Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

www.nufc.com As for his goals this season, you're missing the one against Barnsley. My figures are spot on; anyhow, i think you're manipulating them with sub appearances. And in all fairness - you're very eager to please if you think Martins' scoring record here is poor.

I'm not manipulating them at all.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/obafemi-martins.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obafemi_Martins

As for your comment about sub appearances - has he never scored after coming on? Because if he has, you can't count it? (honest question by the way, I honestly don't know if he ever has)

What do you mean I'm eager to please? (Edit, do'h ;))

Guest Heneage

Whoever said 20 in 60 is bad I assume is being sarcastic? On account thats Martins record n all.

Go for it I say, although play him in the middle, looks a little lightweight.

Martins record for who? He's got 20 in 64 for us, which I personally think is pretty poor for a player who's there to score goals.

Aye that's my point, people rave about him as do I , but he needs better service. I'd give this lad a chance.

www.nufc.com As for his goals this season, you're missing the one against Barnsley. My figures are spot on; anyhow, i think you're manipulating them with sub appearances. And in all fairness - you're very eager to please if you think Martins' scoring record here is poor.

As for your comment about sub appearances - has he never scored after coming on? Because if he has, you can't count it? (honest question by the way, I honestly don't know if he ever has)

If you're looking for stats mate, use nufc.com - it's spot on, honestly. They update it every week. Or soccerbase.com, which is excellent. I'm only counting starting appearances, cos you rely on your starting players. As i recall, he's only scored against Barnsley when coming off the bench.

If you're looking for stats mate, use nufc.com - it's spot on, honestly. They update it every week. Or soccerbase.com, which is excellent. I'm only counting starting appearances, cos you rely on your starting players. As i recall, he's only scored against Barnsley when coming off the bench.

Can't count that goal then ;)

What does Soccerbase say? Can't really use Wiki tbh.

20 goals in 64 games in the league, including sub appearances.

55 starts. ;)

Anyhow. He's got a good record. :razz:

What does Soccerbase say? Can't really use Wiki tbh.

20 goals in 64 games in the league, including sub appearances.

55 starts. ;)

Anyhow. He's got a good record. :razz:

He's got a great record considering how shit his first touch is ;)

Looks like a top, top player from those compilations of him. I hope to God we sign him, he really looks like someone who could transform this club and have us back up there challenging for a CL spot. I know this is brash, but its obvious from the clips that he is a potential world class player - itd be daft to think otherwise. We just need to pray that the Depor chairman accepts our bid before any of the CL elite come in, then Albert will be ours.

Looks like a top, top player from those compilations of him. I hope to God we sign him, he really looks like someone who could transform this club and have us back up there challenging for a CL spot. I know this is brash, but its obvious from the clips that he is a potential world class player - itd be daft to think otherwise. We just need to pray that the Depor chairman accepts our bid before any of the CL elite come in, then Albert will be ours.

http://weewilly.net/images/WeeWilly_03_whoa.jpg

Found this on Nufcblog.com:

http://fanatik.ekolay.net/Fanatik/Default.aspx?aType=Detail&articleID=107718&CatId=32

I’ll just directly translate this interview with Adnan Polat, the Chairman of Galatasaray that was done today:

Polat said “No offers have been made to the club yet for Arda. Everyone’s just commenting on what the English newspapers are writing these days”.

To the question “What would you do if you were to receive a really high bid for Arda?” Polat replied “We’re not doing slave trading here. Of course Arda’s wishes would play a role on what decision would be taken on such an offer. The most important part is whether Arda wants this or not. If he has the will for such a thing to go ahead we will help him in whatever way we can. And then it’s up to the club who wants him to meet the conditions set by us. If everything works out fine in the end, Arda is free to go wherever he wants” he added.

Polat concluded his statement by saying “The important issue at hand here is for us to raise ‘another Arda’ from the ranks of our youth teams. For example, the youngster Aydin really seems to have earned our trust for the future”.

Doesn't sound like a club who are desperate to hang on to him. They already have his replacement ear-marked.

For some reason this guy reminds me a bit of Hugo Viana. Maybe because bot are slow left wingers, dunno.

are we starting to call people slow if they don't have bellamy style speed ?

EDIT:

Posted the wrong article

Keegan told bid for Turan is £4.5m short

By Scott Wilson

Comment | Read Comments (1)

GALATASARAY president Adnan Polat has told Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan he can sign Arda Turan tomorrow if he tables a formal bid of around £13m.

Polat has held a number of preliminary discussions with senior Newcastle representatives as he attempts to tackle his club's debts of more than £45m.

The Turkish chief has admitted he is unable to hold on to Turan, a creative left-footed midfielder who is one of Galatasaray's leading lights.

advertisement

The 21-year-old is almost certain to leave Istanbul this summer, and Newcastle are hoping to complete a deal before Polat joins up with the Turkey squad ahead of this summer's European Championships.

However, the Magpies are yet to table a formal bid and Galatasaray officials are growing increasingly frustrated with their reluctance to raise their valuation of around £8.5m.

That still leaves them £4.5m short of Galatasaray's asking price, and Polat is adamant if Newcastle want to beat off competition from a number of leading German clubs, they will have to table an increased offer.

"We have not received an official offer," said Polat.

"But if Newcastle were to make an offer like this (16m Euros), I would let Arda go."

Newcastle's pursuit of Turan gathered momentum over the weekend, but Keegan's hopes of signing another of the club's leading transfer targets, Manchester City centre-half Richard Dunne, look like being scuppered by his own board's insistence that he pursues younger players.

And with the Magpies' interest in Dunne beginning to wane, Sunderland are ready to step in for the highly-rated defender.

Keegan identified Dunne as a possible summer signing but the Magpies manager also knows that Dunne's age falls outside of the bracket currently being explored by executive director (football) Dennis Wise and vicepresident (player recruitment) Tony Jimenez.

Wise and Jimenez, who appear to have de facto control of Newcastle's recruitment policy, are committed to signing younger players with a higher sellon value, and were represented at Stuttgart's 2-2 draw with Armenia Bielefeld this weekend in order to monitor 22-yearold striker Mario Gomez.

While Dunne is hardly a veteran, he will be 29 in September and the Magpies hierarchy are understood to be reluctant to hand long-term contracts to players of that age.

Keegan will attempt to push Dunne's cause but it seems unlikely that the former Everton trainee will be moving to St James' Park in the current transfer window.

He is equally unlikely to still be a Manchester City player come September, and Sunderland have emerged as surprise suitors as they look to bolster a defence that conceded 59 goals.

Black Cats boss Roy Keane will speak to Sir Alex Ferguson in the wake of tomorrow's Champions League final between Manchester United and Chelsea in an attempt to sign Jonny Evans on a permanent basis, but even if the Northern Irishman signs Keane will still be looking to sign at least one more centre-half before the start of next season.

Keane's scouts have watched a number of different defenders in the last three months, but Dunne is one of his leading targets following an impressive campaign at the heart of the City defence.

Dunne will link up with the Republic of Ireland's training squad on Thursday, bringing him into close contact with Daryl Murphy, Liam Miller and Paul McShane.

* Kenwyne Jones and Carlos Edwards have been named in the Trinidad & Tobago squad to face England on June 1.

Jones is still nursing the fractured wrist he sustained in Sunderland's final game of the season against Arsenal but, as revealed in last week's Northern Echo, the striker is confident of playing against England with the aid of a protective soft cast.

* Sunderland will play two games in the Republic of Ireland as part of their pre-season programme.

The Black Cats will play Athlone Town at their 6,000-capacity Lissywoollen ground, on Thursday August 7 (7.30pm), before facing Shamrock Rovers at Dublin's 7,000-capacity Tolka Park on August 9 (7.30pm).

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/latest/display.var.2282732.0.keegan_told_bid_for_turan_is_4_5m_short.php

Guest sondre

Really?

Gomis had been eligible to play alongside Drogba for Senegal, the country of his birth, but will now try his luck with France

Yes. The Drog has changed his nationality.

Really?

Gomis had been eligible to play alongside Drogba for Senegal, the country of his birth, but will now try his luck with France

Yes. The Drog has changed his nationality.

It is a pity that he's not able to team up with the Ivorians Beye and Faye then... ;-)