Steven Taylor

Tooj

Im surprised at the amount of Faye bashing out there, taking nothing away from Taylor cos he played well today but what specifically has Faye done so wrong?

Its almost as though people feel the need to criticise him in order to make Taylor sound better. Why is that?

If Taylor is so good, why did he struggle when Faye was out of the team?

Exactly...Still think that Faye is better!

Question ...

Where have all the Taylor is better than Faye people been all season?

One half decent game, and that's all it was really, and people are claiming he's our best defender and better than Faye.

Rubbish. Taylor is never better than Faye and Faye isn't even brilliant but just a serviceable no nonsense defender. So what does this all mean? It means Taylor really isn't that great at all.

Better than Faye?! Crazy talk.

Guest alex

I've been as critical as anyone of Taylor but he's played well for weeks now, not just 'one half decent game'. I don't know why it's always a contest though.

Played well today like, looked canny in the last few games. A long way to go, but still well done lad.  :thup:

That's secondary to whether he's the last man off the pitch, I was a bit concerned as he almost mugged himself and went off second last yesterday, but he showed a good level of concentration to notice the man behind him, stop and turn to applaud the almost empty stand and delay until he was the only player that loves the fans more than life itself left on the pitch.

Deserves 104K a week for his exits this season.

I thought he did well today but still has to bridge the gap between promising youngster and established senior. I still think he gets a hell of a lot of slack cos he's the honest geordie 100%er.

amazing comment, considering the amount of foreign tosspots we've had that don't give a monkeys for the club.

I think that he's getting the stick because he's a Geordie giving 100% and so fans think he should be signing a new contract for nothing.

Guest alex

I thought he did well today but still has to bridge the gap between promising youngster and established senior. I still think he gets a hell of a lot of slack cos he's the honest geordie 100%er.

amazing comment, considering the amount of foreign tosspots we've had that don't give a monkeys for the club.

I think that he's getting the stick because he's a Geordie giving 100% and so fans think he should be signing a new contract for nothing.

No one thinks that. You're just being daft now.

Well, I think its true.

I can also assure you that in my case anyway, I'm not bigging him up because he's an honest geordie giving 100%, although such a quality isn't to be sniffed at.

Guest alex

Well, I think its true.

I can also assure you that in my case anyway, I'm not bigging him up because he's an honest geordie giving 100%, although such a quality isn't to be sniffed at.

You think there are Geordies and Newcastle fans in general who think Taylor should accept a low wage because he's a Geordie 100%-er? And because he hasn't, that's why they're criticising him? Sorry, I don't follow your logic one bit.

Well, I think its true.

You think Geordies and Newcastle fans in general think Taylor should accept a low wage because he's a Geordie 100%-er? Sorry, I don't follow your logic one bit.

how many people have slated him for his contract demands

I've been as critical as anyone of Taylor but he's played well for weeks now, not just 'one half decent game'. I don't know why it's always a contest though.

I thought he looked shaky against West Ham, he didn't even jump with Zamora who's flick on led to Ashton's goal.

For someone who's supposed to be the big, strong type you can't go giving free headers away against someone of Zamora's stature.

To be honest he's been cack until the last few games, and general consensus was that he was the centre back to be replaced...

Amazing what confidence can do to a player, good to see KK! Well done from me :)

Well, I think its true.

You think Geordies and Newcastle fans in general think Taylor should accept a low wage because he's a Geordie 100%-er? Sorry, I don't follow your logic one bit.

So? What if his performances haven't merited a raise so far? How do you know that everyone who has slated him for his contract demands do so because he's a Geordie and not for other, imo, good and valid reasons?

Well, I think its true.

A lot of people have a problem with him being the local 100%er, no doubt about it. They think because he is that people rate him higher than he is so they have to take strips off him to compensate. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, the lad doesn't stand a chance with fans like ours.

To be honest he's been cack until the last few games, and general consensus was that he was the centre back to be replaced...

Amazing what confidence can do to a player, good to see KK! Well done from me :)

aye, of course there are plenty of people who rather stupidly think that like John Terry and Jamie Carragher, they never ever lose a header to anyone or make a mistake, ever.

Ever.

mackems.gif

Guest alex

Well, I think its true.

I don't know? Some have, aye. It's hardly either the root or the main reason for any criticism that's been levelled at him though. That's been down to performances on the pitch. If he'd been outstanding, or even half-decent earlier in the season (when he was making contract noises - publicly I might add) then people would probably have thought he was worth a new, improved contract (which he has been offered anyway iirc).

Guest alex

Well, I think its true.

A lot of people have a problem with him being the local 100%er, no doubt about it. They think because he is that people rate him higher than he is so they have to take strips off him to compensate. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, the lad doesn't stand a chance with fans like ours.

Give over man. The fans were singing his name at the match. The only stick he gets is in places like this.

I thought he looked shaky against West Ham, he didn't even jump with Zamora who's flick on led to Ashton's goal.

For someone who's supposed to be the big, strong type you can't go giving free headers away against someone of Zamora's stature.

That was Edgar's fault.

;)

Guest alex

Didn't see the match tbf.

He's been slated over his contract because his dad decided to play the whole thing out through Alan Oliver in the Chronicle.

Think he learnt a lot from that, he has an agent now.

Well, I think its true.

Give over man. The fans were singing his name at the match. The only stick he gets is in places like this.

It's true this place contains loads of cockends.

Much improved in our recent good run, has looked a different player. On the other hand, a number of others have as well, and we're defending well as a team now, which will take the pressure off individuals.

Agreed, especially the bit in bold. It's the same everywhere on the pitch though, see Owen/Martins for a glaring example.