Diouf ready to leave bolton

sparta

Wouldn't touch this horrible individual with the proverbial barge-pole ; if we have to resort to signing prats like him, the club has fallen much farther than anyone thinks...

I hope we can now forget being a care home for all the odd balls and so-called 'quirky' players in the game...

Diouf's been shit this season.

Bolton's been shit this season.  I don't think Diouf has looked any worse than a good but disillusioned player showing up in a side he doesn't want to be in. 

Guest michaelfoster

No thanks hes a horrible spitting c***,hes an average player anyways would hope we could get better than him in the Summer

This.

Guest alex

I'd take him for nominal fee. Can play both wings/upfront in 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

He can't though. Not in a 4-4-2. He's very average in a wide role or upfront in that set-up.

Guest Toonarama

Even if he was brilliant I wouldn't want him.  Players who are trouble generally take more away than they give.

Guest alex

Would be a better option that Smith as far as our 4th striker is concerned.

As though that's a reason for signing him.

I don't really have a problem with the fact he's an arsehole.

After all I've welcomed the likes of Bowyer, Barton and Bellamy before him.

My problem with signing him would be his shite form over the last 18 months.

He is only 27 though and could have a couple of decent years left.

Diouf's been shit this season.

Bolton's been shit this season.  I don't think Diouf has looked any worse than a good but disillusioned player showing up in a side he doesn't want to be in. 

He's been absolutely awful this season. One of the reasons why Bolton have been shit.

Guest Stephen927

I like him as a footballer, though he has been off form for a while now. I'm not convinced of where he would fit in our current 4-3-3, as I would like at least one of the front three to have decent aerial ability, unless he'll be coming in strictly as back up/competition for Martins, which I wouldn't be too against, but can't see him coming to sit on the bench.

Off the field, I would be sceptical, I don't think he has the best of attitudes, and if things don't go our way next season he'd be the first person to go missing.

i think he is a good player, clearly not superman, but still a good player.  someone we could get a bit cheap... and he is a right winger/striker!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3530263,00.html

"Diouf still wants to quit

Senegal star ready to quit Reebok"

"Bolton forward El Hadji Diouf has reiterated his desire to quit the club.

The Senegalese international spoke earlier this season about his intention to leave The Reebok Stadium and the former Liverpool forward has again confirmed he wants to quit.

Diouf scored in the 2-0 weekend win over Sunderland which virtually seals their safety in the Premier League.

But despite maintaining their place in the top-flight - Diouf has maintained his stance.

"I do not play at Bolton next season," he told Le Soleil. "I need another challenge.

"But my first choice remains England because it is the best league in the world.

"I'm pleased to stay up but maybe I will return here next season to play against Bolton, where I have had great moments in the past."

thoughts?

he's a good player and would improve the team and squad

i honestly don't know. he couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards at liverpool but he pulled his finger out a bit more at bolton.

if he's in the mood for it, he can be a good player, if he's not interested he goes awol.

but do we need another 'troublemaker'?

i honestly don't know. he couldn't hit a barn door from 6 yards at liverpool but he pulled his finger out a bit more at bolton.

if he's in the mood for it, he can be a good player, if he's not interested he goes awol.

but do we need another 'troublemaker'?

I can think of a few people I wouldn't mind seeing him gob in the eye