Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Besiktas stacking up on Portuguese, Fernandes and Hugo Almeida join Simao as January signings for them.

Marca reporting that Real Madrid have asked Dortmund about Lucas Barrios.

Benzema on his way out then?

I'd guess he considering Mourinho compared him like hunting with a cat instead of a dog, at least you are not on your own.  :lol:

I rate Manuel Fernandes, but Emery is a weird animal. He's a bit MONesque in regard that if you get in his naughty list, you won't see much on the pitch.

As for under the radar La Liga strikers... Nelson Valdez, I'd say. Osvaldo is also doing well for Espanyol, despite their ultradefensive setup, he's been a danger and has a great sense for finding space. Not sure either are good enough for where you want to go though. Trezeguet is also doing wonderfully well, but he's old and I guess he couldn't cope in a more physical league.

Guest kingdawson

hmmmm any chance of us signing Forlan or Fabiano? Fabiano hasn't really been a first team regular until recently has he?

Forlan i'd prefer but with Atletico selling Simao it might be less likely.

hmmmm any chance of us signing Forlan or Fabiano? Fabiano hasn't really been a first team regular until recently has he?

Forlan i'd prefer but with Atletico selling Simao it might be less likely.

If you're looking for a patch until June, you could, but I really wouldn't go around signing 30+ year old strikers, with both currently having not very good seasons. Atlético are monumentally broke, if you offered money for Forlán they would sell. He's 31 and at some point they have to cash in.

Nilmar or Rossi would be better punts. Villarreal are hardly awash with money (they are the size of a Wigan afterall) and Rossi has been making sounds of wanting to jump a level.

Fabregash, know anything about Kerrea Gilbert? Apparently the Timbers have just signed him and he came from Arsenal.

Aye, he played a few times for us in the last season at Highbury and he looked REALLY good, i thought he'd be a big player for us in the future, since then he's been out on loan loads and apparently his attitude stinks and if he's not playing for Arsenal, he can't be arsed. Poor deal for anybody who can't control him, if they can, class signing!

Was released and recently had a trial at Sheffield United but didn't get offered a deal.

Besiktas stacking up on Portuguese, Fernandes and Hugo Almeida join Simao as January signings for them.

Marca reporting that Real Madrid have asked Dortmund about Lucas Barrios.

Got Besiktas at 50/1 to win the Europa League a while back.

Fabregash, know anything about Kerrea Gilbert?  Apparently the Timbers have just signed him and he came from Arsenal.

Aye, he played a few times for us in the last season at Highbury and he looked REALLY good, i thought he'd be a big player for us in the future, since then he's been out on loan loads and apparently his attitude stinks and if he's not playing for Arsenal, he can't be arsed. Poor deal for anybody who can't control him, if they can, class signing!

Was released and recently had a trial at Sheffield United but didn't get offered a deal.

Thanks dude, sounds a bit iffy but maybe he came to MLS to get his head straight (doubt it).

Guest Heneage

Besiktas for league title, eeeasy. Quaresma and Guti are a few steps ahead o f what's there now, the new lads will only push them on.

Fabregash, know anything about Kerrea Gilbert?  Apparently the Timbers have just signed him and he came from Arsenal.

Thanks dude, sounds a bit iffy but maybe he came to MLS to get his head straight (doubt it).

I imagine it will just add to his arrogance, shame really when talent like himself goes to waste.

Besiktas for league title, eeeasy. Quaresma and Guti are a few steps ahead o f what's there now, the new lads will only push them on.

You'll get good odds (12/1 on pp) as they're 12 points off the pace at the moment down in 5th.

Guest Heneage

They're doing fairly s*** actually.

Quaresma's been unlucky with injuries [FANBOY]. But he's still shown when fit he's a damn sight better than what they have.

Guti's been a little pisshead, fighting folk in the street.

Guest Stephen927

With the way they go through players, Silva would probably be benched or headed back to Spain. I tend to avoid City games but the few I've seen Silva has been playing on the wing.

Man City do have 1st dibs on Neymar.  Was part of the deal that sent Robinho on loan last year.  Also cannot see Man U making any major signings in Jan as just not SAF's style.  They have never made signings of any note in January.  One rumour i did hear was Ireland and Richard Dunne to Sunderland

However good he is I think he would still struggle in the Prem (relatively, i.e. he'd still be good but a bit 'wasted' if you get me). Especially if they still play 3 DMs.

He would be amazing in the Premier League man, he's like Fabregas X 10.

I would rather Cesc tbh