THE clock is ticking and the detonator is in place

NG32

It seems as though Ashley does not have the money to back his managers in the transfer market. After he bought the club and paid off the debt, it seems like little "Big Mike's" bank account is close to 0 (Zero). Really a shame! And you know what.. of all the people at the club, I have the most trust in Kevin Keegan.

He's a billionaire you nutter :lol:  His personal fortune was over £2 billion before he took over..

Maybe it's about time we hired a manager who can't speak English.

Surely ths is the perfect solution?

Tony Mowbray can speak English but with a strangely mangled diction.

Maybe he could be your halfway house?

Guest The Libertine

there was none of this "not backing managers" when (Sir) Freddie Shepherd ran the show....

It seems as though Ashley does not have the money to back his managers in the transfer market. After he bought the club and paid off the debt, it seems like little "Big Mike's" bank account is close to 0 (Zero). Really a shame! And you know what.. of all the people at the club, I have the most trust in Kevin Keegan.

He's a billionaire you nutter :lol:  His personal fortune was over £2 billion before he took over..

Ironic....

But seriously... Keegan is the new board's appiontment... one could expect them to back him up with some money.... they didn't back Big Sam up that much.. so he might as well give Keegan his war chest... or is Keegan just a temporary solution... that is.. was it just an emotional appointment to make sure season ticket holders buy tickets for next season + in general just boost the income?

Ironic....

But seriously... Keegan is the new board's appiontment... one could expect them to back him up with some money.... they didn't back Big Sam up that much.. so he might as well give Keegan his war chest... or is Keegan just a temporary solution... that is.. was it just an emotional appointment to make sure season ticket holders buy tickets for next season + in general just boost the income?

What's your point man?  Who says he isn't being backed?  He's been backed to the tune of £18 million for one player so far, its not Mort or Ashley's fault if Modric fell for the Spuds hype..

Why on earth would Ashley not want to give serious funds to attract these so called 'superstar players to get us into the top four?' after already spending 200+million on the club?.

It is fucking ridiculous, does he want us to stagnate in mid table for ever?

Everyone involved with managing the club needs to get a fucking grip.

Thats just a good Boro accent!

Nah, he's a smoggie so he cant manage our club.

Ironic....

What's your point man?  Who says he isn't being backed?  He's been backed to the tune of £18 million for one player so far, its not Mort or Ashley's fault if Modric fell for the Spuds hype..

Well, there are some articles around with Mort and Ashley saying we won't over pend. And that's fine, really. We don't want to do a "Leeds". On the other hand, this kinda passive way of saying thing, which really has been going on for "ages" is really not a smart way to state ambitions. First of all, we secured the EPL place some games ago, at that time the negotiation of contracts with players like Owen should have started. They really should make sure players like him stay on, cause waiting is only gonna start speculations. Second, we have a man in Keegan that most people trust. He's done it before, and he can do it again. Let him rebuild with establish players, which in some areas, is badly needed (*thin squad).

Third... yes, there is a fine line between young and cheap players, and more expensive and established players. We need a more solid base, before Wise/Vetere/Jimenez can start doing their magic and bring those wonderkids in. And these players are of course gonna cost, and Ashley needs to provide the cash. Keegan came in and turned us around. It was very depressing in here at times around x-mas, and people really threw stuff at the squad as being useless... well, Keegan has proved that the squad is better than we feared/thought... but that shouldn't be interpreted by Mort/Ashley that we don't need more quality.

Thats just a good Boro accent!

Surely Mowbray has also suffered some kind of head trauma to sound like that though?

I've got mates of the Boro persuasion, and he sounds like they would if they'd spent 3 months in intensive care or had a stroke.

Guest optimistic nit

Ironic....

i like to use facts to build my opinions on myself, and the facts are that we wen't in for modric. it didn't come off, and i've heard about 10 different explinations for why, ranging from not enough money to the deal being some dodgy loan type thing, but going for modric shows we have ambition.

you're taking one tiny thing and making a conclusion from that that keegan was only a tempory signing to boost ticket prices. i'm not sure if you grasp how utterly insane that is. we don't know that he doesn't have any money, if come august we have spent fuck all i'll be extremely pissed off, but the window isn't open yet, so you can fuck off with your conspiracy theories until then.

Guest ObaStar

there is no way we would appoint Denis Wise, a league 1 manager to manager of Newcastle United, the fifth biggest club in the strongest league in the world. not going to happen.

From nufc.com

"Question Time

A hyperbole-free account of current events, without using phrases like "Judgment Day" or "Kevin in Crisis" etc.

The manager met the media on Thursday lunchtime to talk about Sunday's game away to Everton.

Before that press conference got underway, Keegan said:

"This press conference has been brought forward because I'm going London tomorrow to meet Mike Ashley. That's a good thing and I look forward to that."

KK then confirmed he would only answer questions relating to Sunday's game.

He also revealed that the club would find out in the next fortnight the length of Mark Viduka's unavailability through injury estimated at anything between three & six months.

The manager meets the owner on Friday about subjects tbc. The Executive Director (Football) is also expected to be present.  "

From nufc.com

The manager meets the owner on Friday about subjects tbc. The Executive Director (Football) is also expected to be present.  "

in other words Mr wobbly eyes

KK does have a point and i dont think its the first time a premiership manager has mentioned a "league, within the league"

£1800 million when he took over, £1200 million now. That is 33% of his wealth lost since coming here. Only  two years left at this rate ???

£1800 million when he took over, £1200 million now. That is 33% of his wealth lost since coming here. Only  two years left at this rate ???

"The only way to become a millionaire by running a football club is to start off as a billionaire".

I don't know who said that.

He spent 600 mil in Blue Bamboo!!!!!!

From nufc.com

"Question Time

A hyperbole-free account of current events, without using phrases like "Judgment Day" or "Kevin in Crisis" etc.

The manager met the media on Thursday lunchtime to talk about Sunday's game away to Everton.

"This press conference has been brought forward because I'm going London tomorrow to meet Mike Ashley. That's a good thing and I look forward to that."

He also revealed that the club would find out in the next fortnight the length of Mark Viduka's unavailability through injury estimated at anything between three & six months.

What a club in crisis eh?

I can just see the meeting now..............

MA "Hello Kevin nice to see you again"

KK "Hi Mr Ashley"

MA " I regret to inform you that despite you getting this club out of a relegation battle and playing better football than we have for four years, we are sacking you"

KK "What?"

MA "Yes my master plan all along was to replace you with dennis wise, pissing off the fans in the process"

Guest Oz Toon

It's all crap, nowt in it.

Wise is there so its obviously a meeting about transfer targets. KK if anything has put a little pressure on Ashely but big deal. If anything I reckon it's a good sign - something's happening and expect to see some transfer action sooner rather than later. As for the papers and stories about sacking KK etc - bollox.

Fucking media, I hate them.  There are also far too many people to jump ship or on the band wagon on here.  Do people not learn?

For those concerned, go book yourself a long holiday and enjoy the new season when you get back.  All this negative shit is just that.  Until it happens, stop speculating and stressing, especially on the back of misinformed and absurd interpretations from fellow forum members and the press.

From nufc.com

"Question Time

Oh fu(k thats it the, Crisis summit in London, for Crucial clear the air, do or die talks then.

He's worth £1.527 billion. Not sure why you don't include his assets in his wealth?