Replacing the Duke for £12m

toontownman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All of the above have been linked with us over the past couple of months, they would also all cost roughly around the same (12m).

Which would you like to see?

Personally I havent seen anything of Gomis, I'd love us to sign someone thats young and upcoming though.

Whilst I'd rate Ashton the best of the rest I'm not convinced he wuldnt be on the injury list with Viduka. So I plumped for Bent, I think he would certainly give us something different, pace power and goals, not a world beater but a perfect blend of what we need.

In the current market, I don't believe you can replace a fit Viduka for 12mil. He is a key player for us and we're going to have to spend big if we want to avoid a re-run of the results we had when he was injured.

Keegan in the stands again on Saturday watching St Etienne...

I think it'll be Gomis and I'd be happy with that.

According to The People today, we have had a £9 million bid rejected as they apparently want £17 million.

If we could get him cheap but I don't think we could I wouldn't mind seeing Heskey and then someone with more long term view in mind. I am sure I'll get shot down for mentioning Heskey but on his day he can be close to unplayable. If we could get him for the 3-5 million mark I would jump at the chance. Doubt we could get him for that little a price and I wouldn't want to spend more on him given his recent injury record.

there;s no one on  that list as skilful or as creative as Viduka, and a couple of them won;t even provide more movement than the fat man - ashton and crouch in particular (while the former is just as injury prone). haven't seen enough of Gomis to say either way but wouldn't be over the moon with any of them, tho i can see keegan getting the most out of them. i think i'd prefer berbatov ideally but it is likely that he wouldn't come, so maybe roque santa cruz.

I'm guessing the 31 who have now voted for Gomis really mean 'Try our luck with a new face', and are voting for that rather than bothering to specify an 'other'.

Guest mobiius

Has anyone actually seen this Gomis play?

only courtesy of youtube and the likes. he is a big strong lad that is being touted as the new drogba.he has never played in the prem and look at drogba's first season. i voted for ashton. my only concern is that he can stay injury free if he can then he would be excellent for us.him leaving wham is another matter.