Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Sam Allardyce ear-marked by Al Ahli as man to put Middle Eastern football on the map

Sam Allardyce could be in line for a multi-million-pound switch to Dubai club Al Ahli to help put Middle East club football on the world map.

Allardyce could be the beneficiary of the club’s failed attempts to land Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp and Italian international supremo Marcello Lippi.

But the Blackburn boss had already figured highly on the Arabs’ radar even to the extent of discreet approaches from advisors acting for the billionaire outfit.

Allardyce had a fantastic season at Ewood Park, guiding Rovers to mid-table in the Premier League on a shoestring budget.

He would find transfer cash less difficult to obtain at a club determined to tempt some of the world’s biggest names with mind-numbing wages.

The Dubai club, known as the Red Knights, are owned by the Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheik Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum.

Can see this pleasing a few people  ;D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1289939/Sam-Allardyce-ear-marked-Al-Ahli-man-Middle-Eastern-football-map.html

Sam Allardyce ear-marked by Al Ahli as man to put Middle Eastern football on the map

Sam Allardyce could be in line for a multi-million-pound switch to Dubai club Al Ahli to help put Middle East club football on the world map.

Allardyce could be the beneficiary of the club’s failed attempts to land Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp and Italian international supremo Marcello Lippi.

But the Blackburn boss had already figured highly on the Arabs’ radar even to the extent of discreet approaches from advisors acting for the billionaire outfit.

Allardyce had a fantastic season at Ewood Park, guiding Rovers to mid-table in the Premier League on a shoestring budget.

He would find transfer cash less difficult to obtain at a club determined to tempt some of the world’s biggest names with mind-numbing wages.

The Dubai club, known as the Red Knights, are owned by the Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheik Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum.

Can see this pleasing a few people  ;D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1289939/Sam-Allardyce-ear-marked-Al-Ahli-man-Middle-Eastern-football-map.html

God, this would be great. Don Revie all over again.

Real Madrid have confirmed the signing of Di María for 25m

No word on Real Madrid players going the other way.

He's one of those players that when I watch him, I can tell that he's very good, but I'm not overly impressed as to see why he's considered one of the world's best young stars.

Spurs have had a bid accepted for Kjaer and Cavani.

Wooft they would be great signings.

Will probaly combone to be less than Milner. Brilliant transfer strategy from Man City.

Very true, idiots.

Guest Heneage

Will probaly combone to be less than Milner. Brilliant transfer strategy from Man City.

Very true, idiots.

35m Euro's much better business.

Real Sociedad about to bid for Jo, according to his manager.

Do they want to get relegated?

I thought he was alright in his first spell at Goodison. I take it i'm wrong?

He was mostly terrible apart from his debut (when he had a blinder vs Bolton).

His goals per game stats were good in the first spell but it papered over some massive cracks and none of them were decisive goals iirc. In the second spell he was the same but without the goals. Just downright shit.

re: Spurs- I knew saggyface would buy Kjaer after seeing him talking about him on the BBC before a Denmark game. I'm pretty sure the word "triffic" was used more than once.

I might be wrong but I haven't been that impressed with Cavani anyway. He was hyped up pre-tournament but Forlan is just head and shoulders above everyone in that side.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs' Cavani-Kjaer bid 'accepted' 

Monday 28 June, 2010

“Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse,” for Simon Kjaer and Edinson Cavani, confirmed Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini.

Spurs had already been heavily linked with the two World Cup stars for some time, but it seems the matter is heading towards a conclusion.

“Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave,” Zamparini told Sky Italia television.

Danish international defender Kjaer is hot property and was also linked with Juventus, Inter, Barcelona and Manchester United.

Uruguayan striker Cavani had been close to Inter, who seem to have toned down their interest, while Manchester City made an offer.

“We will reinvest the money for these players,” assured Zamparini. “The midfield is my biggest concern, whereas in defence and attack we are fairly covered.”

Very true, idiots.

The pound is still worth something like 1.25 Euroes these days. So, yes I would consider it better business to spend 35 million euro on two players better than James Milner, than to spend 35 million euro on James Milner.

I might be wrong but I haven't been that impressed with Cavani anyway. He was hyped up pre-tournament but Forlan is just head and shoulders above everyone in that side.

I think you're underestimating Suarez.....slightly.

Suarez is good but not great imo. Forlan is a classier player and more intelligent.

Guest Heneage

Very true, idiots.

The pound is still worth something like 1.25 Euroes these days. So, yes I would consider it better business to spend 35 million euro on two players better than James Milner, than to spend 35 million euro on James Milner.

That's not what I meant. Split it in half it's 17.5m for each player, that's much much better business than Milner.

Guest kingdawson

I think you're underestimating Suarez.....slightly.

I Love Forlan. Think he's better than Suarez by some distance at this moment in time. In truth, Cavani hasn't impressed me much this tournament but he comes with a lot of hype and has done well at Palermo.

Guest elbee909

Spurs' Cavani-Kjaer bid 'accepted' 

Monday 28 June, 2010

“Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse,” for Simon Kjaer and Edinson Cavani, confirmed Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini.

Spurs had already been heavily linked with the two World Cup stars for some time, but it seems the matter is heading towards a conclusion.

“Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave,” Zamparini told Sky Italia television.

Danish international defender Kjaer is hot property and was also linked with Juventus, Inter, Barcelona and Manchester United.

Uruguayan striker Cavani had been close to Inter, who seem to have toned down their interest, while Manchester City made an offer.

“We will reinvest the money for these players,” assured Zamparini. “The midfield is my biggest concern, whereas in defence and attack we are fairly covered.”

That Harry Redknapp, he sure knows how to pick up a real bargain.  What a wheeler-dealer etc. etc.