Evans To TOON?

Crumpy Gunt

This one has made a comeback, courtesy of todays Sun....

KEVIN KEEGAN is ready to get right up Roy Keane’s nose — by making a move for Manchester United’s Jonny Evans.

Northern Ireland defender Evans, 19, was a smash hit at Sunderland last season during his second loan spell with the Mackems but has since returned to Old Trafford.

Boss Alex Ferguson is an admirer but the teen knows he will struggle to break into the United first team.

King Kev will try to tempt Evans to St James’ Park with a lucrative deal to keep him away from Wearside.

The Toon are also keeping tabs on former Arsenal strike star Julio Baptista.

The Brazilian is not wanted by Real Madrid and has snubbed approaches from Blackburn and Spurs.

Magpies offered ‘Beast of Seville’

Jun 28 2008 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

Julio Baptista

OFFERED bit different the trying to sign him ,got to love The Sun .

NEWCASTLE United have been offered Real Madrid attacking midfielder Julio Baptista as they continue their efforts to make a breakthrough in the transfer market.

The 26-year-old Brazilian has been deemed surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu after losing his place last season, and Newcastle are among a clutch of English clubs who have been alerted to his availability.

With Joey Barton’s future still far from certain the club are on the look out for midfield reinforcements, and Baptista certainly boasts a CV to match any of the players they realistically will be able to tempt to St James’s Park.

United can expect plenty of competition if they do decide to take up their interest, with Baptista already offered to Tottenham – who turned down the chance to take him to White Hart Lane – and Blackburn, who are interested but would struggle to cover the cost of his personal terms. The player’s representatives are also looking for a new club in Italy, with Roma and Fiorentina among the interested parties in Serie A. Newcastle’s link to any deal comes in the form of technical director Jeff Vetere, who has maintained links with Real from his time working for the club as a scout.

And while United’s manager is yet to sanction a move for the man once dubbed ‘the beast of Seville’, he is understood to be a credible target as they look to add quality to a perilously thin squad.

When Keegan set out his criteria for new signings at the end of the season he pinpointed Premier League experience as one of the key requirements – and Baptista has that from the season he spent on loan at Arsenal.

Baptista enjoyed mixed fortunes in North London, failing to earn himself a regular place in the Gunnners team and eventually returned to Madrid.

But despite some teething troubles in England, he showed signs that he was beginning to adapt to the Premier League by the end of his short spell at Arsenal – and still managed to score ten goals in 35 games for the Gunners.

He did so well at convincing me he's an "ITK" until now.

Suppose him and "jonno" will talk about it later.

fuk me, do i need to upload fotos? or show u his name on my leavers shirt wiv a message frm him?

Haven't you said before you are a solicitor or you are studying law? :lol:

I wuldnt want u reprezenting me if u r.

hahahaha I felt inclined to defend him : )

Solicitors, lawyers and law students are also human beings. It's just another profession from our point of view.

When we are too formal or serious in our casual day to day life (i.e. speaking to friends, posting on forums, smsing, msning etc), some people will complain that we are being too serious. On the contrary, when we try to blend in with the crowd and be casual, informal, some people will react like what you just did : )

It's really difficult to satisfy everybody. However, what we do know is work is work. End of the day, as long as we get our work professionally done, that is all that matters : )

With regard to Evans, I've watched him played a few times and I think he has potential in him. It all depends on the transfer fee demanded I guess.

Guest Jawesome

Cant see Keegan pairing Evans and Taylor with so if this was true which one would miss out?

Both.  Faye and Cacapa are better at the minute.

Cant see Keegan pairing Evans and Taylor with so if this was true which one would miss out?

Both.  Faye and Cacapa are better at the minute.

I disagree. Faye and Taylor were forming a useful looking partnership towards the end of the season, and Cacapa looks as though he hasn't had any self-belief ever since 'that' game. I think he's got a lot of ability, don't think he'll ever make much of an impact here though.

Baptista? Can't complain about that.

Had no idea he was only 26.

I can, he was average at best in this league, his last good spell was about 4 seasons ago, and with him being a whinge about the weather then i'd rather look elsewhere. He'd also want more money than his talent is worth.

Baptista? Can't complain about that.

Had no idea he was only 26.

I can, he was average at best in this league, his last good spell was about 4 seasons ago, and with him being a whinge about the weather then i'd rather look elsewhere. He'd also want more money than his talent is worth.

:lol: Well then the hell with it. Get your boots on, Alan. You're a midfielder tonight.

Guest Sniffer

It's so obvious that it has probably been overlooked.

A direct swop, Evans for ameobi. Manure are desperate for a new striker to go with Tevez and Rooney. Remember that good game he had four of five years ago.........

I'd like us to sign Evans tbh. Good prospect who's looked better than Taylor; also with that crucial sell-on value. [/Ashley]

He wouldn't improve the back four straight away, but it doesn't actually need an awful lot of improvement atm. It could do with a bit more depth though which is what Evans would represent, with the potential to improve the backline in a couple of years' time.

Would be happy if we signed him. :thup:

It'll push cacapa out of the door with a bit of luck.

He'd be the best fourth choice centre-back we've ever had.

Caçapa gets too much grief off some people. Faye/Taylor looked pretty useful at the end of the season there; but the Faye/Caçapa partnership earlier on looked better than the former ever has.

Guest Sniffer

Rozenhal looked good.......earlier on.

Cacapa is a liability and pompey is just waiting to happen again with him.

Guest Heneage

I think its shocking how one bad day ruined Cacapa, prior to that he was arguably best defender we'd had since Woodgate.

I think its shocking how one bad day ruined Cacapa, prior to that he was arguably best defender we'd had since Woodgate.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Not all that difficult a standard to aspire to tbh.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Not all that difficult a standard to aspire to tbh.

I'd rather have Bramble, at least he had one stand out quality, Cacapa failed at everything while he was here.

Slow

Weak

Shit in the air

Crap positioning

Can't tackle

Indecisive

Inconsistent

Injury prone

Old

Mentally weak

He has nothing going for him, nothing.

Crap positioning? Can't say I agree with that at all.

He was terrible.

The amount of times he'd leave gaps at the back in the most basic attacks were just about comical.

But he is Brazilian and played for Lyon so he must be good.  mackems.gif

Crap positioning? Can't say I agree with that at all.

He was terrible.

The amount of times he'd leave gaps at the back in the most basic attacks were just about comical.

Going to disagree on that completely. His positioning and reading of the game were top notch as far as I'm concerned.