Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Guest Heneage

True, but then it was picked up quicky. I'm thinking nothings gonna happen with this transfer to be honest, it's dragging way too long. If we were gonna bid we'd have done it by now.

True, but then it was picked up quicky. I'm thinking nothings gonna happen with this transfer to be honest, it's dragging way too long. If we were gonna bid we'd have done it by now.

How do you know we haven't, because it wasn't in the Daily Shite?

How do you know we haven't, because it wasn't in the Daily s****?

Hasnt the chaimen and the players agent said that no bid has been recieved?

There has been no official declaration about any bids for Arda.

And all we've got in Turkey is rumours.

The president had pointed out that Arda had a price, but I don't think that they'll sell him before the tournament.

He is nothing like Cristiano Ronaldo but he's the most promising player in Turkey at the moment. He was the one who lead Galatasaray to championship. He is 21.

+ Everyone knows about Modric's price.

Today, Gala's director of football has talked about the club's ambitions and said that he wanted Arda to be the captain one day.

However, he added that they would allow him for an "astronomical price".

There was an interview of Emre-Arda in the most reliable Turkish newspaper.

Arda stressed that it was his dream to play alongside Emre in the PL. I guess that's good news.

You should see their romantic couply pic.  :pow:

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/default.aspx?aType=HaberDetay&Kategori=spor&ArticleID=758657&Date=24.05.2008&ver=09

One last note: You can't compare the image of Newcastle to Everton-Tottenham's in Turkey.

Newcastle is class, Newcastle is history. Newcastle is Alan Shearer.

And in Turkey, that's what is valued. No one gives a f... about a 5th place finish or Sergio Ramos.

If Newcastle can match the price Gala asks for, Arda is theirs.

My personal guess is 20 million euros. Give or take 5. 

One last note: You can't compare the image of Newcastle to Everton-Tottenham's in Turkey.

And in Turkey, that's what is valued. No one gives a f... about a 5th place finish or Sergio Ramos.

I love you.

There has been no official declaration about any bids for Arda.

And all we've got in Turkey is rumours.

The president had pointed out that Arda had a price, but I don't think that they'll sell him before the tournament.

He is nothing like Cristiano Ronaldo but he's the most promising player in Turkey at the moment. He was the one who lead Galatasaray to championship. He is 21.

+ Everyone knows about Modric's price.

Today, Gala's director of football has talked about the club's ambitions and said that he wanted Arda to be the captain one day.

However, he added that they would allow him for an "astronomical price".

There was an interview of Emre-Arda in the most reliable Turkish newspaper.

Arda stressed that it was his dream to play alongside Emre in the PL. I guess that's good news.

You should see their romantic couply pic.  :pow:

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/default.aspx?aType=HaberDetay&Kategori=spor&ArticleID=758657&Date=24.05.2008&ver=09

brilliant

Newcastle is class, Newcastle is history.

Considering that both Spurs and Everton have substantially stronger histories than us I find this hard to believe.

Really, if we are interested in signing the kid the only plausible advantage I can see us having over those two teams is the fact that Emre's here.

Guest MaetihS

Considering that both Spurs and Everton have substantially stronger histories than us I find this hard to believe.

Really, if we are interested in signing the kid the only plausible advantage I can see us having over those two teams is the fact that Emre's here.

Guess i am not the one who is negative.  ;D

Just realistic, really. Either way, I'm not particularly arsed about the deal and it seems the club isn't, either. Two weeks ago I'd never heard of the player and, if no deal was to materialise I've got no doubt that the new scouting network are already looking at other possibilities for the position.

They both have a few more trophies then us, hardly substantial (unless you're going to include Charity Shields :lol:)  Then again I really doubt most people in Turkey, or any other country, know the 100 year plus histories of each English club.  Big signings, competing for the Premiership and Champions League Football is what really grabs attention these days.  So what Orb says really doesn't suprise me..

They both have a few more trophies then us, hardly substantial (unless you're going to include Charity Shields :lol:)

Everton have played more seasons in the top flight of English football than any other club and are the only team in the country to have won a major trophy in every single decade since the formation of the league. Were it not for Heysel, Everton could have dominated English football in the late '80s in a manner similar to Liverpool during the '70s/early '80s.

Tottenham were the first team to do the League/F.A Cup double in the 20th century and have won 9 major trophies (3 F.A Cups, 4 League Cups and 2 UEFA Cups) since the last time we lifted a bloody pot worth pissing in.

Both teams have won more trophies than us, and also can look back onto important periods of league dominance in this country which we would have to look back to just after the Edwardian era to be able to do something similar.

Spurs are true giants, their 2 league titles shit all over our 4.

Guest sondre

Arda is probably going to look you up for history lessons before making his choice, so you should be prepared for it. :crazy2:

Guest MaetihS

Just realistic, really. Either way, I'm not particularly arsed about the deal and it seems the club isn't, either. Two weeks ago I'd never heard of the player and, if no deal was to materialise I've got no doubt that the new scouting network are already looking at other possibilities for the position.

Yes, realistic is the correct term.

Everton won a shitload in the past, us and Spurs are nothing special history wise. But fact is that none us have done anything significant in recent history, which makes all this irrelevant. You think Arda is going to care about trophies won in the 70s?

80s isn't recent history? :confused:

But the point is, what me and you think about history is irrelevant, and saying that Newcastle is a more attractive proposition than either Spurs or Everton in Turkey because of our history is entirely questionable.

Everton have played more seasons in the top flight of English football than any other club and are the only team in the country to have won a major trophy in every single decade since the formation of the league. Were it not for Heysel, Everton could have dominated English football in the late '80s in a manner similar to Liverpool during the '70s/early '80s.

Tottenham were the first team to do the League/F.A Cup double in the 20th century and have won 9 major trophies (3 F.A Cups, 4 League Cups and 2 UEFA Cups) since the last time we lifted a bloody pot worth pissing in.

Both teams have won more trophies than us, and also can look back onto important periods of league dominance in this country which we would have to look back to just after the Edwardian era to be able to do something similar.

Like I said, they've won a few more trophies then us (the rest is just trivia).  The fact that they've won the majority of those after the last time we won anything really doesn't come into it if we're talking about the history of each club.  Same goes for league dominance, ours doesn't count because it was a long long time ago? (BTW Spurs have never had a single period of league dominance..)  Anyway if you'd said recent history I wouldn't have disagreed with you.

Guest sondre

80s isn't recent history? :confused:

No.

This. Trophy's won before he got his first pube, will probably not affect his decision.

Guest Knightrider

I think we will be more known in Turkey than Everton and Spurs, what with the Souness and Emre links and generally being more in the news over the years on and off the field.

I think we will be more known in Turkey than Everton and Spurs, what with the Souness and Emre links and generally being more in the news over the years on and off the field.

This is entirely reasonable and plausible so expect it to upset some people.