Alan Smith costs us Europe

Dokko

UEFA award England another spot in Europe through the Fair Play league.

Butt probably tops the yellows, but 100% of Smith's booking were plain daft inc his sending off.

Apart from that i think we've been a very clean team this season, can't believe were so far down the league.

8 yellow, 1 red for smithy, would have reduced our total to 37, putting us 3rd behind Everton and Liverpool f**k me HE DID COST US EUROPE

:laugh:

Fuking bastard!

:lol:

Butt has got more though, hasn't he?

I dislike Smith as much as anyone, but why blame it on him when we've got someone who is worse in this aspect?

But has 12 yellows (12 points, same as smith, just took him 9 extra games to get there) but unlike the bottle blond Sir Nicholas has actually scored.  Thrice!

Butt probably tops the yellows, but 100% of Smith's booking were plain daft inc his sending off.

Apart from that i think we've been a very clean team this season, can't believe were so far down the league.

Completely inaccurate I'm afraid.

If you look at how the fair play table is broken up, it is not just yellows and reds, but other aspects such as behaviour of the manager, respect for opponents and referees.

The part where we lose out is the 'Positive Play' section where the referee marks our footballing performance at the end of the game. We scored so low in this that Chelsea (who scored higher than us in this but at the bottom in most other categories) are above us in the table.

In conclusion, Sam Allardyce cost us Europe.

I dislike Smith as much as anyone, but why blame it on him when we've got someone who is worse in this aspect?

Jesus, bit of T'n'C laddy, don't take it seriously. But if you want an answer, Butt has provided us with performances which gave us points, Smith on the other hand has only ever cost us points.

Completely inaccurate I'm afraid.

If you look at how the fair play table is broken up, it is not just yellows and reds, but other aspects such as behaviour of the manager, respect for opponents and referees.

The part where we lose out is the 'Positive Play' section where the referee marks our footballing performance at the end of the game. We scored so low in this that Chelsea (who scored higher than us in this but at the bottom in most other categories) are above us in the table.

In conclusion, Sam Allardyce cost us Europe.

Again...

Jesus, bit of T'n'C laddy, don't take it seriously. But if you want an answer, Butt has provided us with performances which gave us points, Smith on the other hand has only ever cost us points.

I know it's not all serious, I still don't think there's any point of blaming this on Smith when it's just as much someone elses fault.

Guest sappleton

i came on here to make the exact same thread, i believe smith did cost us europe. he's actually one of our worst ever signings.

At least Tomasson scored for us

Guest neesy111

alan smith will go down as the worst signing this club has made, even maric, guivarch, paul dalglish, paul robinson scored for the club

alan smith will go down as the worst signing this club has made, even maric, guivarch, paul dalglish, paul robinson scored for the club

Probably what the fans will think, the media and people in other clubs still rate him pretty highley..for no fucking reason other than him being Alan Smith.

Guest sappleton

Probably what the fans will think, the media and people in other clubs still rate him pretty highley..for no f****** reason other than him being Alan Smith.

if he looked like Crouch he's would already have been released with Carr and co...

I know it's not all serious, I still don't think there's any point of blaming this on Smith when it's just as much someone elses fault.

Alternatively we could have spent the 6 million on a striker who actually scored a couple of (match or points winning) goals instead of going into rash, foolish two-footed challenges in dangerous free kick territory nearly every match (giving away points) and that would have put us in much better stead for European football without even having to consider winning a European place through the Premiership fair play table.. How much did someone like say Roque Santa Cruz cost again? I would be happy if we payed up his contract if it meant he never wore a black and white shirt again, he's that bad..

Guest shearer_united

performance-wise, i'd say it was Albert Luque as the worst signing.