UEFA Cup Final 2008 won by Zenit St. Petersburg

midds

I'm no fan of either set of old firm fans but I think considering what happened with the screens not working, things could have gone a lot worse than they did. Imagine after all the hype of so many travelling down, the all day drinking, then suddenly not being able to see the game, there could easily have been full scale riots, which it seems there haven't been. And as for the litter, did you expect them all to take it home with them?

What are the 50,000 or so Glaswegians in Manchester now with no accommodation and no way home tonight going to do?

Spoke to a few on the way home and they seemed nice enough people but didn't know what they were going to do, their plan was to go to a pub till closing time and deal with the problem then.

Those without accomodation and a way of getting home should have stayed at home.

Loads of Rangers and Zenit fans are staying in Liverpool.

ere mate likkhhe...wanna buy a UEFA cup likkhhe ? we errrrr.......found it earlier ey ey.....

I'm no fan of either set of old firm fans but I think considering what happened with the screens not working, things could have gone a lot worse than they did. Imagine after all the hype of so many travelling down, the all day drinking, then suddenly not being able to see the game, there could easily have been full scale riots, which it seems there haven't been. And as for the litter, did you expect them all to take it home with them?

What are the 50,000 or so Glaswegians in Manchester now with no accommodation and no way home tonight going to do?

Spoke to a few on the way home and they seemed nice enough people but didn't know what they were going to do, their plan was to go to a pub till closing time and deal with the problem then.

Those without accomodation and a way of getting home should have stayed at home.

The MEN had an article about loads of them staying in Blackpool, they may as well have stayed at home, it's fucking mileage.

The MEN had an article about loads of them staying in Blackpool, they may as well have stayed at home, it's f****** mileage.

Going to Blackpool is rolling the cup final and summer holiday into one for them :lol:

What goes beep beep beep?.......................

The Rangers open top bus reversing back into the garage. :iamatwat:

The funny thing is they will be still having a bus parade. No joke.

We can hardly have a go for that, we had bus parades in the 90's when we lost the FA Cup final.

What goes beep beep beep?.......................

The Rangers open top bus reversing back into the garage. :iamatwat:

The funny thing is they will be still having a bus parade. No joke.

We can hardly have a go for that, we had bus parades in the 90's when we lost the FA Cup final.

Yep 98 and 99.

98 one was class, you would have thought we had just won the Cup the amount of people that turned out.

Looked like pretty bad riots on itv news

I was in the town centre for the duration of the game. Half of the Rangers fans are a fucking disgrace, they should be banned from Europe.

Running battles with riot police all over the place, fucking disgrace.

Got some pics on the way.

The big screen at Piccadilly Gardens went off, some people said the police turned it off, other said Rangers fans pulled the wires out, whatever caused it, the result was riots and total chaos.

Right. Hold on a fucking minute here! How can any english football fan complain about fans "battling with police" being a "fucking disgrace". Do you not remember Euro 2004 where the water cannons were out??

Rangers have done so well getting to the final tonight, and any, and i mean ANY newcastle fan would love us to be there! So why cant we support a British team in the final of a European Final????

So I can't complain about some wankers because some other wankers who happen to be the same nationality as me also acted like wankers before?

Strange logic there.

Looked like pretty bad riots on itv news

I was in the town centre for the duration of the game. Half of the Rangers fans are a f****** disgrace, they should be banned from Europe.

Running battles with riot police all over the place, f****** disgrace.

Got some pics on the way.

The big screen at Piccadilly Gardens went off, some people said the police turned it off, other said Rangers fans pulled the wires out, whatever caused it, the result was riots and total chaos.

Right. Hold on a f****** minute here! How can any english football fan complain about fans "battling with police" being a "f****** disgrace". Do you not remember Euro 2004 where the water cannons were out??

Rangers have done so well getting to the final tonight, and any, and i mean ANY newcastle fan would love us to be there! So why cant we support a British team in the final of a European Final????

in euro 2004 there was an antagonising elemenet, as in other nationaities stirring aswell. tonight was just pissed jocks. if tonight rangers had been playing a german or italian team i fear it may have kicked off.

pretty sure all folk in tyne and wear have an idea of what the old firm are like.

So I can't complain about some wankers because some other wankers who happen to be the same nationality as me also acted like wankers before?

Strange logic there.

Wankers are wankers Dave to be fair but for Greg to say "half" of the rangers supporters are "a fucking disgrace" is a little harsh! thats, approx 70,000 people with the current gathering in Manchester! Thats a hell of a fight! I just hate sweeping generalisations!

What happened in Euro 2004 is irrelevent though. If these Rangers fans were acting like dickheads then what's wrong with pointing it out? Bizarre jump to something nobody even mentioned.

Strange logic there.

Wankers are wankers Dave to be fair but for Greg to say "half" of the rangers supporters are "a fucking disgrace" is a little harsh! thats, approx 70,000 people with the current gathering in Manchester! Thats a hell of a fight! I just hate sweeping generalisations!

Well that's a fair argument. My point was that it's naff all to do with English fans, and you shouldn't really be bringing them into the discussion, as it holds no relevance. If Greg had said 'Scottish fans are a fucking disgrace, not like us brilliant English fans who never get into trouble' then you'd be right to bring up Euro 2004. Otherwise it just reads like you're justifying the actions of the Rangers fans by pointing to someone else saying 'they were bad too'.

but "half" of them? I'm not defending violence in the slightest, just don't want a majority of rangers fans getting tarred with same brush! Was just showing another example of football violence that wasnt scottish as such.. But certainly to WarrenBarton, your mate sounds like an idiot!

he's off his lips.  I put the phone down.  I'll speak to him when he's sober.  [/dad]

Not a great conversation to have to be fair but is (hopefully) an isolated case! And, may i say, so fatherly of you!  O0 ha ha!

Strange logic there.

Well that's a fair argument. My point was that it's naff all to do with English fans, and you shouldn't really be bringing them into the discussion, as it holds no relevance. If Greg had said 'Scottish fans are a fucking disgrace, not like us brilliant English fans who never get into trouble' then you'd be right to bring up Euro 2004. Otherwise it just reads like you're justifying the actions of the Rangers fans by pointing to someone else saying 'they were bad too'.

I didn't mean to cause offence to english football supporters in general Dave but you know from my previous statement what i was trying to do! Football violence rears its ugly head from time to time and i just thought it was all being dirceted at Scottish fans, i apologise for any offence caused! lol! Not Justifying it at all tbh, just saying that a lot of peoples' clubs/ teams have all been involved in similar incidents in the past.

There was a Rangers party at one of the houses in my street. Scottish flags up everywhere but strangely no Union flags.

Fair play, the man hosting it is a Glaswegian die hard Rangers fan but the other blokes round there were Geordies who dont support Newcastle and hardly ever take any notice of the the club they 'supposedly' support.

This is the problem I have with a lot of the old firm 'support', just as many if not more glory hunting twats than the top English sides

When Zenit scored I had a quick look out the window in the hope of a wee glance of their sickened faces!!

:iamatwat:

I was walking home from work at about 9, heard half the houses around me start cheering.  Was utterly gutted an all, "wankers, fucking better no win this.  Maybe it was an equaliser."  Naturally the woman wasn't watching it when I got in, so the TV slowly turns on, whilst I'm telling her Rangers just scored.

Then, suddenly, "haha!  It was Celtic fans! Brilliant."  Uncontrolable laughter and clapping followed, along with a slow "aaah, I get you now" from the missus and she slowly joined in (comes from a Catholic family).  Joyous moment. 

Half my work went down for it, in fact, one of my mates' (who is also pregnant) boyfriend went down for it, and he doesn't even a ticket.  She's due this week. :nope: 

Totally delighted though.  I predicted to one of them last week that they'll finish the season with nowt.  Could still happen!  Come on Queen of the South! :rolleyes: :lol:

When did Allardyce take over at Rangers?

Are they really playing for penalties?

Playing for pens from the quarter finals onwards.......fair result in the end Zenit deserved to win it and i was dreading the thought of extra time.

Wonder if Big Sam was sitting with a boner for 72 mins sexy sexy football  :laugh2:

Linked with Cuellar a while back what did everyone think of him

When did Allardyce take over at Rangers?

Are they really playing for penalties?

Playing for pens from the quarter finals onwards.......fair result in the end Zenit deserved to win it and i was dreading the thought of extra time.

Wonder if Big Sam was sitting with a boner for 72 mins sexy sexy football  :laugh2:

Linked with Cuellar a while back what did everyone think of him

cuellar has looked very good in the 4 games  i've watched him in (all uefa)

I wanted Rangers to do well in this tourny and win it, but honestly, after having to sit in a bar through that match with their fans I was happy Zenit won.

Bunch of loudmouth idiots and once they go behind turn into total racist, bigots.  Scumbags man.  Wasn't even suprised when I heard a Zenit fan was stabbed after the match.

Regarding the game though, Arshavin was mint.  Let's hope we sign him.

I was walking home from work at about 9, heard half the houses around me start cheering.  Was utterly gutted an all, "wankers, fucking better no win this.  Maybe it was an equaliser."  Naturally the woman wasn't watching it when I got in, so the TV slowly turns on, whilst I'm telling her Rangers just scored.

Then, suddenly, "haha!  It was Celtic fans! Brilliant."  Uncontrolable laughter and clapping followed, along with a slow "aaah, I get you now" from the missus and she slowly joined in (comes from a Catholic family).  Joyous moment. 

Half my work went down for it, in fact, one of my mates' (who is also pregnant) boyfriend went down for it, and he doesn't even a ticket.  She's due this week. :nope: 

Totally delighted though.  I predicted to one of them last week that they'll finish the season with nowt.  Could still happen!  Come on Queen of the South! :rolleyes: :lol:

They have won the League cup already though..... Will this be taken off them if they dont win the other two? lol! :iamatwat: