Keegan forbids players from speaking to the media

Skirge

Blatantly had a room full of lawyers pointing out each subsection's minor footnote in the appendices of his contract that states he's in breach if he says a bad word about what's going on at the club or the people employed therein above his position and how he could be sacked without a payoff if he says another word.

If he's going to survive the failure of his soccer circus, he's got to tow the line.

[/Daily Mail theory]

Wasnt it just self-deprecation?

That phrase:

"And I told the players - it might disappoint them, but - I'm still here...

and his overall interview demeanour, voice and body language suggests to me (and yes I concede it's all down to personal interpretation) a man who is somewhat ill at ease with the current set up and he's probably still getting s*** from certain quarters within the squad - this problem has been going on for so long now it's beyond a joke and nobody's been able to root out the cancer.

Or I may just be over-reacting a bit. It has been known. :pow:

We don't have too many players who we would miss if they pissed off so if we've got trouble in the dressing room then bin them.

That phrase:

and his overall interview demeanour, voice and body language suggests to me (and yes I concede it's all down to personal interpretation) a man who is somewhat ill at ease with the current set up and he's probably still getting shit from certain quarters within the squad - this problem has been going on for so long now it's beyond a joke and nobody's been able to root out the cancer.

I cannot for the life of me imagine ANY player preferring to have Allardyce in charge.......maybe Alan Smith, but fuck him.

I saw that as him repeating a joke he'd told (to the players at the time) but he didn't feel much like joking when he repeated it during the interview. He almsot broke into a smile.

And the staff comment, was it just another little dig about the one he reportedly lost - ie. don't sack anymore.

As you say, trying to read between the lines is open to much interpretation.

That phrase:

and his overall interview demeanour, voice and body language suggests to me (and yes I concede it's all down to personal interpretation) a man who is somewhat ill at ease with the current set up and he's probably still getting shit from certain quarters within the squad - this problem has been going on for so long now it's beyond a joke and nobody's been able to root out the cancer.

I cannot for the life of me imagine ANY player preferring to have Allardyce in charge.......maybe Alan Smith, but fuck him.

If the likes of Smith, Duff and N'Zogbia arent happy then am not arsed either.

Is every post-match interview going to turn into a total shit-fest over interpretations of Keegan's comments? Hope not like.

Is every post-match interview going to turn into a total shit-fest over interpretations of Keegan's comments? Hope not like.

Right, right...I get the message. So fucking sorry, by the way. :coat:

Guest Mcdonald36

Maybe if Kev wasn't so feckin dramatic in every interview the press woudn't have a constant story.

Yes, he wears his heart on his sleeve, and we know it's hard to break into the top four, yada yada, yada, but just fecking get on with it.

Mentioned a few players not playing today in the Skysports interview, but didnt mentioned Martins at all, on his way out?

Yes. What a pity. You'll have to change your avatar.

Where was Martins? He's not injured according to the "injured list", neither was Geremi.

Martins backflipped out of training on Friday when Keegan said he wasn't starting.

Last I heard he was trapped under sniper fire in Milan. bluerazz.gif

How contradictory are Newcastle United fans? The press are slated for going OTT or making up crap, but us lot are just as bad.

5 years ago under Bobby, we wouldn't have been analysing body language and interpreting little comments ffs :lol:

How contradictory are Newcastle United fans? The press are slated for going OTT or making up crap, but us lot are just as bad.

5 years ago under Bobby, we wouldn't have been analysing body language and interpreting little comments ffs :lol:

Martins would be off in a blur of backflips if Arsenal came in for him. I think he's seen enough now.

Keegan said he was going to make changes for this match to give a chance to those who've done well in training but not got many games of late.

He then makes said changes.

Now everyone gets in a flap and wonders why so and so isn't playing. It's just mental.

Martins would be off in a blur of backflips if Arsenal came in for him. I think he's seen enough now.

I was actually referring more to the Keegan comments and interview Parkster.