Other clubs' transfers

Dave

They should play Joe Cole more if that's what they want. He's top class. Don't know if injuries have had their toll mind.

They probaly wanted to play Joe cole more, but his constant injuries and ineffectual play when he was fit have prevented that. Not only should Chelsea not give him his requested salary, they should offer him any sort of contract whatsoever as his services are no longer required.

The Sun are an absolute mess. Yes, Everton will bid £4m for free agent Joe Ledley  :facepalm:

EVERTON are ready to test Cardiff with a £4million bid for Joe Ledley.

The Bluebirds are still reeling from their Championship play-off final heartbreak to Blackpool and are struggling financially.

They have dodged winding-up orders by the taxman this season but must sell players after missing out on the £90m Premier League payday.

Wales international Ledley, 23, has been tracked by Toffees chief David Moyes since last season.

Money is also tight at Goodison but Moyes rates Ledley so highly he would be prepared to go as high as £6m to land him.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2985620/Everton-in-4m-go-for-Joe.html#ixzz0otx880oN

This is insane if you ask me. Parachute payments should go and the money redistributed more equally between the Championship clubs.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you fully, but when you get rid of parachute payments, you end up with Celta Vigo and Real Sociedad.

Is that a bad thing? It's not like they have done a Leeds either.

Its probably been mentioned but Birmingham have agreed a fee for Zigic.

Seems a canny signing if they get him. Not sure if he's any good technically but he will be a handful at least.

Yeah, it was. A full one post before you.  :doh:

Not sure about Zigic. Anyone who watches La Liga more, how's he done? Didn't he go back on loan to Racing?

He was on loan to Racing last season and banged them in again, 13 in 19 for a team like Racing is a great record.

I'd say he's poor technically, but he's probably one of the best out and out target men in the game. 6 foot 8 and as you'd expect a bit of a tank in the air, he wins everything. So for what Birmingham are signing him for, he'll almost certainly do an effective job.

He didn't quite cut it at Valencia did he? For Birmingham week in week out, you have to expect him to make a massive impact. Also a sign of ambition for a club like Birmingham - certainly not resting on their laurels it seems.

He didn't quite cut it at Valencia did he? For Birmingham week in week out, you have to expect him to make a massive impact. Also a sign of ambition for a club like Birmingham - certainly not resting on their laurels it seems.

Could make a lot of sense buying pre-world cup too as himself and Serbia might do alright there. Brum got a fair bit of cash to splash IIRC with that new owner whos name i forget.

Be interesting to see if they play him instead of Jerome or with him as he anything but a replacement for Chucho.

Zigic has never been given a fair crack of the whip at Valencia either. Granted he's probably not the level of player for them, but every time he's given a run has performed adequately. Plus he's always been immense for Racing, who don't play it on the floor like Valencia do.

Yeah, I always thought he looked crazily out of place at Valencia. He was surrounded by lots of technically gifted, mostly Spanish, attacking midfielders/wingers who all like to get the ball down and play. Don't think they were ever gonna get the best out of him and mainly only had him as a sort of 'plan B'.

Still though, it signals a big statement of intent that Birmingham are getting themselves a leading international #9 for probably one of the dark horses for the World Cup. He should do well in England if they utilise him.

Incidently, when this deal goes through Valencia will be left with precisely 0 recognised strikers. They're gonna be having a busy transfer markert for sure.

Could make a lot of sense buying pre-world cup too as himself and Serbia might do alright there. Brum got a fair bit of cash to splash IIRC with that new owner whos name i forget.

Be interesting to see if they play him instead of Jerome or with him as he anything but a replacement for Chucho.

I'm not positive about this. (Carsten Yeung?)

I seem to remember it not quite being a case of "here's a load of money, Alex", and instead they'd have to be pretty shrewd with what they actually spend. Either way, £5-6m for Zigic is decent business in today's market.

I'm not positive about this. (Carsten Yeung?)

I seem to remember it not quite being a case of "here's a load of money, Alex", and instead they'd have to be pretty shrewd with what they actually spend. Either way, £5-6m for Zigic is decent business in today's market.

Aye, Yeung thats the chap, sure he made noises about spending money when he finally took over, maybe not loads but definitely more than other teams of a similar midtable stature like Blackburn for example.

Agree that Zigic will be a good asset though although Birmingham don't really play out and out wingers so it'll be interesting to see if there is development in those areas too.

Oh no. For the 3rd summer in a row, stupid Moutinho rumours are sprouting their ugly heads.  :facepalm:

Reckon he might move this summer after being left out of the Portugal world cup squad. Certainly impressed playing against you in the Waffa cup.

Any reason why he was left out of the WC squad, I thought he was meant to be pretty good? Don't really follow the Portuguese league but didn't Pedro Mendes get in their squad ahead of him?

EDIt: Infact, Ze Castro got in ahead of him aswell, and he's dogshit.

Oh no. For the 3rd summer in a row, stupid Moutinho rumours are sprouting their ugly heads.  :facepalm:

Reckon he might move this summer after being left out of the Portugal world cup squad. Certainly impressed playing against you in the Waffa cup.

In that 2nd leg a cardboard box would have impressed.

Any reason why he was left out of the WC squad, I thought he was meant to be pretty good? Don't really follow the Portuguese league but didn't Pedro Mendes get in their squad ahead of him?

EDIt: Infact, Ze Castro got in ahead of him aswell, and he's dogshit.

Nah no idea. Just a peek at the stats suggests hes been used more sparingly in the league this season so maybe his form has dipped or he has stagnated a bit.

Suprised that Manuel Fernandes wasn't in there either. Always liked him as a player.

They are €600m in debt, almost as much as Real Madrid. And they have a quarter of Madrid's turnover.

They need to cover their short term debts, stall on their stadium sale so the market picks up and they get a decent price so they can clean up the balance sheet and move to their new place.

In that 2nd leg a cardboard box would have impressed.

Yep. In the first leg when we actually turned up he was rubbish and got taken off.

Veloso was the only player of theirs who impressed over the two games rather than just in the surrender at Lisbon.