these days when movement more than ever is the key and teams are starting to go 4-3-3 the last thing we need is a diop.

in these days when movement more than ever is the key and teams are starting to go 4-3-3 the last thing we need is a diop.

He'd be a bigger built Nicky Butt for sure. We need pace and legs in the middle, Nolan, Smith, Barton & Guthrie are too flat for my liken.

He'd be a bigger built Nicky Butt for sure. We need pace and legs in the middle, Nolan, Smith, Barton & Guthrie are too flat for my liken.

there we go again with pace. it's nice but give me an avergae paced player with technique and a clever brain everytime.

there we go again with pace. it's nice but give me an avergae paced player with technique and a clever brain everytime.

They cost money, pace makes up for a lot of defects in the modern game imo.

It's cost effective.

Guest kingdawson

You won't get Jenas for £5m with Levy in charge. Probably flog him off to Villa for £7m plus.

It's cost effective.

i really disagree.

Yes we do.

I really wonder how much football you watch sometimes. He's got pace, a good engine and a fair bit of strength on the ball.

No offence, but I'm pretty sure I know more about football than you..

Jenas' biggest asset is his pace but CM is the one position in the pitch where pace doesn't matter. Like I said, I like him but would it be wise to spend half of our budget on a position for which we have plenty of options (Guthrie, Barton and.. em.. Nolan)

If we are to buy a midfielder he certainly has to be more defensive-minded.

A player with very good tactical discipline and positional awareness OR with very good tackling ability and decent engine.

If it was up to me, I'd have no reluctance in playing Colo there. Imo, we'll find it a lot easier (and cheaper) to buy an adequate CB than a good DM..

Nonsense.

oh aye.. you're right actually.. let's blow it all on Jenas.

He is considerably better than any other central midfielder we currently have at the club.

Nonsense.

oh aye.. you're right actually.. let's blow it all on Jenas.

He is considerably better than any other central midfielder we currently have at the club.

I agree, although 'considerably' is stretching it a bit.. But unless we sell Barton and Nolan, there's really no need for us to pay millions for Jermaine fucking Jenas

It's cost effective.

i really disagree.

Give me a fast player with technique over an average or slow one with techniques anyday