Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Do you ever stop?  I've been trying to ignore you but I just can't any longer.  Why on earth would an agent who is also the owner of the selling club ignore a much higher bid from us and take a lower one from the Spuds?  Especially before the Euro's when more clubs would be likely to come in.  Because they care about Modric and its his dream to play for the Spuds? :lol:  You're looking at everything in the most negative way possible regardless of how illogical it is.

I thought both our bids are accepted and Modric choose to move to Spurs for lower wages. KK said that right? This is a move based on what Modric wants, of course they care about what he wants or a deal will never be done.

Mamic brothers chose to move to Spurs.

Guest MaetihS

MaetihS, what big-name signings has Everton beaten us to?

I have never said Everton beat us to any. i say the likes of Spurs and Everton will beat us to a signing if we are the other contender unless we paid that players loads, even now, money seems not to work as like Modric and Woodgate cases.

As i say only time will tell. If the player is desperate to join us, even if Spurs offer is accepted, u think not his agent will feedback to us and put a similar bid cos his client prefers us. think abt it

Think about it?, make you need to think about it.  For the final time the people selling the player (the club owner) and his agent are one and the same.  Do you not see how that would not particularly favour the player and his wants and needs?..

By the way, nobody has claimed Modric was desperate to join us, just that there's nothing to suggest he ever turned us down or held out for a move to the Spuds.  In fact the evidence suggests he had little say in his transfer

...nowadays, players are smart and also ambitious, it is not all abt the selling club dedicting the play. The player in fact has a major say. They would not just move to a club just because the bid is accepted, knowing his preferred club is just short of a few million of the accepted price.

A lot of players do have plenty of power in there transfers.  Big names with effective agents and especially if they're reaching the ends of there contracts.  However a young player who is owned by two brothers and represented by one of the two brothers is not in this kind of position.  Modric himself said he was suprised when he was phone and told he was moving to Spuds.  Does that sound like a player who was a big part of the transfer?..

Guest MaetihS

Do you ever stop?  I've been trying to ignore you but I just can't any longer.  Why on earth would an agent who is also the owner of the selling club ignore a much higher bid from us and take a lower one from the Spuds?  Especially before the Euro's when more clubs would be likely to come in.  Because they care about Modric and its his dream to play for the Spuds? :lol:  You're looking at everything in the most negative way possible regardless of how illogical it is.

OK i shall stop. Let time tell us whether we can sign such player; if so, i gladly post that i am a big jerk and negative sob and that i should have be positive and confidence in the NUFC franchise. Right now, i feel i am a realist, yes maybe a bit negative, but definitely not without reasons.

Guest MaetihS

As i say only time will tell. If the player is desperate to join us, even if Spurs offer is accepted, u think not his agent will feedback to us and put a similar bid cos his client prefers us. think abt it

Think about it?, make you need to think about it.  For the final time the people selling the player (the club owner) and his agent are one and the same.  Do you not see how that would not particularly favour the player and his wants and needs?..

By the way, nobody has claimed Modric was desperate to join us, just that there's nothing to suggest he ever turned us down or held out for a move to the Spuds.  In fact the evidence suggests he had little say in his transfer

...nowadays, players are smart and also ambitious, it is not all abt the selling club dedicting the play. The player in fact has a major say. They would not just move to a club just because the bid is accepted, knowing his preferred club is just short of a few million of the accepted price.

A lot of players do have plenty of power in there transfers.  Big names with effective agents and especially if they're reaching the ends of there contracts.  However a young player who is owned by two brothers and represented by one of the two brothers is not in this kind of position.  Modric himself said he was suprised when he was phone and told he was moving to Spuds.  Does that sound like a player who was a big part of the transfer?..

KK said thats not the case. I rather believe KK than the player. of course, he wants to play the innocent party. u think not he can easily be swayed to move to a club he does not want to.

Of course the agent will do what the client wants or he will be replaced. it is not hard to think that. I am not saying it is his dream; its just that the agent put two clubs before "which u prefer" he will choose one unless he is indifferent and the agent will work on that. if that does not materlise, it is the player's choice to move to the other club. All the dilly dallying are all about finding the best possible deal for player and selling club.

Look, I'm not sure if your missing what I'm saying here or just ignoring it, so I'll bold it, no offence meant but you're just not seeing it for some reason.  Modric is owned by the Mamic brothers, Modric's agent is..... the Mamic brothers!!  How do you fire the person who effectively owns you as a Footballer?

To be clear I doubt Modric had his heart set on Newcastle and was annoyed at moving to the Spuds.  But to say he turned us down for the Spuds is clearly bollocks.

Oh and why have you replied to one of my posts on four seperate occasions? :lol:

This thread has me hoping for NE5 to hijack it. Gosh anything is better than listening to MeatihS repeat his lame wind up. 

Let me have a go. I think it's Shepherd's fault we haven't signed anyone yet, the fat, ginger git was a right b****** :)

Guest Chubby Jason

We have beaten the likes of Everton to a number of signings. Scott Parker and Emre standing out in my mind. We can compete with anyone outside the top 4 including the likes of Tottenham, Duff chose us over Spurs for example.

Guest MaetihS

Of course the agent will do what the client wants or he will be replaced. it is not hard to think that. I am not saying it is his dream; its just that the agent put two clubs before "which u prefer" he will choose one unless he is indifferent and the agent will work on that. if that does not materlise, it is the player's choice to move to the other club. All the dilly dallying are all about finding the best possible deal for player and selling club.

Look, I'm not sure if your missing what I'm saying here or just ignoring it, so I'll bold it, no offence meant but you're just not seeing it for some reason.  Modric is owned by the Mamic brothers, Modric's agent is..... the Mamic brothers!!  How do you fire the person who effectively owns you as a Footballer?

Sorry i miss that no offence as well. I thought our bid was accepted as well and we offer more money in wages? lets say the case is that only spurs bid is accepted cos of a higher bid, it is not unreasonable to think Modric is happy with the transfer, he will not be taken as a commodity unless he is thick in the head. I only say he reject us for Spurs cos i was of the impression that both our bids are accepted. i thought KK sounded his disappointment that it is understandable that Modric choose Spurs cos of Europe and London even though we offer higher wages. If i am wrong, i am sorry that i used this eg as part of my reasoning. In any case, i stand by my view that these players will not choose us over Spurs and that we have to be realistic. Maybe i shall be less negative; it will be extremely difficult to sign these players. But i will still keep to my promise and post that i am wrong if we (i hope sincerely despite my negativity) sign one of these rising stars.

KK said thats not the case. I rather believe KK than the player. of course, he wants to play the innocent party. u think not he can easily be swayed to move to a club he does not want to.

I can't remember exactly what Keegan said about the Modric deal, if anything at all.  But I doubt he knows the specifics of it nor would he say if he did know.  There's no reason for the player to "play innocent"..  The idea that he would hide his choice to go to Spuds ahead of us is bizarre, I mean, what reasoning is there for him to do that?

We have beaten the likes of Everton to a number of signings. Scott Parker and Emre standing out in my mind. We can compete with anyone outside the top 4 including the likes of Tottenham, Duff chose us over Spurs for example.

While this is true, it completely ignores the fact that we probably offered more money to get them here in the first place, which doesn't seem to be on the agenda anymore.

I think, amidst all the unmitigated shite in here, that's a key issue that people are on about.

Guest MaetihS

I only sound my negativity now only for this transfer window right?? I was very confident of big signings in previous seasons and that we are the bigger club. Anyway, dun u think wages play a big part as well? Spurs and Everton are of better standing nowadays.

Dave, man, stop "playing" on your new PS3 and come here and do the cleaning. This needs to be locked, a new thread opened about Turan and one about "The likes of Everton and Spurs".

This thread has me hoping for NE5 to hijack it. Gosh anything is better than listening to MeatihS repeat his lame wind up. 

Let me have a go. I think it's Shepherd's fault we haven't signed anyone yet, the fat, ginger git was a right b****** :)

hah aye!

he had blonde hair too and never had an ounce of ambition in him. If he had backed the managers then we'd be champions already......what a cock, a blad cock.........with a beard

Sorry i miss that no offence as well. I thought our bid was accepted as well and we offer more money in wages? lets say the case is that only spurs bid is accepted cos of a higher bid, it is not unreasonable to think Modric is happy with the transfer, he will not be taken as a commodity unless he is thick in the head. I only say he reject us for Spurs cos i was of the impression that both our bids are accepted. i thought KK sounded his disappointment that it is understandable that Modric choose Spurs cos of Europe and London even though we offer higher wages. If i am wrong, i am sorry that i used this eg as part of my reasoning. In any case, i stand by my view that these players will not choose us over Spurs and that we have to be realistic. Maybe i shall be less negative; it will be extremely difficult to sign these players. But i will still keep to my promise and post that i am wrong if we (i hope sincerely despite my negativity) sign one of these rising stars.

Modric was apparently only allowed to join Spurs because we wouldn't agree to a clause letting the Mamic brothers keep the profits of a future transfer when another club matched the minimum release clause.

Guest MaetihS

Our turmoil on and off pitch does not help us at all. Our ambition has also came into question recently. Our stability in terms of club structure is also an issue. All these are some losing factors to the likes of Spurs and Everton. Everton has done themselves great favours by moving forward consistently and signaling their intent to take on the top 4. if i am wrong (i might be wrong), their records against the top 4 are better than us.

Guest Chubby Jason

I can't really see how either of them are of better standing now than they were then. They were both competing in the UEFA Cup just as they are now.

Yeah it possibly was as a result of more money being offered to the player but are either of those sides such a more attractive option than Newcastle that the only reason they would chose to play for NUFC would be a massive wage packet? I really don't think so. I'd say we are on similar standing to both of them. Especially Spurs who have never finished higher than 5th in the leauge and finished a massive 3 points ahead of us last season.

Plus I really don't think that playing against the likes of FC Lockeren and FC Basle on Thursday nights is such an attractive option to the modern day player.

Guest MaetihS

Modric was apparently only allowed to join Spurs because we wouldn't agree to a clause letting the Mamic brothers keep the profits of a future transfer when another club matched the minimum release clause.

OK, i will put up my hand and say i am wrong if thats true. I thought KK say otherwise. Taking from my previous statement;In any case, i stand by my view that these players will not choose us over Spurs and that we have to be realistic. Maybe i shall be less negative; it will be extremely difficult to sign these players. But i will still keep to my promise and post that i am wrong if we (i hope sincerely despite my negativity) sign one of these rising stars. "

Dave, man, stop "playing" on your new PS3 and come here and do the cleaning. This needs to be locked, a new thread opened about Turan and one about "The likes of Everton and Spurs".

I'm not playing. No HDMI cable. :thdn:

Guest MaetihS

I can't really see how either of them are of better standing now than they were then. They were both competing in the UEFA Cup just as they are now.

Yeah it possibly was as a result of more money being offered to the player but are either of those sides such a more attractive option than Newcastle that the only reason they would chose to play for NUFC would be a massive wage packet? I really don't think so. I'd say we are on similar standing to both of them. Especially Spurs who have never finished higher than 5th in the leauge and finished a massive 3 points ahead of us last season.

Plus I really don't think that playing against the likes of FC Lockeren and FC Basle on Thursday nights is such an attractive option to the modern day player.

Like i say, this season is slightly different, we have a lot of unresolved club issues. We do not look like going in the right direction. In recent years, our underperformance by having a relegation fight is considered a hiccup and that Everton has overachieved. Does not look like now after this season, KK does not help my saying he wants to emulate Everton. If i may, officially, Everton and Spurs are expected to do better us next season, adding on the argument that they have a better standing than us.