Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Anyone thinking they'll make much money of a Beckham loan is wrong. The club want £1.5m to loan him for 9 weeks, while you'll have to pay his basic wages of £100k a week and Beckham holds all his image rights and will want a decent % of any merchandise sold due to his arrival.

Even at £50 a pop for a top and lettering you'd need to sell 48,000 to break even not including costs of making them in the first place. Basically every Sunderland fan would have to buy one, which simply won't happen.

Steve Bruces confirms he has spoken with David Beckham and is interested in signing him. :kasper:

why do i get the feeling it has less to do with half the managers in the league wanting beckham and more to do with accountants counting the amount of beckham shirts that could be sold and other money making chances using beckham

Aye thats about the jist of it,whatever club gets him will make some serious cash on the commercial side.

Do you really think that so many people would buy a Beckham shirt? He'd be at their club only for 3 months or so.

I don't think Spurs going after Beckham has much to do with shirts.  AEG is one of Beckham's sponsors, they are the main investors in LA Galaxy and they are also Spurs' partners in their bid to take over the Olympic stadium.  As taking the Olympic site is about £150m cheaper than redeveloping WHL, I think getting Beckham is more about getting  that done than time on the pitch/selling shirts/raising the club's profile/being a presence on the training ground.

Don't know what the other clubs reasoning would be but they are my thoughts on Spurs' reasoning.

Guest Heneage

Anyone thinking they'll make much money of a Beckham loan is wrong. The club want £1.5m to loan him for 9 weeks, while you'll have to pay his basic wages of £100k a week and Beckham holds all his image rights and will want a decent % of any merchandise sold due to his arrival.

Even at £50 a pop for a top and lettering you'd need to sell 48,000 to break even not including costs of making them in the first place. Basically every Sunderland fan would have to buy one, which simply won't happen.

What about fans abroad who look to buy/collect his shirts?

What about fans abroad who look to buy/collect his shirts?

They usually buy fakes with no money going to the club or him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:mackems:

AC Milan deny receiving any offers from Blackburn for Ronaldhino!  :lol: Christ, I love these Blackburn owners.

A.C. Milan reportedly bidding 1.5 million euro for Kevin Constant. A player we were heavily linked with some time ago.

Always the same story with him.

Was shit in Waterworld.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought he'd typed that. :lol:

Blackburn's owners seem absolutely clueless to me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9336036.stm

Rovers became the first Indian-owned Premier League club when a trust set up by the late former owner Jack Walker to own the club sold its 99.9% holding to the newly formed company Venky's London Limited.

And Desai added: "The impression is I've never watched a football match. I've not watched in a stadium but I have been watching the World Cup in India.

"I have watched hundreds of cricket matches but not live - it's all on TV. To say I don't have any knowledge would be wrong. I am a good listener.

How can you doubt them  :mackems:

Rovers became the first Indian-owned Premier League club when a trust set up by the late former owner Jack Walker to own the club sold its 99.9% holding to the newly formed company Venky's London Limited.

And Desai added: "The impression is I've never watched a football match. I've not watched in a stadium but I have been watching the World Cup in India.

"I have watched hundreds of cricket matches but not live - it's all on TV. To say I don't have any knowledge would be wrong. I am a good listener.

:facepalm: fookin clueless alright

The SSN's interview is hilarious, caged exotic birds squawking in the background with her desperately trying to sound like she knows what she's on about.

The SSN's interview is hilarious, caged exotic birds squawking in the background with her desperately trying to sound like she knows what she's on about.

:mackems:

Happy... with... Ashley...  :lol: