Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He sounds quite versatile from the looks of it.

Reminds me of a local lad - leftback/winger turned striker sold for big money...  :shifty:

Who you talking about? It's not Carroll is it? I could have sworn he was a CB before getting moved upfront...

He sounds quite versatile from the looks of it.

Reminds me of a local lad - leftback/winger turned striker sold for big money...  :shifty:

Who you talking about? It's not Carroll is it? I could have sworn he was a CB before getting moved upfront...

Carroll it is.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/News/Features/0,,10278~2223121,00.html

Fair enough, my mistake. :thup: Dunno where I got the idea he was a CB from. Was it Taylor that was moved from CF to CB? Maybe it was that.

Marca linking Real Madrid with former youth prospects Callejón (they have a low buyback clause for him, I suppose they want to do a Negredo-type business for profit) and Borja Valero (who is the kind of player they need, imho, since Xabi Alonso is the only one that can direct play in their squad).

Atlético linked with a move for Erik Lamela, apparently had a €18m bid refused. Is he as good as the hype?

Potentially brilliant although he isn't worth anywhere near €18m IMO. He'd be daft to move so early too.

With Salvio last year and possibly Lamela Atlético seem to be trying to use the Agüero transfer as a template - which was a huge success. Buy hot Argentine starlet before he develops enough for the true big guns to notice. Argentine players seem to do way better if they move early, in my opinion, gets them used to the pace in European football.

Madrid is a very argie-friendly city too. Same language, big Argentine community, and tons of daily flights to Buenos Aires.

With Salvio last year and possibly Lamela Atlético seem to be trying to use the Agüero transfer as a template - which was a huge success. Buy hot Argentine starlet before he develops enough for the true big guns to notice. Argentine players seem to do way better if they move early, in my opinion, gets them used to the pace in European football.

Madrid is a very argie-friendly city too. Same language, big Argentine community, and tons of daily flights to Buenos Aires.

I was thinking more in game time reasons but I guess they can send him out on loan like Salvio.

Marlon Harewood has signed for Barnsley (on loan)

I thought he was playing quite well at Blackpool.

They've Beattie and Kornilenko so don't need him anymore although they're not exactly better than Harewood.

Marlon Harewood has signed for Barnsley (on loan)

I thought he was playing quite well at Blackpool.

They've Beattie and Kornilenko so don't need him anymore although they're not exactly better than Harewood.

I think it's a stupid loan move. He must be their 2nd highest scorer (3rd if you count Adam who takes all the pens)

Barcelona chairman Sandro Rosell says Arsenal were "immoral" to poach their youth player Jon Toral: "We don't like it that clubs come in with offers of money just before boys turn 16. There are two philosophies: ours is to invest in [our academy] and the other is to fish all over Europe for kids like Arsenal do. It's legal, but a little immoral."

• 2004: Bayer Leverkusen say Barcelona were "immoral" for poaching 12-year-old Dennis Krol from their youth team. Leverkusen said Barça made the boy "tempting offers" and paid his father €7,000 a month. "We're talking about small boys - this crosses the line of all ethics and morals."

Other boy fishing highlights:

• 2004: The father of a 12-year-old in River Plate's youth system says Barcelona offered him and his wife €120,000 a year for four years to move with the boy to Spain.

• 2005: Australian papers react badly after Barcelona take a six-year-old on trial. A coaching source tells the media: "Next they'll be taking toddlers. This is hot-housing: young boys should be left alone."

• 2010: Arsenal's Benik Afobe, 17, signs a professional deal at the club, revealing he'd rejected an approach from Barcelona when he was in Arsenal's youth team: "They spoke to my dad. I was flattered.

That's a pretty light pedigree compared to most big clubs in the world (the six-year old thing isn't poaching at all, their parents approached us for the trial). Also the crux of the fact here is they are exploiting a loophole that makes Spanish clubs defenseless.

Wasn't actually Lamela the Argie in question?

That's a pretty light pedigree compared to most big clubs in the world (the six-year old thing isn't poaching at all, their parents approached us for the trial). Also the crux of the fact here is they are exploiting a loophole that makes Spanish clubs defenseless.

Wasn't actually Lamela the Argie in question?

Yeah I think so.