UEFA Cup Final 2008 won by Zenit St. Petersburg

midds

I'm a realist Dave. I can see a lot of people on here moaning (not you btw) when we don't sign some of these players we have been linked with. I find the likes of these unrealistic to start with, so I'm not let down when things don't pan out like we want them to.

Fair enough. I wouldn't be even suggesting it if it weren't for the tenuous links in the papers though.

Anyone else imagine Owen running onto Arshavin's through ball for that first goal?  :smitten:

Nar.

Nar, me neither...since I can't ever envisage either player being in the same NUFC team at any point.

Or why would Arshavin bother coming to us perhaps?

Well aye, but I think I was (cack-handedly, I admit) trying to say that I don't think I can see Owen playing for us much longer and I don't see why Arshavin would want to come to us in any case - unless we had CL or at least UEFA cup football to offer.

Rangers fans tend to have the worst reputation, but from personal experience Celtic fans are worse from what I've encountered.

I've found the same, but then being an English footy fan I come a lot further down Ranger's List Of People to Hate than Celtic's, so I'd put it down to that rather than Rangers fans being any better.

Thought the Zenit fans were class. Not a particularly good game, but you expect that when Rangers are taking part.

I particularly liked the fact that they countered Rangers fans "Bouncy, bouncy" shenanigans with their own version

Thought the Zenit fans were class. Not a particularly good game, but you expect that when Rangers are taking part.

I particularly liked the fact that they countered Rangers fans "Bouncy, bouncy" shenanigans with their own version

Yeah, and their own version was carried out with military precision. The only thing out of sync were that lass's baps.

Yeah, and their own version was carried out with military precision. The only thing out of sync were that lass's baps.

They were surprisingly firm iyam.

A Russian fan has been stabbed outside of the stadium...:(

Sky News. Not thought to be serious but it's not a good sign.

I'm sure its nothing..infact if they didn't tell him that he got stabbed he would've probably went home had dinner and slept like a baby..

A Russian fan has been stabbed outside of the stadium...:(

Sky News. Not thought to be serious but it's not a good sign.

"A night to make Scotland proud" indeed.

Absolute fuckwits. There'll be other similar shite elsewhere before the night is through.

Just seen a reporter make the mistake of reporting live from manchester city centre,  hence a Rangers fan shoving his face in front of the camera, sticking middle fingers up and shouting "**** the manchester police! ****ing ****s! **** ****** ******!"

quality :lol:

Some snippets from the Guardian's live updates

22 min: Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... hack! Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... hoof! Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... Zenit pressure ... hack!

26 min: Ineffectual Zenit probing ... Ineffectual Zenit probing ... Ineffectual Zenit probing ... Ineffectual Zenit probing ... Ineffectual Zenit probing ... hack hoof bosh!

Looked like pretty bad riots on itv news

I was in the town centre for the duration of the game. Half of the Rangers fans are a fucking disgrace, they should be banned from Europe.

Running battles with riot police all over the place, fucking disgrace.

Got some pics on the way.

The big screen at Piccadilly Gardens went off, some people said the police turned it off, other said Rangers fans pulled the wires out, whatever caused it, the result was riots and total chaos.

thought arshavin was class, buy him keegan!!

I caught myself arshavin the other morning. Turns out I needed a new razor blade.

thought he was sh1te

He did fuck up alot of things but still, he played the killer ball for both goals.