Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Almunia is terrible. Hart and Green are way ahead, as is Ben Foster.

Agree with Hart and Green but not Foster. He's very error prone, erratic and nervous when run at. That Carling Cup final is all he's been holding on to.

Pretty good summary.

Thing is Almunia is much better than Green, it's just the errors that somehow seep into Almunia's game through pressure can't be ignored.

We are in talks with Bremen regarding Özil, although Guardiola will make a decision once he gets back from China. He seems to prefer just to use our youngsters and wait on Cesc.

Özil looked a bit unconsistant in the WC, but I liked his pace and energy. When you take Messi out of the side we are quite one-paced sometimes.

Guest orang

Arteta has signed a 5 yr deal  :smitten:

Fabulous player. I'd have absolutely no reservations about Arteta being part of an England overhaul.

Controversial (Parky, don't kill me), but I'm throwing that one out there.

I thought his Spain U21 caps meant this cannot happen?

I don't think Özil will join ManU. Yesterday in the TV, the Bremen manager said he would stay.

But even if he joined them, I don't think he's that good tbh. He was good at the world cup whenever Germany played well. Against Australia, Argentina and England. In the difficult matches against Serbia, Ghana (where he scored that brilliant goal) and against Spain he hardly showed any extra class.

Its alright Ozil saying he'll run down his contract but surely Bremen will want a fee for him.

They might still have some hope of him signing a new contract.

Aye but surely the very fact he wants to run down his contract shows his intention to leave? You probably have a better idea though, do Bremen have any hope of talking him into staying?

Manure have for me been the better team in that half, deserve the half time lead, but there are some encouraging signs for us, both full backs look decidedly average and since our wide men are our primary threat that's good, Owen looks like he looked for us, disinterested and extremely slow in thought, Scholes looks a year older and his lack of pace could be an issue if he's first choice for Manure all season, not that we have anyone who can exploit that in the middle.

They'll still tank us no doubt though, with Rooney and Owen both getting hatricks.

Think a lot of teams will try to exploit John Terry's lack of pace this season too, he was at fault on the goal.

Manure have for me been the better team in that half, deserve the half time lead, but there are some encouraging signs for us, both full backs look decidedly average and since our wide men are our primary threat that's good, Owen looks like he looked for us, disinterested and extremely slow in thought, Scholes looks a year older and his lack of pace could be an issue if he's first choice for Manure all season, not that we have anyone who can exploit that in the middle.

They'll still tank us no doubt though, with Rooney and Owen both getting hatricks.

Think a lot of teams will try to exploit John Terry's lack of pace this season too, he was at fault on the goal.

Wrong thread?

Wrong thread?

LOL just realised :)

Its alright Ozil saying he'll run down his contract but surely Bremen will want a fee for him.

They might still have some hope of him signing a new contract.

Aye but surely the very fact he wants to run down his contract shows his intention to leave? You probably have a better idea though, do they have any hope of talking him into it?

I don't know if they have any hope tbh. But they must have some hope if they won't sell him, simple as that.

You never know what happens in football. One bad year of Özil now and his World Cup is forgotten and those Barca, ManUtd and Real Madrid rumors would be dead.