Steven Taylor

Tooj

Going off today Taylor was brilliant, really inspiring to watch him, deserved his goal looked calm for Duffs and just add to the war story he took the free kick limping. If we could just get this week in week out and calmed down.

Brilliant is a bit strong mind you. He was good going forward, and obviously did well with his goal and the assist but defensively he is still piss poor. Saying that, its about time the lad had a canny game because he has been shit so far this season.

Agree with that. While he did well going forwards, it's at CB we need to see him dominate more.Hopefully this will give him the confidence needed.

Guest Heneage

They ran into each other and Anichebe dived stop picking faults for nowt.

they both dived tbh. I was picking faults with him so much as certain people on this board

I find it hard to listen to someone who said Ronaldo would be a good buy.

They ran into each other and Anichebe dived stop picking faults for nowt.

they both dived tbh. I was picking faults with him so much as certain people on this board

I find it hard to listen to someone who said Ronaldo would be a good buy.

I said to have him would be fantastic tbh

a fit Ronaldo is a better goalscorer than anyone we have at the club and less injury prone than Viduka certainly

Emphasis on the word "fit". You've no idea how good he is now since he had that injury, and I reckon Owen is now a better goalscorer. Shoot me.

well the Ronaldo that some of us saw last year for Milan is quicker, stronger and a much better finisher than Owen tbh, that's what i'm basing the opinion on really. I'm under no illusion that he's the same player who anihilated every defender he came into contact with in 2 consecutive world cups.

Anyone see the goals last night for the under 21's?

I am guessing you may have :pow:

It looks bad for Tayls :yikes:

1st goal the ball got whacked off him & then Church scored

2nd goal he slipped & Wheater could not get a foot in.

I thought Aston Villa squad man Milner looked better than £12 million in the bank.

Going into the last 5 mins at 5-4 to England.

And it looks like Taylor may helped score the winning goal of the tie:

OWN GOAL VOKES! O'Hara's free-kick from the right flank into the Wales box is headed back towards goal by Taylor at the far post. The header strikes Vokes on the arm and bounces into the back of the net. England now lead this tie 5-4 on aggregate.

Taylor looked lost on Church's goal. To be fair he had Ramsey running at him afte Cattermole dropped a bollock & Church was to the side of him.

I thought you might of jumped the gun with the previous post.

Taylor looked lost on Church's goal. To be fair he had Ramsey running at him afte Cattermole dropped a bollock & Church was to the side of him.

I thought you might of jumped the gun with the previous post.

It  was the winning goal that took England through. Oh I missed a bit off my previous post............where was the other centrehalf!!!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

We defend deep = he's good as he can see everything in front of him and doesn't have to worry about positioning too much.

We defend a high line = he gets caught out as he doesn't have the awareness or reading of the game to position himself and make judgements on when to push up to a man who's recieved the ball or to drop off.

He always plays better against the better teams, against Man Utd he had a great game and he played well against Arsenal too.

Did better tonight because he got closer to his man, but I'm afraid that his lack of ability on the ball is going to hold him back. There was an incident ten minutes before the end when he fluffled a clearance in the goal area and we were quite lucky that the ball ended up with Given.