Other clubs' transfers

Dave

What defines 'tapping up'?

All Redknapp is done there is say what players he is after and he hopes they are available.

A bit like Real Madrid announcing they would like Ronaldo?

Yeh but Madrid are reported to have signed agreements with Ronaldo etc - that is tapping up. Real Madrid simply saying they want Ronaldo isn't, nor is Redknapp saying he'd like SWP.

Signing actual contracts with a player without the permision of there club is just a little bit more then tapping up like :lol:

Tapping up is talking to a player, either directly or indirectly, about a move without the blessing of the players club.

Indeed, so how is Harry Redknapp tapping up those players? (Not directed at you btw, more-so whoever it was above)

What defines 'tapping up'?

All Redknapp is done there is say what players he is after and he hopes they are available.

A bit like Real Madrid announcing they would like Ronaldo?

Yeh but Madrid are reported to have signed agreements with Ronaldo etc - that is tapping up. Real Madrid simply saying they want Ronaldo isn't, nor is Redknapp saying he'd like SWP.

Signing actual contracts with a player without the permision of there club is just a little bit more then tapping up like :lol:

Tapping up is talking to a player, either directly or indirectly, about a move without the blessing of the players club.

Indeed, so how is Harry Redknapp tapping up those players? (Not directed at you btw, more-so whoever it was above)

He's not. He's talking about a player he would like to attract to his club, not to that player, directly or indirectly..

Whether it's actually 'tapping up' or not in terms of the laws of the game, he shouldn't be candidly talking about other teams' players like that IMO, obviously trying to turn their heads. It's disrespectful to the clubs and their fans.

If he wants a player, speak to their club and see if they're available. Don't just run mouthing off to the press, annoying fucker.

Whether it's actually 'tapping up' or not in terms of the laws of the game, he shouldn't be candidly talking about other teams' players like that IMO, obviously trying to turn their heads. It's disrespectful to the clubs and their fans.

If he wants a player, speak to their club and see if they're available. Don't just run mouthing off to the press, annoying fucker.

Personally I think thats a bit harsh. If Keegan came out tomorrow and said i'd like to sign X, Y and Z and I think our fans would love them but its a case of seeing if they're available, there would be hysteria on here!

Personally I think thats a bit harsh. If Keegan came out tomorrow and said i'd like to sign X, Y and Z and I think our fans would love them but its a case of seeing if they're available, there would be hysteria on here!

that's cos we are biased and partisan, not objective. if another manager said the same things about one of our players we'd be livid (unless it was smith).

normally i'd say its contact with the player that counts but the way ferguson has whined on about ronaldo when he done exactly the same witrh ferdinand is taking the piss.

normally i'd say its contact with the player that counts but the way ferguson has whined on about ronaldo when he done exactly the same witrh ferdinand is taking the piss.

And Hargreaves, Saha....

And Hargreaves, Saha....

The media driven campaign to get Rooney to Man Utd is exactly what Madrid are now doing to get Ronaldo.

They've got a taste of their own medicine and don't like it.

And Hargreaves, Saha....

The media driven campaign to get Rooney to Man Utd is exactly what Madrid are now doing to get Ronaldo.

They've got a taste of their own medicine and don't like it.

oh come on the rooney thing was over three days. this ronaldo one has been on going since 1967

Apparantly Liverpool are lining up a bid for Keane..

If the numbers being suggested are anywhere near accurate, I wouldn't be devastated.  I still believe that Keane has only really played well with 1 striker (Berba) and looks less able with more arm waving with any others.  I'd have no complaints about Crouchie coming back either.

If the numbers being suggested are anywhere near accurate, I wouldn't be devastated.  I still believe that Keane has only really played well with 1 striker (Berba) and looks less able with more arm waving with any others.   I'd have no complaints about Crouchie coming back either.

Interesting. I guess with this Keane talk the Villa rumours make a lot more sense for Spurs. Could potentially have Villa and Crouch as your front pair next season then. That would probably be a pretty good partnership actually.

If the numbers being suggested are anywhere near accurate, I wouldn't be devastated.  I still believe that Keane has only really played well with 1 striker (Berba) and looks less able with more arm waving with any others.  I'd have no complaints about Crouchie coming back either.

Interesting. I guess with this Keane talk the Villa rumours make a lot more sense for Spurs. Could potentially have Villa and Crouch as your front pair next season then. That would probably be a pretty good partnership actually.

The big if is whether Villa would actually move to WHL.  I know for a fact that we've been working on him (or his agent to be more exact cos Spurs don't do tapping up  :rolleyes:), but there are far bigger clubs than Spurs wanting him.  Still somewher between highly unlikely and no bloody chance imo.  There's a 1001 threads going on in the Spurs forums debating whether a) should Keane go and b) has Ramos lost it by wanting Crouch.  Keane has always admitted that he is a Liverpool fan, if that's what he wants, let him go provided that the money is right and and we have the right replacements in. 

As for Crouch, one fella said that there were a lot of Spurs fans not rating Kanoute until he went to Sevilla.  I'm in total agreement.  Maybe Crouch wouldn't be my first choice but if Ramos thinks he's the one he wants, that's fine by me.  BTW, there's a lot of rumour about Bentley being at the training ground, signing later day etc.  That may be a bit of wishful thinking but it does now seem to be pretty close.  Bentley signing would then make Lennon available I suppose.

Tom Huddlestone signs a new 5 year contract.

Bentley wasn't at the Spurs training ground, it was the Italian Youth GK Mirko Ranieri whose joining the Academy.  A case of mistaken identity though from the pic on the OS, can't say he looks anything like Bentley.

Guest kingdawson

If the numbers being suggested are anywhere near accurate, I wouldn't be devastated.  I still believe that Keane has only really played well with 1 striker (Berba) and looks less able with more arm waving with any others.   I'd have no complaints about Crouchie coming back either.

Same here tbh. Liverpool would be retards to pay the amount thats been rumoured.

Talksport just reported that Keane wants Liverpool move. He's not even in my first X1 for next season anyway so cant really say i'm bothered.

Same here tbh. Liverpool would be retards to pay the amount thats been rumoured.

Talksport just reported that Keane wants Liverpool move. He's not even in my first X1 for next seasdon anyway so cant really say i'm bothered.

How could you not have a player who scored 15 league goals in your first team?

Guest kingdawson

Talksport just reported that Keane wants Liverpool move. He's not even in my first X1 for next seasdon anyway so cant really say i'm bothered.

Simply because i want us to play one up top next season and theirs no way in hell Keane can play that role. Sometimes you have to sacrifice good individual players for the good of the team as a whole. Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation (or a similiar variation of it) will probably lead to us being a more solid unit.

The likelihood of Keane getting 15 league goals next season is extremely unlikely if Berbatov has gone.  Ramos has said before that Keane is very good at what he does although he does limit the options available to the coach.  I don't necessarily share KD's wish to see only one up front, though I think it is important for Ramos to have that option available to him.

Talksport now reporting Crouch and Bentley deals are imminent

Talksport are probably picking up on the Bentley at the training ground rumour.

Bentley's old schoolmate on GG says that Bentley is still up north and nothing will be happening until DB meets with Ince on 7th July.

Bentley's old schoolmate on GG says that Bentley is still up north and nothing will be happening until DB meets with Ince on 7th July.

I expected it to be rubbish like coming from Talksport

I expected it to be rubbish like coming from Talksport

Likewise the Spurs message board. :lol:

All we need are a couple of sizeable deals to go through, and the whole transfer market will come to life. That's said to be how it works.

If Ronaldo moved to Madrid tomorrow, this thread would be doing 10 pages a day by next week, nae bother.

I don't know why I just wrote nae rather than no.