Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 05/05/08 - post match reaction from page 13

James

Ah well. Had a decent go - particularly first half.

Chelsea stepped it up, but we went into this very narrow formation with no out ball, no width and our discipline of the first half just went out the window.

Guest Harry-Norway

Enrique best player??????????? are you blind,First to sell this summer is Smith and Enrique,both bad players

If Smith ever has to play for us again, it should be under strict orders never to come back into his own half. I wonder how many goals we have conceded this season down to him giving it away, not marking or conceding free kicks.

Guest LucaAltieri

Enrique best player??????????? are you blind,First to sell this summer is Smith and Enrique,both bad players

Numpty.

Nowt to be ashamed of lads, be nice to score, but I think we've done alright so far. 

:thup:

I saw the cloud, I see the silver: Last time Smith plays at SJP?

So who suggested taking Viduka off for Smith?

That's worked out well hasn't it!

It's so clear that Newcastle's structure and movement are much better with Viduka up forward as a target.  Yes he may be slow, and yes not all of his passes are perfect, but he is a giant anchor at the top of our formation who provides a target to get the ball forward to whilst the rest of the team runs forward to get in to position to create an attacking move.

I think anyone who still argues that bringing Smith on in place of Viduka was the right move is a few matches short of a matchbox!

Was never a free-kick for the first, however can't excuse the marking. Lost interest since then really...

Oh, and it's about time we sold Owen and bought a decent striker.

When Smith is on it's like we're playing with 10 men. I've never rated a player less. :dave:

It's sick, but I would have loved to see Smith and Pattison on the pitch at the same time.

If Smith ever has to play for us again, it should be under strict orders never to come back into his own half. I wonder how many goals we have conceded this season down to him giving it away, not marking or conceding free kicks.

I'm not sure where he was told to play because he has been all over the pitch, but hardly up-front where we needed him. I'm thinking he may have been told to try and play behind Owen and Martins? Who knows.

So who suggested taking Viduka off for Smith?

That's worked out well hasn't it!

It's so clear that Newcastle's structure and movement are much better with Viduka up forward as a target.  Yes he may be slow, and yes not all of his passes are perfect, but he is a giant anchor at the top of our formation who provides a target to get the ball forward to whilst the rest of the team runs forward to get in to position to create an attacking move.

I think anyone who still argues that bringing Smith on in place of Viduka was the right move is a few matches short of a matchbox!

My bad :lol:

Smith just doesn't look like a footballer, at all.

Taylor - NUFC MOtM

Agreed.