Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Man you could certainly get better than Fletcher for £7.5 million if you went abroad.

Maybe - my point is that WE won't be spending anywhere near that on anyone and one of our main rivals is.  He'll improve them, no doubt, and it doesn't look like we'll keep up with other teams squad improvements.

they could end up losing doyle though if rumours are to be believed and frankly id rather have doyle than fletcher

So would I.  I think they'll keep both though.  Especially having just peddled Illwellumo (sp?)

it'll be hard to turn down offers from big clubs (and even mccarthy has said as much) the fletcher deal just strikes me as covering for when doyle goes as fletcher is similar enough to doyle in work rate etc (at least from what ive seen of him) but goals ain't the best area of his game

Man you could certainly get better than Fletcher for £7.5 million if you went abroad.

Maybe - my point is that WE won't be spending anywhere near that on anyone and one of our main rivals is.  He'll improve them, no doubt, and it doesn't look like we'll keep up with other teams squad improvements.

they could end up losing doyle though if rumours are to be believed and frankly id rather have doyle than fletcher

So would I.  I think they'll keep both though.  Especially having just peddled Illwellumo (sp?)

it'll be hard to turn down offers from big clubs (and even mccarthy has said as much) the fletcher deal just strikes me as covering for when doyle goes as fletcher is similar enough to doyle in work rate etc (at least from what ive seen of him) but goals ain't the best area of his game

Hope you're right as losing Doyle would seriously undermine them

Doyle has been quality for them this season, i can't see Mick sacrificing his 'system' he plays though. Which involves fullback wingers, and 1 striker with no creativity in midfield.

For me, if Fletcher comes in, Doyle is on his way.

Guest Roger Kint

How many years has Fabregas got left on his contract with Arsenal?

4 or 5 i think

Guest icemanblue

Silly Wenger. He's going to regret that as soon as Cesc hits 83, I reckon.

I love automatic translations. "The first real operation of the summer 2010 transfer window is Inter's." :lol:

A cross between Maicon and Zanetti would be  :fwap: tastic.

Scolari has left the Uzbek team he was managing.

He'd done wank anyway. They wanted him to win the Asian Champions League and he's gone out in the early knock-out stages twice in a row, both at an earlier stage than when Zico failed.

There's some dodgy stuff going on anyway, apparently part of Rivaldo's contract there meant he was in charge of signing players :lol: The signings of Denilson (not the Betis one) and a Stevica Ristic were both done by him, meaning Scolari was left with the players Rivaldo had signed. Mental.

I don't see the logic in the way they're going about it, the money they're spending on Rivaldo could sign 3-4 quality European/South American players in the peak of their ability.

Silly Wenger. He's going to regret that as soon as Cesc hits 83, I reckon.

Took exactly a minute :lol:

John Cross from The Mirror on twitter

"To be clear: #Arsenal definitely like Joe Cole but no deal yet. Other clubs - unsurprisingly, as he's terrific - also keen.Decision after WC

about 1 hour ago via web"

"Joe Cole has 100pc NOT signed for #Arsenal. Checked it, it's not true. They like him but Joe wants to concentrate on WC, decision after SA"

I'd replace Arshavin/Rosicky/Walcott with him. He's got a bit of passion and more of an end product.

I really like him, unfortunately i still think he'll end up at Manyooo

I'd replace Arshavin/Rosicky/Walcott with him. He's got a bit of passion and more of an end product.

I really like him, unfortunately i still think he'll end up at Manyooo

Passion?

'I want 150k a weeeeeeeeek, not 140k a weeeeeeeek'.

Guy has fuck all passion imo, luckily he is an awesome player. You're right though, would probably replace all of them with him (considering Arshavin is going slightly mental).