Other clubs' transfers

Dave

‘The problem was economic,’ said Ancelotti, ‘There is a problem between the club and Joe Cole, not me. We have spoken about this but when the problem is over money, then it is not my problem.’

Wonder if the press will call Joe Cole a mercenary/money grabber, etc. for turning down Champions League football with Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs to go there. Doubt it.

Surely he'd be earning more at Spurs or Chelsea? He's pretty much guaranteed first team football at Liverpool as long as he's fit, as he'll only be competing with Ryan Babel for that position.

Apparently not as far as the money goes - story is that he was offered 65K pw for 3 years at Spurs, 80K pw for 2 years at Arsenal and 90K pw for 4 years at Liverpool. Spurs have run a tight ship on wages for a while now, Liverpool...not so much. Agree that he's much more likely to start at Liverpool.

Wonder if the press will call Joe Cole a mercenary/money grabber, etc. for turning down Champions League football with Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs to go there. Doubt it.

Surely he'd be earning more at Spurs or Chelsea? He's pretty much guaranteed first team football at Liverpool as long as he's fit, as he'll only be competing with Ryan Babel for that position.

Apparently not as far as the money goes - story is that he was offered 65K pw for 3 years at Spurs, 80K pw for 2 years at Arsenal and 90K pw for 4 years at Liverpool. Spurs have run a tight ship on wages for a while now, Liverpool...not so much. Agree that he's much more likely to start at Liverpool.

Right, fair enough. I just thought Liverpool were skint and wouldn't offer that high wages. Still think he's made a good move career wise, and as it seems to be a good move money wise as well, I don't think anyone can blame him for going to Liverpool.

Right, fair enough. I just thought Liverpool were skint and wouldn't offer that high wages. Still think he's made a good move career wise, and as it seems to be a good move money wise as well, I don't think anyone can blame him for going to Liverpool.

Yeah, I don't blame him at all and I'm not too unhappy with missing out. It's up front and centre-back that we need. I don't see where Liverpool are going to get this money either.

Can someone please shed some light on :

1. Whether Laurent Koscielny would be a success in Arsenal ?

2. Whether Pablo Ibanez would be a success in Arsenal ?

3. Whether David Silva will be the bomb in Manchester City ?

4. Will Hernandez score ~15 goals in Manchester United ?

5. Will Mauro Boselli score ~ 15 goals in Wigan ?

6. Will Nikola Zigic score ~ 15 goals in Birmingham ?

7. Will Fabricio Coloccini be a success this season ?

8. Will Michael Dawson finally flourish consistently in Tottengham ?

Guest MrBrown

Kuyt             Gerrard            Cole

Torres

Not a bad front four.

What? No way!

Lucas kicked out of the team and Gerrard back into midfield alongside Mascherano. Joe Cole just behind Torres, and Jovanovic, who looks a very good left winger, out on the left. Kuyt on the right. That would be really good.

Erm, about that...

Guest MrBrown

1. Whether Laurent Koscielny would be a success in Arsenal ?

2. Whether Pablo Ibanez would be a success in Arsenal ?

3. Whether David Silva will be the bomb in Manchester City ?

4. Will Hernandez score ~15 goals in Manchester United ?

5. Will Mauro Boselli score ~ 15 goals in Wigan ?

6. Will Nikola Zigic score ~ 15 goals in Birmingham ?

7. Will Fabricio Coloccini be a success this season ?

8. Will Michael Dawson finally flourish consistently in Tottengham ?

Working on your fantasy football team?

Yes, the Sun Fantasy Team

I have worked out the secret to do well in The Sun fantasy team.

Runner up 2 seasons ago and champion last season (in my company), yeah.

I am thinking of including the following players this season, though I haven't properly studied everything :

Ben Forster / Steve Harper

Laurent Koscielny, Pablo Ibanez, Fabricio Colocinni

David Silva, Cesc Fabregas

Javier Hernandez, Mauro Boselli, Nikola Zigic

Why wouldn't you touch him with a shitty stick ?

Campbell has left, Gallas has left, Senderos has left. So there are only Vermaelen, Koscielny and Djourou in Arsenal. Koscielny is due to start regularly this season. Vermaelen earned me heftily last season but he is a bit expensive though this season.

Why wouldn't you touch him with a shitty stick ?

Campbell has left, Gallas has left, Senderos has left. So there are only Vermaelen, Koscielny and Djourou in Arsenal. Koscielny is due to start regularly this season. Vermaelen earned me heftily last season but he is a bit expensive though this season.

yeah he'll play games but for a FF team is he gonna keep clean sheets?  probably not

I guess this is where our approach differs then. I am more interested in the performance.

This aside, I don't think Arsenal are going to do any worse this season, defensively.

I guess this is where our approach differs then. I am more interested in the performance.

This aside, I don't think Arsenal are going to do any worse this season, defensively.

don't you get the most points in FF for clean sheets with defenders?  fair enough he might be a great individual defender and win the odd motm award and weight in with some goals but that's unlikely to yield as many points as clean sheets over a season is it...

It is not black and white.

Clean sheet matters, performance matters, goal matters, price matters, appearance matters etc. You have to find a balance. Different people have different approach.

You opined that you wouldn't want Koscielny

I asked you why

You cite the clean sheet factor

I explained that I have a different approach and I am more interested in performance

You insisted that cleansheet is more important

Not trying to get into an argument with you, I expanded my point and repeat again in a non-judgemental tone different people have different approaches

And now you are laughing at me stating the obvious, 2 posts late

?

Yes, the Sun Fantasy Team

I have worked out the secret to do well in The Sun fantasy team.

Runner up 2 seasons ago and champion last season (in my company), yeah.

I am thinking of including the following players this season, though I haven't properly studied everything :

Ben Forster / Steve Harper

Laurent Koscielny, Pablo Ibanez, Fabricio Colocinni

David Silva, Cesc Fabregas

Javier Hernandez, Mauro Boselli, Nikola Zigic

The South American football expert at the BBC expects Boselli to flop.

I've gone for Boselli as one of my fantasy bargains, could be a revelation or could be awful. At least he's cheap.

He will score if he gets chances but its whether he'll get those chances at Wigan. At Estudiantes he had the best midfield playmaker in South America playing behind him. Don't rate him massively personally but will be interesting none the less.

1. Whether Laurent Koscielny would be a success in Arsenal ? No idea

2. Whether Pablo Ibanez would be a success in Arsenal ? No idea

3. Whether David Silva will be the bomb in Manchester City ? If he can keep his form up from the end of the last season, then definitely. Might need time to settle though

4. Will Hernandez score ~15 goals in Manchester United ? If played regularly, I can see it happening

5. Will Mauro Boselli score ~ 15 goals in Wigan ? Don't know.

6. Will Nikola Zigic score ~ 15 goals in Birmingham ? No, will probably get around ten though.

7. Will Fabricio Coloccini be a success this season ? Not as good as last season, but better than last time in the Premier League.

8. Will Michael Dawson finally flourish consistently in Tottengham ? He did last season.