Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

What people have to realise is that many players come to the EPL and join "smaller clubs" in the hope the big 4 will take notice and step in with a bid after a couple of years.  Players might join Everton over us because they are in the city of Liverpool and they hope playing in Liverpool will increase their chances of joining a "top" club Like Liverpool with a proven European pedigree.  The same goes for players joining Spurs.  Given the chance they would prefer to join Arsenal or Chelsea but, as with Everton, these players reason that playing in the "big city" may bring them to the attention of Chelsea and Arsenal.  We simply do not fit into that category which is why we lose out unless we are prepared to pay inflated fees and top dollar in wages.

Started off quite promisingly then collapsed into a big fat mess.

With the amount of coverage the premiership gets you think they will only be noticed by these teams if they play in the same city?

Get real dude.

Just playing in the premiership gets you noticed all over the world moreso than in any other league.

Valencia and Palacios at Wigan have gotten incredible exposure by being  at Wigan. Zarate has only been at Birmingham a couple of months and has already created significant buzz with hardly anyone even knowing who he was beforehand.

Yes, but who had heard of them before they joined Wigan/Birmingham, they were relatively unkown and have proved themselves there and are attracting attention from the top clubs.  Surely, we are after quality players who don't need to join the likes of Wigan/Birmingham to prove they have what it takes!

All I am saying is foreign players look at a map of England and think "sacre bleu" Newcastle is miles and miles away from London, Manchester and Liverpool where the top teams in England play.  Why should I go to that far flung outpost of football when I can join Spurs, Everton or even Man City and attract the attention of the big city media to get a big money move.

Am i reading this right? You think the players wil move to Everton so that they have a bigger chance of getting to move to Liverpool? do you think Everton have a big history of selling there bettr players to there biggest rivals??

I hope i am wrong for our sake. Lets see....my views also based from comments from the football world in France. No one in France thinks we are a big club....yes one french international player did mention in a magazine clubs he like to join in England and it does not include us but Spurs and Everton!!!!!! Lets stop the bantering as eventually we will see who is right. My feel is that if Spurs and Arsenal or the big wigs arent in for these players, they will rather stay put than join us . Lets see then.

Wow I missed a "lets put ourselves down, because none of the media or other football fans ever do that" thread again.

That aside, your last comment is complete bollocks. The money they can make in the PL is a much bigger draw than potentially winning a bit of silver in a crap league like the French one. I can confidently say that just about every player in that league would jump at the chance of earning millions in the EPL, yes they would prefer to play for one of the more successful clubs but they'll not turn down the opportunity to increase their earnings and raise their profile by turning out for one of the 'lesser lights'.

What people have to realise is that many players come to the EPL and join "smaller clubs" in the hope the big 4 will take notice and step in with a bid after a couple of years.  Players might join Everton over us because they are in the city of Liverpool and they hope playing in Liverpool will increase their chances of joining a "top" club Like Liverpool with a proven European pedigree.  The same goes for players joining Spurs.  Given the chance they would prefer to join Arsenal or Chelsea but, as with Everton, these players reason that playing in the "big city" may bring them to the attention of Chelsea and Arsenal.  We simply do not fit into that category which is why we lose out unless we are prepared to pay inflated fees and top dollar in wages.

Started off quite promisingly then collapsed into a big fat mess.

With the amount of coverage the premiership gets you think they will only be noticed by these teams if they play in the same city?

Get real dude.

Just playing in the premiership gets you noticed all over the world moreso than in any other league.

Valencia and Palacios at Wigan have gotten incredible exposure by being  at Wigan. Zarate has only been at Birmingham a couple of months and has already created significant buzz with hardly anyone even knowing who he was beforehand.

Yes, but who had heard of them before they joined Wigan/Birmingham, they were relatively unkown and have proved themselves there and are attracting attention from the top clubs.  Surely, we are after quality players who don't need to join the likes of Wigan/Birmingham to prove they have what it takes!

All I am saying is foreign players look at a map of England and think "sacre bleu" Newcastle is miles and miles away from London, Manchester and Liverpool where the top teams in England play.  Why should I go to that far flung outpost of football when I can join Spurs, Everton or even Man City and attract the attention of the big city media to get a big money move.

Lord please give me strength!

If any player feels they would want to join a team for the sole purpose of proving themsekves to bigger clubs then they are just as likely to join Newcastle as they are Everton or Spurs.

If players on teams like Wigan are being noticed then of course a player at Newcastle would get noticed also. What the hell do you think Newcastle is? Some backstreet, underground hideout? You are clearly very confused.

You do not have to be in a big city to get noticed. Besides your whole argument is just silly and you are tiring me out. If you cannot understand this little bit I have just written then just forget about it. We can talk about it at the end of the window.

There's some pretty bizarre opinions in here, you'd think we're a first division club the way some of you go on.  Also MaetihS please stop it with the french anacdotes ok..

"I read some players quotes in a magazine and he wanted to join Spurs or Everton so Newcastle can't compete"...

"This idiot french ponce on TV laughed and told us not to bother making a bid for Gomis because he's a player for the big 4".

"My wife says this player would rather fist himself then join Newcastle.."

Enough please

No offence meant but you're just posting scraps of negative crap from the media and opinions of your wife, correct me if I'm wrong but she doesn't actually know any of these players does she?

Guest MaetihS

Very upsetting that some fans can dish out personal attacks in response to views. Lets see then...only time will tell. A fan i am but i am not as deluded as some out there who thinks that we are a big club that the likes of Modric, Gomis will jump to join us. I am not saying being deluded is wrong but saying that no matter how deluded a fan is on his club, one shall not engage in personal attacks just because views differ. Show some class which i am sure most of NUFC fans can do...just pointing out to the miniority few out there. Cheers  ;D

Guest MaetihS

There's some pretty bizarre opinions in here, you'd think we're a first division club the way some of you go on.  Also MaetihS please stop it with the french anacdotes ok..

"I read some players quotes in a magazine and he wanted to join Spurs or Everton so Newcastle can't compete"...

"This idiot french ponce on TV laughed and told us not to bother making a bid for Gomis because he's a player for the big 4".

Enough please

No offence meant but you're just posting scraps of negative crap from the media and opinions of your wife, correct me if I'm wrong but she doesn't actually know any of these players does she?

Pls quote properly.....

Very upsetting that some fans can dish out personal attacks in response to views. Lets see then...only time will tell. A fan i am but i am not as deluded as some out there who thinks that we are a big club that the likes of Modric, Gomis will jump to join us. I am not saying being deluded is wrong but saying that no matter how deluded a fan is on his club, one shall not engage in personal attacks just because views differ. Show some class which i am sure most of NUFC fans can do...just pointing out to the miniority few out there. Cheers  ;D

Ok, so everyone who doesn't rate our club as something lower than swamp life is deluded.

No one is saying here that we are the biggest draw in football, they are just pointing out that we can still offer potential signings something.

And BTW showing class is not putting the team you supposedly support (and I have my doubts on that) down at every conceivable opportunity. If we don't talk ourselves up, who the hell will, the media ??

You do seem to have a negative outlook.

Is that why your username is (almost) 'Shit team' backwards?

Is that why your username is (almost) 's*** team' backwards?

Or he might have forgotten to add an I to th front of his user name, giving him a reverse name of: Shite am I.

One key point I think some are missing out on is that we have Emre. The guy has cult status in Turkey or in Gala at least where Turan is based. Emre could be used to our advantage in a swap deal as he's in demand or as a pulling factor in that Turan has a possible idol and fellow countryman at the club. So because of this we certainly have the upper hand in this particular deal over the likes of Everton and Blackburn.

Guest MaetihS

Ok, so everyone who doesn't rate our club as something lower than swamp life is deluded.

No one is saying here that we are the biggest draw in football, they are just pointing out that we can still offer potential signings something.

And BTW showing class is not putting the team you supposidly support (and I have my doubts on that) down at every convieable opportunity. If we don't talk ourselves up, who the hell will, the media ??

If u see my past posts, i am a fan and pls do not doubt that. So u mean insulting other people's wives and personal attacks are showing class while honest opinion (negative or positive) of your favourite things be it sports, football, clubs etc are showing no class..... this is getting silly. So if i say my favourite player Shearer is slow in his later playing career, i am showing no class and that i am not a fan??????? In my posts, i never say it is wrong being deluded and talking ourselves up...just pointing out a fact and views coming out from France cos i stayed there most of the time. I rarely post about views on linked players and such unless i know what i am talking about; followed French football as much as English football for the past 10 years. I can say i watch PSG matches as much as Newcastle ones cos my wife is a big PSG fan. If you disagree, fine, no need to attack,football is about different opinions. I am a fan...yes disappointed in the current quality of our squad...so!!! i am still shouting myself hoarse whether watching at the stadium or via TV especially when i am overseas. At the end of the day, I am a fan who recognize that we cannot attract the first second tier of talents while other fans do not...but thats people's views. If you want to talk us up...no problem; you are an optimist while i am a realist.

And BTW showing class is not putting the team you supposidly support (and I have my doubts on that) down at every convieable opportunity. If we don't talk ourselves up, who the hell will, the media ??

If u see my past posts, i am a fan and pls do not doubt that. So u mean insulting other people's wives and personal attacks are showing class while honest opinion (negative or positive) of your favourite things be it sports, football, clubs etc are showing no class..... this is getting silly. So if i say my favourite player Shearer is slow in his later playing career, i am showing no class and that i am not a fan??????? In my posts, i never say it is wrong being deluded and talking ourselves up...just pointing out a fact and views coming out from France cos i stayed there most of the time. I rarely post about views on linked players and such unless i know what i am talking about; followed French football as much as English football for the past 10 years. I can say i watch PSG matches as much as Newcastle ones cos my wife is a big PSG fan. If you disagree, fine, no need to attack,football is about different opinions. I am a fan...yes disappointed in the current quality of our squad...so!!! i am still shouting myself hoarse whether watching at the stadium or via TV especially when i am overseas. At the end of the day, I am a fan who recognize that we cannot attract the first second tier of talents while other fans do not...but thats people's views. If you want to talk us up...no problem; you are an optimist while i am a realist.

Mackem WUM tbh ;P

Guest MaetihS

Wow...you are very sharp. Yes been disappointed with team for many years. Also, since Shearer retired lost a hero to worship, but I reckon Martins is gonna be my new hero. Been a while since i look forward to see a newcastle footballer play other than Shearer. Miss the Ginolas and Beardsies, Yes been very disappointed for ages and yes i can be pretty negative. But also the first to shout and dance if we win:)

Wow...you are very sharp. Yes been disappointed with team for many years. Also, since Shearer retired lost a hero to worship, but I reckon Martins is gonna be my new hero. Been a while since i look forward to see a newcastle footballer play other than Shearer. Miss the Ginolas and Beardsies, Yes been very disappointed for ages and yes i can be pretty negative. But also the first to shout and dance if we win:)

We being Sunderland :)

Enough please

Pls quote properly.....

To be clear I was paraphrasing just as an example of the kind of things you'd mentioned, didn't mean to say you said those things exactly :)

Guest MaetihS

Not really read this thread in detail but I love how our standing in French football is now of importance. What next, the Scottish league? It's f***ing s*** man.

Why not??? if we think within our realm, we will never improve. Football is about the world and not about our city alone, wonder why the likes of Pool, Man U and even Spurs and believe it or not Leeds are more popular than us. It upsets me when i go to places like China and Singapore and they are not very familiar with the Newcastle name. They only know it as Shearer's club who is basically not very good. Anyway, its a chain reaction, if we are really no good and stay as over-rans, our standing be it Scotland or France will dwindle and that is negative as far as i am concerned. In a way, its a measurement of our success and progress as a football team.

Guest MaetihS

We being Sunderland :)

I hope that is a joke otherwise  this is sickening and sad:)

Not really read this thread in detail but I love how our standing in French football is now of importance. What next, the Scottish league? It's f***ing s*** man.

Why not??? if we think within our realm, we will never improve. Football is about the world and not about our city alone, wonder why the likes of Pool, Man U and even Spurs and believe it or not Leeds are more popular than us. It upsets me when i go to places like China and Singapore and they are not very familiar with the Newcastle name. They only know it as Shearer's club who is basically not very good. Anyway, its a chain reaction, if we are really no good and stay as over-rans, our standing be it Scotland or France will dwindle and that is negative as far as i am concerned. In a way, its a measurement of our success and progress as a football team.

weird as wherever i've been in europe newcastle is at least as popular as spurs,more than everton and leeds don't even get on the radar.

you are on the wind up.

Dude I hate to break it to you but you are extremely deluded but in a different way.

You are basically reverse deluded. Your rating of Newcastle is so low your just as deluded as those you claim rate Newcastle too highly.

Basically your just as nuts as you think they are.

Guest MaetihS

weird as wherever i've been in europe newcastle is at least as popular as spurs,more than everton and leeds don't even get on the radar.

you are on the wind up.

I am talking about Asia. As for France, our name is dwindling.....yes Spurs and Newcastle are just as well known perhaps but most will think Spurs as a better club with bigger potential. Like in France, people start to think St Entienne as a club who is going in the right direction while PSG a bigger name, but going southwards. Most rising stars in France will want to go play for growing clubs and not one like us which is going south in their views unless paid loads.