Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Strikers are all about partnerships and IMO Crouch and Defoe looks like the makings of a really good one.  Heskey isn't great but Heskey paired with Owen saw both players playing arguably their best football.

Portsmouth are building one hell of a squad down there for a club of their size.

Their wage to revenue ratio must be 80% at least now and its likely they'll get a couple more bigger name players in too I would've thought plus with a new stadium to build Gaydamak is really putting his money where his mouth is so to be speak.

Portsmouth are building one hell of a squad down there for a club of their size.

Their wage to revenue ratio must be 80% at least now and its likely they'll get a couple more bigger name players in too I would've thought plus with a new stadium to build Gaydamak is really putting his money where his mouth is so to be speak.

Must be nice.

Jol, have you heard anything about Tommy Forecast signing for Southampton or is your cat's builder only notified about first-team comings and goings?

There was talk a while ago that Forecast and Joe Martin were Southampton targets but not seen or heard anything since.  IIRC, they were being touted for season long loans but Joe Martin (Alvin's boy) was sold last week to Blackpool.   TF from what I've seen of him has decent potential but not great, maybe Championship standard.  I think David Button, the England u19 keeper has far more potential than Forecast, but that's not saying he'd necessarily make Premiership quality either.

I'm hearing that Forecast will be signing for Southampton this week.

Confirmed.  :aww:

Jol, have you heard anything about Tommy Forecast signing for Southampton or is your cat's builder only notified about first-team comings and goings?

There was talk a while ago that Forecast and Joe Martin were Southampton targets but not seen or heard anything since.  IIRC, they were being touted for season long loans but Joe Martin (Alvin's boy) was sold last week to Blackpool.  TF from what I've seen of him has decent potential but not great, maybe Championship standard.  I think David Button, the England u19 keeper has far more potential than Forecast, but that's not saying he'd necessarily make Premiership quality either.

GG is officially ITK.  :razz:

There was talk a while ago that Forecast and Joe Martin were Southampton targets but not seen or heard anything since.  IIRC, they were being touted for season long loans but Joe Martin (Alvin's boy) was sold last week to Blackpool.  TF from what I've seen of him has decent potential but not great, maybe Championship standard.  I think David Button, the England u19 keeper has far more potential than Forecast, but that's not saying he'd necessarily make Premiership quality either.

:clap: :clap: O0

Wish him well for the future.

Gossip from Spurs training ground.........

Bale and King fully fit  (for the time being)

Tainio on his way

Gardner on his way when Stoke offers a salary that he can live with

Diego Capel not coming so Lennon stays

Keane staying, Liverpool won't offer £20m.  Keane is ok with that.

Berbatov got the arsehole because no acceptable bid for him as yet.

Gomes is at the training ground so seems like the work permit has come through.

Gio settling in well and is impressing

Bentley hoping to be completed by Thursday

Tainio on his way

Quite interesting...for any Spud! :-)

Tainio on his way

mackems.gif

Yeah right

There was talk a while ago that Forecast and Joe Martin were Southampton targets but not seen or heard anything since.  IIRC, they were being touted for season long loans but Joe Martin (Alvin's boy) was sold last week to Blackpool.   TF from what I've seen of him has decent potential but not great, maybe Championship standard.  I think David Button, the England u19 keeper has far more potential than Forecast, but that's not saying he'd necessarily make Premiership quality either.

:clap: :clap: O0

Wish him well for the future.

From what I've been told this morning, he'll probably be first-choice 'keeper if they don't bag Richard Wright. Which is a likely situation.

Is there a club with officials that blab to friends and family more than those at Spurs? It's fucking laughable how many of their fans seem to know snippets of information.

Spurs = amateurs iyam.

Tainio on his way

mackems.gif

Guest icemanblue

I wonder what all these Spurs fans will do when Bentley signs for Villa to replace Barry ...

Make up something else, instead?

Guest kingdawson

I wonder what all these Spurs fans will do when Bentley signs for Villa to replace Barry ...

Yeh beacuse replacing Barry with Bentley is like for like.

FFS when are we getting a Dm.

Guest kingdawson

From the pics, it does look like Gio is getting on well with the rest of the squad.

They're hardly going to kick the s*** out of him really though are they?

Or he could just be hanging by himself..

Yep like for like ... one expensive England international midfielder for another. Using the Barry money to fund the deal while Spurs fumble around trying to pay off the fee in installments.

Bentley on the right and then Sidwell in later to play in the middle with Reo-Coker.

Then what Spurs? Then what?

Hopefully never.

Guest kingdawson

Yep like for like ... one expensive England international midfielder for another. Using the Barry money to fund the deal while Spurs fumble around trying to pay off the fee in installments.

Bentley on the right and then Sidwell in later to play in the middle with Reo-Coker.

Then what Spurs? Then what?

Cant say im that scared tbh. Bentley would be an excellent signing but a DM is a necessity.

Van der Vaart doesn't like Spurs. Good man.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=767273

Van Der Vaart Says No To Spurs

Hamburg playmaker Rafael Van Der Vaart has moved to dispel rumours linking him with a move to Tottenham Hotspur by stating that the London outfit are ‘not the club’ for him.

The Dutch international is one of the most coveted players of the summer transfer window, with clubs across Europe allegedly fighting for his signature.

Tottenham were one of the clubs with mooted interest, but Van Der Vaart insists that he has no intention of moving to White Hart Lane.

He told Sportsweek: "The interest has been there for some time already, but they (Tottenham) are not the club I want to go to. Tottenham are not a club I want to swap Hamburg for.

The 25-year-old has yet to extend his HSV deal, but sees his immediate future with the Bundesliga side. Van Der Vaart stated his willingness to remain at the Nordbank Arena, and said that he would move only to a club of his preference. He added that Hamburg have yet to receive such an approach.

With compatriot Martin Jol installed as the club’s new coach, Van Der Vaart sees ‘no reason to leave.’

He continued: "The chance that I will stay at HSV is really big. As long as no team comes by which makes me immediately excited, I see no reason to leave. And so far none of those clubs have called us."