The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye wants to go to Spain :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3726049,00.html

Andrei Arshavin says he has offers from England and Germany, but his preference is to play in Spain.

his agent is talking to one of the top spanish papers so it`s no surprise he`s told them Arshavin wants to play in Spain now.

Gutted we didn`t make any sort of concrete move for him before the Euros. He has been quoted as saying he`d be interested in us before should we have made an offer but we fanny about as usual. :(

Daily Express

Andrei Arshavin is preparing for a £10million move to the Premier League by taking English classes. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been impressed with the Russian, while Roman Abramovich would love to sign him for Chelsea.

Daily telegraph running a smiliar story

Its all about the money, howay Big Mike outbid all the fkers, he is worth it..

:D

no it's not. it's about where the player wants to go and if that club offers enough (not necessarily the most)

Guest Anth.Nufc

Facebook quote

Andrei, come to newcastle son. Look at the fans when owen, keegan and shearer came to the club. You could have that many people chanting your name when you sign, never mind 52000 people chanting every week.

well drop you a kanny wedge too !!!    :kasper: Kanny with a k and as if he is going to understand 'wedge'    oh dear!

It was always going to be tough, 1st thing we have to do though is agree a fee the club won't care where he wants to go they will just want the most money.

Setanta reporting his agent has confirmed we have made an inquiry  about him, so now GET A FEE AGREED!!!

Problem though with Wenger sniffing around him..

http://www.sportbox.tv/football/news/story.php?id=266756

We inquired about him last winter iirc.

May not be all about the money for him but it is for Zenit, if we offer say £5mill more than any other club then we will be the ones given permission to talk to him, then its up to KK to work his magic and of course Mike to offer a decent wage.

Its not all lost, yeah its a longgggg shot but its a one we have to take.

May not be all about the money for him but it is for Zenit, if we offer say £5mill more than any other club then we will be the ones given permission to talk to him, then its up to KK to work his magic and of course Mike to offer a decent wage.

if he decides he wants to go to munich for example ,even if we offer more the only question for zenit is wether to accept munichs bid.(the kewell scenario) or we offer a significantly over the top ammount (the owen scenario).

as much as i like arshavin as a player i'm not keen on playing well over the top for a 27yr old.

if he decides he wants to go to munich for example ,even if we offer more the only question for zenit is wether to accept munichs bid.(the kewell scenario) or we offer a significantly over the top ammount (the owen scenario).

as much as i like arshavin as a player i'm not keen on playing well over the top for a 27yr old.

am not saying lets be held to ransom over him, but lets give ourselves a chance of getting him, we cannot just stand back and say "oh well with clubs like Arsenal,Chelski and Byern after him we may as well not bother".

I am just trying to be positive for Dave's sake, he said the day I become negative is the day the forum closes.

:lol:

Guest BigAl2

As opposed to paying £5 - 6 million for a prospect who may or may not make the grade! Don't get me wrong we need to buy players with potential but we need to buy players that will make a difference from the start of next season and not in 2 or 3 seasons time.

Anyway as far as Arshavin is concerned the bird has flown the nest.

Barcelona are not willing to pay the wages he wants according to the papers

He is actually qouted as saying he would prefer to move to spain but hasnt got any offers there the only offers are from England and Germany

He is apparently on 60K/Week in wages and would probably demand even higher than that..And bigger clubs with CL football will probably  be sniffing around...But worth a try....