The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

no chance will spuds go for him.

with modric and dos santos they dont need him.

He can play in the hole just behind the striker and if Berbs leaves I can see them bidding for him.

He can play in the hole just behind the striker and if Berbs leaves I can see them bidding for him.

Especially if they can shift Keane on too. :nods:

Guest Deep456

Especially if they can shift Keane on too. :nods:

Arshavin and Bent will be good.

Arshavin Cools Arsenal Rumours

The latest comments from Andrei Arshavin suggest that reports that he has his heart set on joining Arsenal were either exaggerated or altogether false.

The Daily Mirror quoted the agent of the Zenit St Petersburg star as saying that his client is "desperate" to sign for the London side, but the player himself came across as decidedly less enthused about the prospect when pressed on the rumours by Sport Weekend.

"I have nothing to say about this," said Arshavin, who is currently stuck in limbo at Zenit.

"There is nothing specific about my future to report," he added, before insisting that he will continue to give his full efforts to his Russian side until his future is resolved.

Barcelona is known to be his top favourite destination, but he suggested that he, too, was disappointed by their last and perhaps final bid.

"I agree that €15 million (£12 million) was too little, and in this respect understand the decision of the club (not to accept it)," he concluded.

Arsenal are reported to have offered £19m for the creative forward - much closer to Zenit's £24m valuation of the 27-year-old.

"I agree that €15 million (£12 million) was too little, and in this respect understand the decision of the club (not to accept it)," he concluded.

What a wanker. :lol:

What a w*****. :lol:

He really does come across as a right c***, a total and utter knob... I hope ne fker buys him.

What a w*****. :lol:

He really does come across as a right c***, a total and utter knob... I hope ne fker buys him.

I hope we do :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3817519,00.html

Zenit - No PL Arshavin bids

Russian club reject claims of £19million bid from English side

Zenit St Petersburg have told Sky Sports News that they have not received any enquiries from a Premier League club about the availability of Andrei Arshavin.

The Russia international is expected to leave Petrovsky Stadium this summer following his impressive form at Euro 2008.

Barcelona are known to be keen on the playmaker, however they recently had a £12million offer turned down by Zenit.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have all been linked with Arshavin, and it was claimed by the player's agent, Dennis Lachter, that an unnamed English club had failed with a £19million bid for his services.

But Zenit have denied the reports, insisting that a side from England's top-flight has yet to make an enquiry.

On Monday, the 27-year-old's agent, Lachter, told Sky Sports News that a move to Arsenal could prove tempting for the diminutive forward.

However, Zenit's rumoured asking price of £24million may put off any potential suitors.

Zenit St Petersburg are asking for over for £16m for Andrei Arshavin. (1020 BST, BBC Sport)

Would anyone be happy to see us offer that for him? Assuming he'd come of course, which appears doubtful.

Zenit St Petersburg are asking for over for £16m for Andrei Arshavin. (1020 BST, BBC Sport)

Would anyone be happy to see us offer that for him? Assuming he'd come of course, which appears doubtful.

I actually would. We need someone of his quality to elevate not just the playing staff but also the morale surrounding the club in general.

Definitely. He's just the kind of player we need, IMO, seems extremely talented and would probably thrive under Keegan. If we could get him for under £20m, I think he'd be worth it.

I actually would. We need someone of his quality to elevate not just the playing staff but also the morale surrounding the club in general.

I'd go with that too. Wouldn't want to see us pay much more than that £16m though, more seems a bit excessive to me for some reason.

Hmmmmmmmm a couple of weeks ago I would have said yes he is worth it, BUT now after all the Barca and other press shite from him and his agent then I say NO.

I reckon he has all the making of another Dyer but maybe brining bigger problems, he seems to be a bit of a prick and have we not had enough of those kind of players?