Steven Taylor

Tooj

Honestly watch the whol match again, Bassong was nervous tentavie and extremely error prone. The only reason Lennon was quiet was because a) he's not all that good anyway and b) Spuds were just as bad as we were in terms of positive football. Oh and spuds first goal came from a Lennon cross, awful marking by Collocini but the cross should not have been allowed to get in.

I'm not sticking up for Tayloe in the slightest, he was awful simply awful last night, but he wasn't the only one Bassong pipped him and Collocini for piss poor player of the match for me.

So funny how people have these pre determined views on players, Butt crap, Taylor's Crap, Collo's world class, Edgar's crap, Bassong the great white (well you know what I mean) hope. So they refuse to look at a game and judge the players performances on what went on.

If you think Bassong was our MoM or even had a good game really you must be taking the same stuff as Gazza is.

after switching to the left flank because Bassong had marked him out the game. it was geremi he wrong footed to get the cross in.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Cockney OUT

definitely!

That mistake by him last night is one of the worst Ive seen by anyone in a black & white shirt, and yes there have been a few to make a comparison with!

It was a awful mistake but it was a bloody suicidal ball by Collocini.

Taylor is young and will get better,

People said that about Ramage at the same age. Get real. Wullie's spot on.

Honestly watch the whol match again, Bassong was nervous tentavie and extremely error prone. The only reason Lennon was quiet was because a) he's not all that good anyway and b) Spuds were just as bad as we were in terms of positive football. Oh and spuds first goal came from a Lennon cross, awful marking by Collocini but the cross should not have been allowed to get in.

I'm not sticking up for Tayloe in the slightest, he was awful simply awful last night, but he wasn't the only one Bassong pipped him and Collocini for piss poor player of the match for me.

So funny how people have these pre determined views on players, Butt crap, Taylor's Crap, Collo's world class, Edgar's crap, Bassong the great white (well you know what I mean) hope. So they refuse to look at a game and judge the players performances on what went on.

If you think Bassong was our MoM or even had a good game really you must be taking the same stuff as Gazza is.

after switching to the left flank because Bassong had marked him out the game. it was geremi he wrong footed to get the cross in.

Hehe, damn flaw in my argument :) But Bassong hardly marked him out of the game.

Honestly watch the whole match again, Bassong was nervous tentavie and extremely error prone. The only reason Lennon was quiet was because a) he's not all that good anyway and b) Spuds were just as bad as we were in terms of positive football. Oh and spuds first goal came from a Lennon cross, awful marking by Collocini but the cross should not have been allowed to get in.

I'm not sticking up for Taylor in the slightest, he was awful simply awful last night, but he wasn't the only one Bassong pipped him and Collocini for piss poor player of the match for me.

So funny how people have these pre determined views on players, Butt's crap, Taylor's Crap, Collo's world class, Edgar's crap, Bassong the great white (well you know what I mean) hope. So they refuse to look at a game and judge the players performances on what went on.

The first goal came from an absolutely dreadful pass from Nicky Butt (who was shite all game imo)which put us on the backfoot, Taylor got pulled out of position leaving and the only reason the cross came from Lennon was because he had switched sides to get away from Bassongs pocket.

Honestly watch the whole match again, Bassong was nervous tentavie and extremely error prone. The only reason Lennon was quiet was because a) he's not all that good anyway and b) Spuds were just as bad as we were in terms of positive football. Oh and spuds first goal came from a Lennon cross, awful marking by Collocini but the cross should not have been allowed to get in.

I'm not sticking up for Taylor in the slightest, he was awful simply awful last night, but he wasn't the only one Bassong pipped him and Collocini for piss poor player of the match for me.

So funny how people have these pre determined views on players, Butt's crap, Taylor's Crap, Collo's world class, Edgar's crap, Bassong the great white (well you know what I mean) hope. So they refuse to look at a game and judge the players performances on what went on.

The first goal came from an absolutely dreadful pass from Nicky Butt (who was shite all game imo)which put us on the backfoot, Taylor got pulled out of position leaving and the only reason the cross came from Lennon was because he had switched sides to get away from Bassongs pocket.

Exactly right. Bassong defensively had a blinder, the only question marks were with his distribution. Lennon was switched to the other wing only because Bassong had him tied up tighter than a hostage in Beirut.

people are forgetting that Bassong is younger and already better than Taylor

Brilliant point.

Not to mention that this is his first season in the prem and he has hardly made any starts AND he was out of position at left back, where he clearly isn't as comfortable, although he clearly did a better job there than N'Zogbia has been doing.

His flaws where in his attacking play and distribution, but right now it is more important that we are solid defensively and he was very good defensively.

What makes me sick to my stomach is that as long as we continue to employ British managers they will continue to put Taylor in the first team when he clearly isn't good enough. We all make so much fun of Dawson but Taylor is essentially the same level of player. It's embarrassing.

But hey! He's a Geordie so he understands the club and should be in the first team. He's an England under 21 international so therefore he must be good enough right? He has prem experience and therefore he will surely do better than the foreignersright?

Whatever happened to just using your freakin' eyes to recognise he is a bloody mess out on that pitch and instills no confidence in anyone.

It was so bloody easy. All we had to do was keep Faye and pair him with Coloccini to form what would have been a respected centre back pairing. How we messed it up I will never know. Faye was a cheap purchase who couldn't have been on major wages. Why sell him? Just so we could have the young Geordie in the team. Well he sucks and he will not be gettign any better. Still looks exactly the same as he did when he first came into the team, if not slightly worse.

I give up arguing with people here, I was talking about Bassong's performance last night, but it looks like we were watching different games.

If that's a definition of a great performance, I must not have a clue.

What makes me sick to my stomach is that as long as we continue to employ British managers they will continue to put Taylor in the first team when he clearly isn't good enough. We all make so much fun of Dawson but Taylor is essentially the same level of player. It's embarrassing.

But hey! He's a Geordie so he understands the club and should be in the first team. He's an England under 21 international so therefore he must be good enough right? He has prem experience and therefore he will surely do better than the foreignersright?

Whatever happened to just using your freakin' eyes to recognise he is a bloody mess out on that pitch and instills no confidence in anyone.

It was so bloody easy. All we had to do was keep Faye and pair him with Coloccini to form what would have been a respected centre back pairing. How we messed it up I will never know. Faye was a cheap purchase who couldn't have been on major wages. Why sell him? Just so we could have the young Geordie in the team. Well he sucks and he will not be gettign any better. Still looks exactly the same as he did when he first came into the team, if not slightly worse.

To be fair, most people on here at least seem to recognise Taylor is fairly shit, apart from Northern Monkey who is a psycho. A lot of us were annoyed that Faye was allowed to leave as well but that's history now.

To be fair, most people on here at least seem to recognise Taylor is fairly s***, apart from Northern Monkey who is a psycho. A lot of us were annoyed that Faye was allowed to leave as well but that's history now.

And Kaka was one of the biggest Ashleyites professing what a great job was done this summer with the transfer window. Even started a thread about how much he still loved the man. Yet this is the squad his much vaunted system has left us with.

And btw for perspective, Collocini has been no better than Taylor over the last few games, they've both been absolutely horrendous.

To be fair, most people on here at least seem to recognise Taylor is fairly s***, apart from Northern Monkey who is a psycho. A lot of us were annoyed that Faye was allowed to leave as well but that's history now.

And Kaka was one of the biggest Ashleyites professing what a great job was done this summer with the transfer window. Even started a thread about how much he still loved the man. Yet this is the squad his much vaunted system has left us with.

And btw for perspective, Collocini has been no better than Taylor over the last few games, they've both been absolutely horrendous.

I disagree, Coloccini to be fair seems to have the basics right, he just needs to fine tune his game to the english style which will take a while

Taylor has managed to play 4 games out of 6 now without slightly resembling a premiership defender, despite this being his 6th season in the first team. Absolutely shocking

Coloccini = Done what he's had to , could improve in a couple of areas.

Taylor = Two glaring mistakes, consistently looks as if the next one is just around the corner.

I disagree, Coloccini to be fair seems to have the basics right, he just needs to fine tune his game to the english style which will take a while

Taylor has managed to play 4 games out of 6 now without slightly resembling a premiership defender, despite this being his 6th season in the first team. Absolutely shocking

Would agree with that. Colo is clearly adjusting to the speed of the Premier league, but even so it's noticeable how he anticipates danger and tries to snuff it early. Taylor has no idea so backs away towards the goal line like a 12yr old kid. it must be difficult to play alongside a defender who is all over the place.  In the one game Colo played alongside Bassong they looked very good together, maybe one question mark would be in the air, where Taylor is ok.

Fine tuning is costing us goals, like the first spuds one yesterday against a player new to the league too.

I remember the exact same crap people were saying about boumsong when he first came, he was turned inside out in his first game against might Yeading, yet it took some months to start to admit he was playing shit.

I'm not suggesting that Boumsong and Colo are the same, but they both have underperformed. The difference between them really is Boumsong was a crap player playing crap, Colo is a good player playing crap. Whether Taylor is a Boumsong or a Colo, I don't really know, he's shown evidence in the past of being a Colo but too often he's looked like a Boumsong.

Faye has zero postioning sense and can't read the game at all.  He's just a massive bloke who does really well in a physical battle but looking back at some the goals we conceded last season he was all over the place. 

Can't see how he's so missed now and whilst I've been pretty impressed with both Collo and Bassong it's far too early (especially in Bassong's case) to be praising them as highly as some of us are.

Colo is a good player playing crap.

I'll wait till the next game where he's up against a muscular CF after how much Cole upset him - he looks very good against more footballing types but I fear for him when we play against Drogbha, Carew, Jones and even Heskey.

Far too many players were caught in possession last night. Taylor received a bad pass and made it worse. The lack of movement caused several players to dwell on the ball (not in Taylor's case). Iirc Butt lost the ball for the 1st goal & Colo didn't even jump for nuisance value. Taylor isn't as good as he thinks he is but he is getting generally better and can improve still.

Right now we need to support all of the players; Saturday is a very important game.

Bassong wasn't just our best but the best on the pitch. And i can't believe the suggestion that it was anything to do with coloccini. The pass was direct to his feet ffs and he had loads of time to play it back to shay, back to colo or just collect it himself and step away from o'hara. Nah, better to try a dummy on the edge of his own area. Dick.

:clap:

This x1000000

[/quote

Exactly this. Great post.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's simple. Taylor is crap, was and will be. Yeah, he's geordie and yeah, he may love the club but it doesn't make him good enough to play for NUFC. (If things worked like that I should be up for captaincy tbh)

Far too many players were caught in possession last night. Taylor received a bad pass and made it worse. The lack of movement caused several players to dwell on the ball (not in Taylor's case). Iirc Butt lost the ball for the 1st goal & Colo didn't even jump for nuisance value. Taylor isn't as good as he thinks he is but he is getting generally better and can improve still.

Right now we need to support all of the players; Saturday is a very important game.

Obviously Taylor can get better, but do you honestly think he is getting better?  He doesn't look to have improved over the last couple of seasons to me.

Bassong wasn't just our best but the best on the pitch. And i can't believe the suggestion that it was anything to do with coloccini. The pass was direct to his feet ffs and he had loads of time to play it back to shay, back to colo or just collect it himself and step away from o'hara. Nah, better to try a dummy on the edge of his own area. Dick.

:clap:

This x1000000

[/quote

Exactly this. Great post.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's simple. Taylor is crap, was and will be. Yeah, he's geordie and yeah, he may love the club but it doesn't make him good enough to play for NUFC. (If things worked like that I should be up for captaincy tbh)

:clap: :clap:

:thup:

Bassong looked far, far better.

Haha are people for real?

It was Coloccini's fault with the pass? Get real.

The reason Coloccini might have looked poor to some of you (and he hasn't to post of us), is because he's doing twice the work, constantly making up for Taylor's fuck ups.