elano or smith - you decide

lovejoy

omg. Did I read this right:

Smith is reportedly earning £62,000 a week?

WTF.

62 grand a week for five years, he's got one hell of an agent that man.

Anyone know which paper the players wages were in?

I dunno why but it rings a bell that we were in for Elano but missed out cos the board were too slow, can remember Allardyce having mumurings about it ad i think it was Elanos name that was being bandied around.

Dont think it was a stright choice between Elano and Smith.

I dunno why but it rings a bell that we were in for Elano but missed out cos the board were too slow, can remember Allardyce having mumurings about it ad i think it was Elanos name that was being bandied around.

Dont think it was a stright choice between Elano and Smith.

I'm sure Allardyce said that it was due to the hold up in the Dyer transfer that we didn't get Elano

We bought Smith before selling Dyer. We could just as easily have bought Elano instead of Smith at that time if Allardyce seriously wanted him. My knowledge of Allardyce suggests that he would be looking for a Nolan rather than an Elano for midfield to fit his defensive, high ball strategy.

We bought Smith before selling Dyer. We could just as easily have bought Elano instead of Smith at that time if Allardyce seriously wanted him. My knowledge of Allardyce suggests that he would be looking for a Nolan rather than an Elano for midfield to fit his defensive, high ball strategy.

I dunno about the timings but im sure that aimmediately after Dyer was sold he announced that we should be announcing his replacement all things going well. That suggests he wasnt signed before Dyer.

I dunno about the timings but im sure that aimmediately after Dyer was sold he announced that we should be announcing his replacement all things going well. That suggests he wasnt signed before Dyer.

He said that the day Dyer passed his medical that his replacement would be revealed tomorrow, the next day we signed Smith.

He said that the day Dyer passed his medical that his replacement would be revealed tomorrow, the next day we signed Smith.

So he signed after Dyer was sold then?? Glad we've got that cleared up then.

No.

Dyer passed a medical at West Ham and the day after that we signed Alan Smith, Dyer didn't leave the club for another 2 weeks though because they were arguing over the fee.

No.

Dyer passed a medical at West Ham and the day after that we signed Alan Smith, Dyer didn't leave the club for another 2 weeks though because they were arguing over the fee.

Ahh ok, kind of got sidetracked there anyway - my point was that Elano was one of the targets we missed out because the club was being too slow. Rememeber an articel from Allardyce bemoaning the fact we had been after Elano and hinting that we missed out cos of Mort et al.

Now consider Steve Round's contribution to our recent success. He isn't being offered a new deal, is this the way we are going? Wage cuts?

What contribution?

And who says?

Now consider Steve Round's contribution to our recent success. He isn't being offered a new deal, is this the way we are going? Wage cuts?

What contribution is that like?

What contribution?

And who says?

I was being facetious.

can't really blame bsa for going for smith at the time i always have and i always will believe that he had a bit of persuasion from Mike Ashley to buy smith. hindsight is a wonderful thing and i bet they wouldn't make the same choice (mistake) now.

Why would Mike Ashley have wanted Alan Smith? Your not basing your opinion on Mike wearing a '17 Smith' shirt are you?

At least we now know why Mike Ashley used to have "17 Smith" on his shirt. In that story about Ashley winning £1 Million on the roulette wheel it mentioned that Mike considers his lucky number to be 17. Not in the case of buying Alan Smith it wasn't Mike!

Guest gggg

Elano started out like a world beater at Man City but, has since faded and is really not much better (if at all) than Smith.

What? Didn't he score a goal in his last match, which is y'know, more than Smith has done all season?

Smith

Appearances	 33
Minutes played	 2391
Goals	         0
Assists	         1
Total shots      23
Shot on target	 5

Elano

Appearances	 34
Minutes played	 2455
Goals	         8
Assist           9
Total shots      50
Shot on target	 22

Which one plays upfront again?

Well we don't really decide, do we?

But I'd have to say Smith, a true midfield Fulcrum who's goal scoring record and determination to succeed really blow Elano out the water...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/transfers2007summer/smith.jpg http://nownews.seoul.co.kr/img/upload/2007/08/30/SSI_20070830134636_V.jpg

straight swap?  ;D

At least the lad's on lower wages.  :pow:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/transfers2007summer/smith.jpg http://nownews.seoul.co.kr/img/upload/2007/08/30/SSI_20070830134636_V.jpg

straight swap?  ;D

At least the lad's on lower wages.  :pow:

And score a few more.