Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Have they? DIdn't you pay £8? :S they should have offered you Nevland.

£8.6m. Since then, transfer prices have gone crazy as well. I'd at least want our money back, not make a loss at a price that values him the same as Michael Chopra or Adebayor's left knee.

Ian Wright Wright Wright tells SWP to jog on out of Chelsea

Shame don't think we need him anymore. Maybe ship milner out and bring him in. Not too plussed though.

I still wouldn't say no to SWP tbh. Even now, just so long as we've got a couple other priority players in first.

Gutierrez is alledgedly just as good down the left as he is the right, and SWP is quality. Pushing Damien Duff further away from first team opportunities is essential too, seeing as we probably won't sell him.

But i'm talking dreamworld really.

Sounds like Crouch is on his way to Portsmouth - he'd rather go there than Spurs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1031979/Crouch-way-Pompeys--10m-bid-wins-day-dashes-Spurs-hopes.html

Peter Crouch finally landed his move to Portsmouth yesterday after the south coast club relented over his valuation and had a £10million bid accepted by Liverpool.

Throughout months of uncertainty over his future, the striker has insisted he would consider quitting Anfield only for Fratton Park, despite Tottenham offering £9m for him less than a fortnight ago.

His wish was granted when the two clubs struck an agreement last night over a deal that will be confirmed when the Football Association offices open on Monday morning.

Crouch was in jubilant mood after learning that Portsmouth had succeeded in a pursuit that was first revealed in Sportsmail earlier this year.

He made it clear he was prepared to run down the final year of his Liverpool contract rather than be forced into joining any other club, such was his determination to link up with Harry Redknapp and boost the ranks of England players at Fratton Park.

Portsmouth already have a quartet of England squad members in David James, Jermain Defoe, Glen Johnson and David Nugent. Crouch has long felt that more frequent starts under Redknapp would reinforce his standing at international level.

Liverpool will receive £8m up front and will waste little time putting it to good use.

They are close to sorting out the fine detail of Gareth Barry's protracted move from Aston Villa and are still exploring ways of prising £20m rated striker Robbie Keane away from Tottenham.

With Juventus expected to meet the £15m price tag on Xabi Alonso, they could soon have the funds needed to launch another bid for Keane.

Yossi Benayoun has turned down the chance of a move to Ajax and told boss Rafa Benitez he wants to fight for his place at Liverpool.

Ajax chiefs were given permission to speak with Benayoun's representatives after registering their interest with Liverpool, as revealed in Sportsmail.

But despite the prospect of linking up again with one of his former coaches, Danny Blind, and interest from Tottenham and Portsmouth, the Israel midfielder has made it clear he intends staying at Anfield.

"£20m-rated Robbie Keane"!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gonna say it again - liverpools transfer targets!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But still quite possibly will happen.  A near identical situation to Carrick's move.

Carrick's head turned by Man Utd, the only team he would leave Spurs for etc....

Levy agreed he could leave if the right offer came in.  Man Utd originally offered Wes Brown plus £3m,turned down, but the right offer, £18.6m. eventually came in, Carrick left.

Keane's head turned by Liverpool, the team he supported as a boy, the only team he would leave Spurs for etc....

Levy agreed he could leave if the right offer came in. Liverpool offered swap with Crouch, turned down. Then Crouch plus £3m, turned down.  Liverpool and Spurs are still talking, I think Keane will go.

Funny how just about no-one mentions this utter failure.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=764266

Ivanovic Set To Net Profit For Chelsea

Branislav Ivanovic is set to net Chelsea a £3 million profit by moving to Juventus, according to the Daily Mirror.

The Serbian defender has yet to feature in the Chelsea first team, despite having joined the club for £9 million from Lokomotiv Moskow in January.

The 24-year-old chose to move to Stamford Bridge in spite of interest from Milan, Inter, Juventus and Manchester United. However, in his first six months at the club, Ivanovic has played only for the reserve side.

Ivanovic was lacking match practice in January, Russia’s off season, and has subsequently failed to dislodge John Terry Ricardo Carvalho or Alex from the first team reckoning.

Despite his lack of football, Ivanovic is the subject of renewed interest from Claudio Ranieri’s side, who is said to be preparing to test the resolve of his former team with a £12 million bid for the Serbian.

Juventus have already completed the signings of two defenders this summer; Olof Mellberg has arrived from Aston Villa and Dario Knezevic has left relegated Livorno in order to link up with Ranieri’s side.

Keane isn't worth 20m, however he's been underrated over the last few years, I think he's dragged Spurs along for quite a few of them especially in the earlier days of his time with Spurs.

Wouldn't argue with any of that.

Guest Deep456

My friend in Spain heard a rumour that we are close to the Aimar deal and apparently we are signing De la Red.

De la Red's full surname is De la Red Gutierrez.

And another interesting fact according to Wiki is

It has been noted in some sections of the media that De La Red has a substandard hair cut.

Guest Deep456

My friend in Spain heard a rumour that we are close to the Aimar deal and apparently we are signing De la Red.

you friend MaetihS?

I don't get it. My friend lives in Spain in Madrid.