Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Taylor, why have you edited the date from that quote? Perhaps because it was made in Jan/Feb when Best had just arrived (on the back of scoring more goals than all of our forwards) and deserved his chance?

Nice try, mate.

Taylor, why have you edited the date from that quote? Perhaps because it was made in Jan/Feb when Best had just arrived (on the back of scoring more goals than all of our forwards) and deserved his chance?

Nice try, mate.

www.chodecircus.com/area51/

At the time you made that post Carroll was on six goals for the season including a brace a week prior. Lovenkrands had recently scored a hat-trick in partnership with Carroll. Best was on ten goals, one in the previous two months. Of course he deserved a start, but to suggest Hughton should be 'lynched' for picking Carroll was pretty daft.

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn flew to Germany yesterday in a bid to conclude a deal for Schalke defender Heiko Westermann.

Sportsmail exclusively revealed Sunderland's interest and Quinn hopes talks will be successful enough to tempt the 26-year-old to the Stadium of Light in a £6m transfer.

Sunderland, who have finalised the £3m signing of Belgium U21 international keeper Simon Mignolet from Sint Truidense, are also among clubs watching Ivory Coast striker Gervinho at the World Cup.

Birmingham scouts also watched the 23-year-old Lille striker against Portugal. He is rated at around £7million but has a good goalscoring record and can play right wing, striker and attacking midfield.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1287482/Sunderland-tie-6m-deal-Schalke-defender-Heiko-Westermann.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0r9oUbcxW

At the time you made that post Carroll was on six goals for the season including a brace a week prior. Lovenkrands had recently scored a hat-trick in partnership with Carroll. Best was on ten goals, one in the previous two months. Of course he deserved a start, but to suggest Hughton should be 'lynched' for picking Carroll was pretty daft.

You could say it could come back to bite him on the arse.  O0

Glad it has though, Carroll is a real option next season, hopefully he can get around 10 league goals, if so that's some progress.

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn flew to Germany yesterday in a bid to conclude a deal for Schalke defender Heiko Westermann.

Sportsmail exclusively revealed Sunderland's interest and Quinn hopes talks will be successful enough to tempt the 26-year-old to the Stadium of Light in a £6m transfer.

Sunderland, who have finalised the £3m signing of Belgium U21 international keeper Simon Mignolet from Sint Truidense, are also among clubs watching Ivory Coast striker Gervinho at the World Cup.

Birmingham scouts also watched the 23-year-old Lille striker against Portugal. He is rated at around £7million but has a good goalscoring record and can play right wing, striker and attacking midfield.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1287482/Sunderland-tie-6m-deal-Schalke-defender-Heiko-Westermann.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0r9oUbcxW

Sunderland signing players  :thdn:

Glad it has though, Carroll is a real option next season, hopefully he can get around 10 league goals, if so that's some progress.

Well, no. I held my hands up a few months ago regarding Carroll, I was too harsh on him. Sorry you missed my admisson, you were probably banned for advocating manslaughter at the time.

Still a little confused why my post is being quoted. The majority thought he should start (over Carroll) when he signed. :dontknow:

Well, no. I held my hands up a few months ago regarding Carroll, I was too harsh on him. Sorry you missed my admisson, you were probably banned for advocating manslaughter at the time.

Still a little confused why my post is being quoted. The majority thought he should start (over Carroll) when he signed. :dontknow:

It was pretty much for the reasons Dave outlined. Just to remind us not to be too harsh on our current players. They are our children, we must protect them.

However, in the interest of fairness, I'll fix it.