Other clubs' transfers

Dave

What was the regular starting line-up for Pompey last season? Was it Defoe/Kanu/Utaka in a 4-3-3? If so then it makes sense replacing Kanu with Crouch.

(Not that Crouch has anywhere near the technique and close control Kanu has)

What was the regular starting line-up for Pompey last season? Was it Defoe/Kanu/Utaka in a 4-3-3? If so then it makes sense replacing Kanu with Crouch.

(Not that Crouch has anywhere near the technique and close control Kanu has)

Similar in other respects i.e. tall but shite in the air.

I didn't see anyone ever even suggesting him as a potential signing for us. He'd never come to us with the clubs that he has been linked to.

And he is not off to Real Madrid, he might be, that is all. Stop posting rumour as fact (unless you have a decent source that you're actually willing to share). More or less depends on what happens with Ronaldo as far as I can tell.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=53565.msg1361915#msg1361915

And there were a canny few more..

Rangers are closing in on Watford centre-back Danny Shittu after having an increased bid accepted by the Hornets. (Various)

Replacing Cuellar?

We're going to make a loss on him by all accounts, as QPR take 10%, I bloody hope we get some Scottish talent that's been wasted at Rangers in exchange.

Guest kingdawson

Skysports.com can confirm that Sunderland are in talks to sign Romanian star Dorin Goian.

The Black Cats have made their move for Steaua Bucharest stopper, who impressed throughout Euro 2008.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants to bolster his defensive options and Goian has emerged as one of his top targets.

The North East club made an offer earlier this week and look to be close to striking a deal.

Sunderland have bid around £2.5million, which does fall short of Steaua's valuation, as they want more than £3million.

However, sources close to the player have told skysports.com that a deal is very close and the 27-year-old central defender is eager to move to England.

Sunderland and Keane hope a deal can be concluded over the weekend as they look to seal their first signing of the summer.

Was very good at Euro 2008

Superb infact.

Guest kingdawson

Jol I thought Bentley was signing for you bums yesterday?!

Why do you insist on embarrassing yourself this way?

Bentley will sign for Villa shortly.

Says the guy that constantly claimed that Kewell would sign for us.

Just woke up and finally, Samir Nasri is official!

http://www.arsenal.com/images/n/nasri_samir2.jpg

Hleb will be soon as well!

Don't forget Adebayor and Gilberto.

:lol:

Arsene Knows

Guest kingdawson

Honestly though Ash, who would be the replacements if these players leave you? I mean..

Hleb out - Nasri in

Adebayor out - who in?

You also need a dm to replace Flamini and Gilbertos departure.

Think the Gunners will be in trouble up front unless they sign a couple of top players, I would be very surprised to see Adebayor leave unless a quality replacement is lined up.

Although Arsene might just sign another couple of attacking midfielders...

PS How is Diaby shaping up for the CM spot? I've got him on Pro Evo, rock in the center of the park!

Well, Mr Wenger seemed adamant that he wouldn't be getting rid of Adebayor, but i just think if a rediculous offer comes in, hes a money man. I think if he gets the £35m he is bartering for he will be able probably (hopefully) find a replacement just as good for £20m. I dont think Gilberto will go and im hoping for a new DM because Gilberto seemed to have lost it last season. Wenger hopefully wont try and use Diaby there, i dont think he is up to that.

LW: Rosicky, Nasri, Vela

RW: Walcott, Eboue, Nasri, Hleb

S: Van Persie, Walcott, Vela, Eduardo, Bendtner, Adebayor

I'd be happy if we had that striking force, plus a new RW'er at the beginning of the season, because frankly Eboue is awful.

Hopefully, hopefully Adebayor stays, but i think if £30/£35m frankly, bite anyones hand off. Arsene can find a replacement.

Edit: I shit myself when Overmars left, Vieira left, Henry left. It turned out alright! Neally won the league without Henry (and had a player who scored just as many as Henry could and we never thought would have stepped up), Champions league first season without Vieira and Overmars we finished runners up? in the league after he and Petit left.

I just have faith :)

Edit, Edit: Can Song play DM next season? Two seasons ago when he almost single handedly lost us games against i think Sheff Utd and Fulham i thought he was Wengers worst signing ever, but ACN and back end of last season, he impressed me hugely!

I think Diabi and Denilson will get more games in the center of the park for Arsenal. I really rate Denilson, so let's see how he does this season.

Probably shouldn't have sold Diarra considering Flamini's and Gilberto's situation.

PS How is Diaby shaping up for the CM spot? I've got him on Pro Evo, rock in the center of the park!

Hes being wasted imo being played at LW, although he scored (was it twice or once?) against you from that spot. He showed real promise when he first came and played a bit of centre mid, i dont mind him behind the striker in the 4-5-1 but hes not going to beat Fabregas for that spot and i dont know if he can mark, tackle and distrubt the opposition enough to play the flamini role!

I think Diabi and Denilson will get more games in the center of the park for Arsenal. I really rate Denilson, so let's see how he does this season.

Probably shouldn't have sold Diarra considering Flamini's and Gilberto's situation.

I really, REALLY rate Denilson i think in two seasons Fabregas will be fed up of England and like he says, will want to eventually go to Madrid and Denilson should be his replacement.

Diarra was too impacient, if he wants to go, Arsene Wenger doesnt stop players leaving who want to.

This is a bit rich coming from you isn't it?  :lol:

You and your serial transfer window bunglers.

Why didn't Bentley sign yesterday? Capel? Eto'o? Dunne? Poulsen? Where are they?

Get real. You and your sorry non DM having club. Your pants.

Guest kingdawson

Why didn't Bentley sign yesterday? Capel? Eto'o? Dunne? Poulsen? Where are they?

Sorry can you tell me one time i said a player will sign for us or when i ever claimed to be itk? stop making things up please.

Sorry can you tell me one time i said a player will sign for us or when i ever claimed to be itk? stop making things up please.

Weren't you the one on here posting some random info about Bentley's flight details via Manchester?

How weird was that? I mean that's just not your regular everyday itk nonsense! That is some next level unhealthy obsession stuff!

Weren't you the one on here posting some random info about Bentley's flight details via Manchester?

How weird was that? I mean that's just not your regular everyday itk nonsense! That is some next level unhealthy obsession stuff!

Kingdawson is alreet. He doesn't do the ITK bollocks. That's all Martin Jol.

Get on msn together boys  :shepherd:

No need.

So Ash ... do you think these Spurs fans have just happened to forget that their new hero Bentley was raised at Arsenal? Must be nice to know they are so eager to make a nice little contribution to your funds this summer eh?

Shame he will go to Villa though.