The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should bid £15m just to see how far we get. Surely worth a try.

if we had that much to spare then fair enough but i wouldn't pay that much on a player who,because of his age you'll get little back in 3 years . i think that is what is keeping most away. if he was 23 he may well have went for that price.

Tin hat on, but I wouldn't have a problem paying him £8m a year as long as the fee wasn't much higher than £12m. I think Barca will be back in sooner or later.

And Zenit are likely to accept our 12 million squids after turning down the same amount from Barcelona because...?  :idiot2:

Because we're not direct competition.  How crappy would Zenit feel if they were paired against Barca in the CL and Arshavin tore Zenit apart?  They'd rather sell to someone who isn't in direct competition with them to be honest, especially if we're going to pay the same transfer fee as Barca.

If Peter Crouch is worth £10M, surely Arshavin is worth £20M

Switch their nationalities and what happens to the price tags?

why does this happen for english players...not like the nationality quota thing is in again.

why does this happen for english players...not like the nationality quota thing is in again.

I have absolutely no idea is the honest answer mate! :dontknow:

It's the same when a club goes into the Championship for a young player - the asking price is extortionate for some reason. The value of English players is just absurd atm. I rate Gareth Barry, but £20m??  ???

Arshavin £25m, Crouch £5m?

I think Crouch's price would half at least and, if Barry = £20m, then the selling club would want £30m if Arshavin was English.

Ridiculous numbers and they wouldn't get 30 but that's what they'd want imo.

Tin hat on, but I wouldn't have a problem paying him £8m a year as long as the fee wasn't much higher than £12m. I think Barca will be back in sooner or later.

Sorry mate but you are bloody desperate and quite frankly out of your mind. What on Earth has this idiot done to deserve £150,000 a week from Newcastle United? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!!

You are happy to make this guy who is obviously some sort of egotistical maniac and one of the most probable mercenaries if ever I saw one, one of the highest paid players in the premiership?!

I'm sorry but this statement of yours is both infuriating and bewildering. This is real life and not a video game. You pay the top players in the world this sort of money. Players who are guaranteed to produce and who do so game in and game out wherever and whenever. You can in no way justify this shite and I find this sort of neediness disgusting.

Just go and support Chelsea why don't you. I'm sick and tired of your sort waiting for these senseless and grossly irresponsible signings and whinging about Ashley because he isn't doing an Abramovich. Just clear off. Thank God he has more sense than the lot of you combined.

Sorry mate but you are bloody desperate and quite frankly out of your mind. What on Earth has this idiot done to deserve £150,000 a week from Newcastle United? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!!

You are happy to make this guy who is obviously some sort of egotistical maniac and one of the most probable mercenaries if ever I saw one, one of the highest paid players in the premiership?!

I'm sorry but this statement of yours is both infuriating and bewildering. This is real life and not a video game. You pay the top players in the world this sort of money. Players who are guaranteed to produce and who do so game in and game out wherever and whenever. You can in no way justify this shite and I find this sort of neediness disgusting.

Just go and support Chelsea why don't you. I'm sick and tired of your sort waiting for these senseless and grossly irresponsible signings and whinging about Ashley because he isn't doing an Abramovich. Just clear off. Thank God he has more sense than the lot of you combined.

:lol:

:lol:

:laugh:

I'm sorry but this statement of yours is both infuriating and bewildering. This is real life and not a video game. You pay the top players in the world this sort of money. Players who are guaranteed to produce and who do so game in and game out wherever and whenever. You can in no way justify this s**** and I find this sort of neediness disgusting.

he already said he was talking about Barcelona, not Newcastle

bloody hell :D

I'm sorry but this statement of yours is both infuriating and bewildering. This is real life and not a video game. You pay the top players in the world this sort of money. Players who are guaranteed to produce and who do so game in and game out wherever and whenever. You can in no way justify this s**** and I find this sort of neediness disgusting.

he already said he was talking about Barcelona, not Newastle

Oh ... apologies if so, but man a red mist just descended upon me after I read that and I was vexed.

I'm just sick of all the moaning Chelsea wannabes. It's embarrassing. Support Chelsea and the problem is solved right?

Bunch of f***ing losers on here I tell you.

In my view we have a very sensible owner who genuinely seems to have what looks like a bloody impressive vision for the club. So far he has done nothing wrong and hasn't even had one season with his own manager and players at the club and all this complaining. Does my head in. At least wait till he fails, which I doubt will happen.

he already said he was talking about Barcelona, not Newastle

In my view we have a very sensible owner who genuinely seems to have what looks like a bloody impressive vision for the club. So far he has done nothing wrong and hasn't even had one season with his own manager and players at the club and all this complaining. Does my head in. At least wait till he fails, which I doubt will happen.

for what its worth i agree with this bit

If I were looking for a sign that nothing had changed at Newcastle, it would be you giving him 150k a week wages.

And I mean that in the most positive of senses.

That's 8 million of your English pounds a year. Five year contract, 40 million pounds on the back of a few decent UEFA Cup performances and two decent games int he European Championships.

The world has gone utterly mad if anyone forks that out.