Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Has Kaka given up on football like all nearly 30 year old Brazilians?

He's been injured for like forever. Lost his pace, but is still a good player. Would never work out in the PL though, and should move to Italy if he's to go anywhere. Has scored 7 in 12 this season though, which is quite good, not Ronaldo or Messi good obviously.

I was at the Mestalla and watched Kaka tear apart a in-form Valencia tot bits.

When he's injury free and in a mood he can still tear apart most teams in the world tbh

Him, Higuain and Benzema all looked like Messi that day didn't they? That 2nd Kaka goal was beautiful too.

Kaká seems to have a game where he seems to be back, followed by a bunch of anonymous performances, to be frank. He followed that Valencia performance with the defeat at Zaragoza and being completely invisible in the second leg of the CL.

Goal.com saying Bayern are on the verge to agree a €18m fee rising to €25m for Neuer. That's utter crazy money for a goalie.

Not to mention him going into the last year of his contract. Guess the rival interest from clubs like Man U are getting Bayern desperate.

Top keeper deserving of commanding a huge fee though. 25 this year so he can easily play on for another 10-15 years.

Apart from the Buffon deal I really can't recall this kind of money being splashed for a keeper. If you go and look most top teams got their keepers either for free or pretty cheap.

Valdés: 0

Casillas: 0

Van der Sar: 2m

Cech: 7m

Julio Cesar: 2,5m

There's actually quite a bit of good keepers out there, and you essentially only need one.

It's the way valuations are perceived. I remember reading as part of Lyon's transfer policy strikers will always be the most expensive while keepers will give you the most bang for buck. Any top club with an inch of foresight will spend what is necessary to get a great keeper though. Having one solves a tricky position for a decade or more by virtue of it being a less physically-demanding role and the experience that comes with those years of playing. You'll also hardly ever lose the services of a GK as compared to an outfield player.

I think Fergie has learnt big from his past mistakes and will splash on a keeper this summer.

Valdes and Casillas were from the youth systems though? Van der Sar was in his 30s and Fulham must have thought his career wouldn't last much longer. Too bad it turned out to be a bargain for Fergie. :lol: Fair enough for Cech but Julio Cesar had only a couple of good seasons and he has decline sharply after the WC.

Valdes and Casillas were from the youth systems though? Van der Sar was in his 30s and Fulham must have thought his career wouldn't last much longer. Too bad it turned out to be a bargain for Fergie. :lol: Fair enough for Cech but Julio Cesar had only a couple of good seasons and he has decline sharply after the WC.

:lol: That last part. Admit it, you only saw Cesars game against Holland and Bayern this season?

Declined, he's made couple mistake unfortunately in those important matches, but even then he was very good for the rest part. Saved plenty of one on ones against Bayern. Inters defence has been bad due to Leonardos all offensive tactics and the only reason why they're second this season if because Julio has made some spectacular saves. To say he's declined is daft.

He's won the CL, the World Club Championship, he's won the league couple of times. It's not a couple of seasons. Julio Cesar is a very good goalkeeper still.

EDIT: This is serious, not me trying to defend someone indefensible like Gomes  O0

Yes, they were. Was just looking at who's keeping goal for the perceived best teams of the moment. Also, don't want to hit a sore spot but... how much did you get from moneybags ManCity for Given? I rest my case (I'll give you he was old, though)

Talk smack of a Brazilian player and Felipao91 appears. It's like a summoning ritual. :thup:

Aye, except sometimes I'm not serious. This time on the other hand, f*** me. It's like saying to you that CRonaldo is better than Messi, you'd probably cut yourself.  :razz:

I knew you will come in here. :lol:

He didn't do too well in the WC did he? And many people can tell you he isn't as good as he used to be. By that definition, that's decline. Besides what has medals got to do with his performances? Muntari has won the CL since he moved to Inter so that makes him a better player than his time in England?  :laugh:

Yes, they were. Was just looking at who's keeping goal for the perceived best teams of the moment. Also, don't want to hit a sore spot but... how much did you get from moneybags ManCity for Given? I rest my case (I'll give you he was old, though)

I think it's around 6m. Should have robbed the c***ts for much more though considering the inflation that goes with Man City.

I knew you will come in here. :lol:

He didn't do too well in the WC did he? And many people can tell you he isn't as good as he used to be. By that definition, that's decline. Besides what has medals got to do with his performances? Muntari has won the CL since he moved to Inter so that makes him a better player than his time in England?  :laugh:

Julio Cesar has been very good for Inter this season. He's still one of the very best.

It is a point like. Would like to see one or two of them move to England see what they can do. They literally can't do any more than they've already achieved there, might as well go to City or something and earn mental money trying to do it there too.

Really can't see it happening. He's vice-captain and pretty much our football ambassador, he really enjoys what we do and says so at every opportunity.

Also would be a strange signing for City, he would need quite some time to develop the understanding he has with the Barça players and at his age would offer little to City.

More like a forward that can play in the wing. Pretty much what Pedro/Villa do. Also a CB or two. If there's enough money (doubtful) get Cesc to ready him as Xavi's understudy.

We've been linked to a crapload of players, nothing solid so far.