The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I were looking for a sign that nothing had changed at Newcastle, it would be you giving him 150k a week wages.

And I mean that in the most positive of senses.

That's 8 million of your English pounds a year. Five year contract, 40 million pounds on the back of a few decent UEFA Cup performances and two decent games int he European Championships.

The world has gone utterly mad if anyone forks that out.

for that reason it wont happen......2 years ago it might have.

we have been awkened to all the variables.

Honestly, I feel we shouldn't buy English players as much as possible. English players are way too over-rated. It can be observed on the world stage in International Tournaments, like the World Cup, European Cup, Champions League etc etc. Foreign players are much cheaper and talented in technical abilities. The only qualms is whether their physique is suitable for playing in the English Premier League.

However, we should definitely groom more talented youth English players either for sale of big profits or use them for our own.

Tin hat on, but I wouldn't have a problem paying him £8m a year as long as the fee wasn't much higher than £12m. I think Barca will be back in sooner or later.

Sorry mate but you are bloody desperate and quite frankly out of your mind. What on Earth has this idiot done to deserve £150,000 a week from Newcastle United? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!!

You are happy to make this guy who is obviously some sort of egotistical maniac and one of the most probable mercenaries if ever I saw one, one of the highest paid players in the premiership?!

I'm sorry but this statement of yours is both infuriating and bewildering. This is real life and not a video game. You pay the top players in the world this sort of money. Players who are guaranteed to produce and who do so game in and game out wherever and whenever. You can in no way justify this s**** and I find this sort of neediness disgusting.

Just go and support Chelsea why don't you. I'm sick and tired of your sort waiting for these senseless and grossly irresponsible signings and whinging about Ashley because he isn't doing an Abramovich. Just clear off. Thank God he has more sense than the lot of you combined.

he already said he was talking about Barcelona, not Newastle

bloody hell :D

Oh ... apologies if so, but man a red mist just descended upon me after I read that and I was vexed.

I'm just sick of all the moaning Chelsea wannabes. It's embarrassing. Support Chelsea and the problem is solved right?

Bunch of f***ing losers on here I tell you.

In my view we have a very sensible owner who genuinely seems to have what looks like a bloody impressive vision for the club. So far he has done nothing wrong and hasn't even had one season with his own manager and players at the club and all this complaining. Does my head in. At least wait till he fails, which I doubt will happen.

:D

I meant Barca though ;)

Yep, move on. The problem with waiting after the Euro's is that a couple of decent performances and the value can double. Realistically we would have to come in at £18m and given his high wages at Zenit would probably need to pay £80/£90K a week to attract him as we're not in Europe.

Quite rightly, that's too big a risk for someone who might not make it in the Premier League. If we had swooped before the Euros before other clubs were interested then it may have been worth a risk at a lower fee and with lower wages - but anyone who thinks that Zenit would have sold before the Euros knowing that a host of bigger clubs were looking at him to see how he performed in the big games is kidding themsevles.

At least this shows that we are looking at the right players, if it wasn't for the tournament this summer then he might have been attainable before the CL clubs interest increased.

Guest elbee909

"However, Lachter insists Arshavin would only consider a club which can provide UEFA Champions League football.

"Andrei would like to play in the Premier League but he will not accept an offer from clubs like Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa," Lachter said in the Daily Telegraph.

"There are only four British clubs he would play for and they are in the Champions League. It's not about money, it's about a team and professional ambition. "

End of thread.

"However, Lachter insists Arshavin would only consider a club which can provide UEFA Champions League football.

"Andrei would like to play in the Premier League but he will not accept an offer from clubs like Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa," Lachter said in the Daily Telegraph.

"There are only four British clubs he would play for and they are in the Champions League. It's not about money, it's about a team and professional ambition. "

End of thread.

He would only play for Barcelona yesterday.

He'll be lowering his cut-off criteria by the day

Arshavin close to English talks

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3792421,00.html

Russia playmaker 'likely' to secure Premier League negotiations

The agent of Zenit St Petersburg star Andrei Arshavin has revealed that he expects the playmaker to travel to England for transfer discussions.

Arshavin impressed at Euro 2008 with Russia to place himself on the radar of a host of European clubs and Spanish giants Barcelona had a second offer of 15million euros (£12m) turned down on Monday.

And while Arshavin's agent, Dennis Lachter, is adamant the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea have yet to make an official approach, he has stated that he expects the 27-year-old to be heading to the Premier League for negotiations.

However, Lachter insists Arshavin would only consider a club which can provide UEFA Champions League football.

Ambition

"There are only four British clubs he would play for and they are in the Champions League. It's not about money, it's about a team and professional ambition.

"Zenit is negotiating with several clubs. We are now waiting for a phone call from Zenit president Alexander Dyukov to allow us to negotiate his personal terms with one of them. It's most likely he will be heading for England."

But Lachter has said that any interested club will need to double Barca's bid and table an offer of around £24million to prise the playmaker away from Zenit.

"It's going to be a very big transfer," Lachter added. "Zenit will definitely not accept an offer of less than 30million euros (£23.8m).

"They are owned by Gazprom, who are one of the biggest oil companies in the world, so they can afford not to sell him cheaply."

Who the fuck is he coming to talk to then?

I reckon Chelsea.

RA will have his Russian player worthy of a Chelsea 1st team spot, and can live happily ever after in moneyland.

I reckon Chelsea.

RA will have his Russian player worthy of a Chelsea 1st team spot, and can live happily ever after in moneyland.

Do they need him though? Got plenty of attacking midfield options, and Lampard isn't leaving either. Only them and Man Utd could afford the money Zenit are talking about like.

I reckon Chelsea.

Do they need him though? Got plenty of attacking midfield options, and Lampard isn't leaving either. Only them and Man Utd could afford the money Zenit are talking about like.

When has that stopped Chelsea buying players?

Wenger thinks he's too slight and won't pay that fee for anyone.

Manu would only go for him if they sell C. Ronaldo

Liverpool cannot afford that kind of gamble.

Its only Chelsea for me if he wants CL football in England.

Hopefully he takes a long time to adapt and fails miserably in his first season with Chelski. We can then nip in and sign him for a reasonable price next season and he goes on to lift the FA Cup with us after he gets adjusted to the Premiership  :pow:

Guest elbee909

End of thread.

He would only play for Barcelona yesterday.

He'll be lowering his cut-off criteria by the day

"Arshavin signs for Sunderland"

Guest Phil K

Forget him.

I think the silly lads pricing himself out of a new club

Shades of umpteen English players who believe they're better than they are.

(*cough* Lampard *cough*)

Guest Sniffer

If you don't rate lampard then you certainly don't rate any midfield players at Newcastle. He's streets ahead of anything we have.

Talk about English players overating themselves what about our foreign contingent?

Forget him.

I think the silly lads pricing himself out of a new club

Shades of umpteen English players who believe they're better than they are.

(*cough* Lampard *cough*)

The clubs set the price....

I agree however Arsenal, Liverpool, Barca, Chelsea, Man Utd ect won't be paying anywhere near the £23 million Zenit are demanding.

If the reports were true that Keegan had the £16-18 million package for Modric then the club might well be in a position that they can offer the nearest to what Zenit want.

For Keegan its the Modric/Arshavin type of signing he needs to spire head his 4-3-3/diamond system in my opinion if it is going to be the long term formation.

If Chelsea sign Arshavin they will surely look to sell SWP, wouldn't they? Not that we need a right winger now, but he'd make a good signing. Would be really aware of Pompey next season if they were to lay hands on him and Crouch now.

Guest MaetihS

What is so surprising? Like i said before, we will never be able to attract players of his quality. Close this thread and move on. No point harping on a player who will never ever join us. we can admire his quality but thats it.

What is so surprising? Like i said before, we will never be able to attract players of his quality. Close this thread and move on. No point harping on a player who will never ever join us. we can admire his quality but thats it.

Is he really all that good though? Hyped to the max, yes.

Is he really all that good though? Hyped to the max, yes.

Is he fuck. We're just THAT shit, dur.