THE clock is ticking and the detonator is in place

NG32

He done nothing wrong, the media have had nothing to bash us with over the last few weeks with us being on that 7 game unbeaten run.  Lose to Chelsea and KK tells some home truths.  The media start playing soggy biscuit over us.

It seems the players weren't too impressed by Keegans words either. No one likes to hear their manager publicly telling the world his team are a million miles away from Chelsea and that we haven't got a hope of finishing in the top four in the next three years. It might be true but you don't have to moan about it in public.

feels like i've missed something here.. what makes you people even consider the possibility that Keegan's job is in danger?

his comments the other day were nothing but common sense (as always), so please lads, don't bite the media bullshit

If the meeting is true one of two things will happen

Ashley will back KK with loads of funds in the transfer market or KK will be gone and Wise takes over.

Corrected.

God forbid.

The end of our club

Guest alex

feels like i've missed something here.. what makes you people even consider the possibility that Keegan's job is in danger?

his comments the other day were nothing but common sense (as always), so please lads, don't bite the media bullshit

I think it is bullshit fwiw.

He done nothing wrong, the media have had nothing to bash us with over the last few weeks with us being on that 7 game unbeaten run.  Lose to Chelsea and KK tells some home truths.  The media start playing soggy biscuit over us.

It seems the players weren't too impressed by Keegans words either. No one likes to hear their manager publicly telling the world his team are a million miles away from Chelsea and that we haven't got a hope of finishing in the top four in the next three years. It might be true but you don't have to moan about it in public.

We were fucking gash this season, for 95 % of it.

How do we know the players weren't to impressed?  Some of the cunts need to look in the mirror and ask themselves some questions if they are upset by those comments.

Let me tell you what I found so surprising about all of this ... it's the fact that we played so well in the first half and we were actually the better team I thought!

We all know why the second half was so different, it was due to Viduka going off and Smith coming on and then Duff being introduced as we switched to a more traditional 4-4-2.

In other words all of this is Alan Smiths fault  :angry:

He didn't saying anything wrong in my eyes, the media are blowing it all out of proportion tho.

When do they not?

True, but that shouldn't stop KK speaking his mind.

Again, true, but surely Keegan's experienced enough to know what the media are like. They'll pounce on anything and his interview was an easy target.

He didn't saying anything wrong in my eyes, the media are blowing it all out of proportion tho.

When do they not?

True, but that shouldn't stop KK speaking his mind.

Again, true, but surely Keegan's experienced enough to know what the media are like. They'll pounce on anything and his interview was an easy target.

So keegan shouldn't be himself and act like a Steve McClaren?

"I thought we were magnificent tonight"

If the meeting is true one of two things will happen

Ashley will back KK with loads of funds in the transfer market or KK will be gone and Wise takes over.

Corrected.

God forbid.

The end of our club

Is it actually all that out of place for Keegan to have a meeting with his boss? Why would The Sun of all people know about the meeting's agenda anyway?

Do you think Wenger & Benitez mean everything they say to the press? In front of the cameras they've both been saying to the press they're happy with their seasons...I bet deep down though and when they're in private with the players they're a lot different. Keegan could have easily just said something like, "It'll be hard" and "it'll need a lot of money", etc....but to say, "There's nothing I can do to get us to that level"...not the best comment he's ever made let's be fair.

NUFC cant win, if we say we are going for 4th spot everybody in the media laughs and jokes.  Newcastle and its fans getting carried away. 

Play it down and make some realistic comments about it going to be very hard and now we have no ambition.

You know, I totally agree with Keegan. You guys were talking about "The REAL test for Mort and Ashley" in another thread. Well, for me this is the real test. Ashley has no other option than to fork out some cash. What's he suppose to do? Sack the Messiah? mackems.gif

Well THAT would be the end for this club, surely!

It seems as though Ashley does not have the money to back his managers in the transfer market. After he bought the club and paid off the debt, it seems like little "Big Mike's" bank account is close to 0 (Zero). Really a shame! And you know what.. of all the people at the club, I have the most trust in Kevin Keegan.

NUFC cant win, if we say we are going for 4th spot everybody in the media laughs and jokes.  Newcastle and its fans getting carried away. 

Play it down and make some realistic comments about it going to be very hard and now we have no ambition.

Exactly. I'm not taking any notice of all the press bollocks.

Guest alijmitchell

Lets just all fucking get a hold of ourselves and stop throwing our toys out of the pram about what Keegan said after the Chelsea game. Get behind the man for fucks sake and just wait and see what happens.

You know, I totally agree with Keegan. You guys were talking about "The REAL test for Mort and Ashley" in another thread. Well, for me this is the real test. Ashley has no other option than to fork out some cash. What's he suppose to do? Sack the Messiah? mackems.gif

It seems as though Ashley does not have the money to back his managers in the transfer market. After he bought the club and paid off the debt, it seems like little "Big Mike's" bank account is close to 0 (Zero). Really a shame! And you know what.. of all the people at the club, I have the most trust in Kevin Keegan.

If Ashley has no money in the bank how come we bid for Modric? Did someone make it all up?

I seriously doubt that.

However it is more likely that while the club is happy to spend big money on a Gomis they will not on an Henry.

This may be the sort of problem that is occurring.

If Ashley has no money in the bank how come we bid for Modric? Did someone make it all up?

Do you have official links to back that up? (not trying to be an ass here, but I've only read it on the internet) As far as I know, we backed out because Dinamo demanded to much. Well, for me, here's the thing. The last time we did really good was under Sir Bobby Robson, a true geordie lover. Since Keegan in the 90's it only went one way... and that was certainly not up. We got Robson and we did very well... for me.. an important reason for that is that he really cared about newcastle and really cared about the job in hand. His passion was true Geordie love. Keegan is the exact same in my eyes, only younger.

I don't want to blow this out of proportion now, as it is just a meeting, and for all we know it might be a very positive meeting... but as a final say: We better spend some money this summer, cause our squad is really thin, and seriously lacking the req. talents in some areas.

Do you have official links to back that up? (not trying to be an ass here, but I've only read it on the internet) As far as I know, we backed out because Dinamo demanded to much. Well, for me, here's the thing. The last time we did really good was under Sir Bobby Robson, a true geordie lover. Since Keegan in the 90's it only went one way... and that was certainly not up. We got Robson and we did very well... for me.. an important reason for that is that he really cared about newcastle and really cared about the job in hand. His passion was true Geordie love. Keegan is the exact same in my eyes, only younger.

I don't want to blow this out of proportion now, as it is just a meeting, and for all we know it might be a very positive meeting... but as a final say: We better spend some money this summer, cause our squad is really thin, and seriously lacking the req. talents in some areas.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1306429,00.html

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1306433,00.html

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1306444,00.html

Its on one of those links about the Modric thing.

Everything agreed, especially those in bold!

In KK we trust!

Does anybody know what time the press conference is at?