Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Apparently, the full deal is

16.5m + Add ons to take it to 19m + Ireland, with Ireland valued at 10m.

and City are paying him 1.5m to leave.

Madness. I just don't get City, they get fixated on players and must, simply must, have them, without that much regard to the long term investment on the players and what they're going to do with them.

In the last 12 months, we'll have had (assuming add ons come in as above) 26m plus Richard Dunne plus Stephen Ireland from them, in return for Barry and Milner. That's good business, I don't care how it looks to sell players to them two years running, look at what Barry was like the last 12 months, and tell me that's anything other than good business.

Where else would you invest the money in an ideal world, brummie? Would you look to get one quality player with the money or do you need to add depth to the squad?

Personally, I'd go and spend a bit on Flamini, and a lot on a striker.

You might actually buy some players from outside of these shores now.

I know.

If MON was still here, I would bet everything I own - everything - on him trying to buy McGeady and Jenas with that money.

Guest kingdawson

I know.

If MON was still here, I would bet everything I own - everything - on him trying to buy McGeady and Jenas with that money.

Not to mention the cartwheeling gimp.

I know.

Lua Lua?

I know.

I'd have put up with that one, actually.

Is he really that past it?

Guest kingdawson

I know.

Lua Lua?

Nah, the other one that loves 7687698769 clubs.

I know.

Lua Lua?

Steve Claridge?

I know.

Lua Lua?

Steve Claridge?

The only thing that Steve Claridge loves is not looking into the camera when talking on the TV.

Guest kingdawson

I know.

I'd have put up with that one, actually.

Is he really that past it?

Last season he was a steaming load of garbage. He's absolutely rubbish when he plays deep but pretty good playing as the furthest forward. Tbh he's been excellent in pre season but i don't like Keane the man...not Keane the footballer (even though i don't think he's that good a footballer either).

Also, why has he ended his International career when he is only 23 ??? is it just because he is slightly mental?

long story starting with his gf having a miscarriage (i think) and him lying about grandmothers deaths to get out of irish squad to spend time with her (tbf he probably wasnt thinking straight at the time)

since then hes professed little interest in playing for ireland preferring to train and spend time with family despite being asked more than once