The REALLY stupid rumour thread: Berbatov

Parky

Danny B

Today, 11:40 AM

Post #1

from TT.

Hi Barcodes, Spurs fan here.

Alot of the top ITK on Spurs messages board are reporting that Spurs have only received one official bid so far for Dimitar Berbatov.

That bid, they are saying, is from Newcastle.

Apparently a 20mil bid has been tabled by your boys and as it is the only bid we have so far, you are leading the race.

How do you feel about this? And why when you have Owen, Martins and Viduka do you think you are after Berbatov?

Edit: I hear he was a newcastle fan as a boy. I am not sure if this will sway his decision?

Thanks,

Danny.

This post has been edited by Danny B: Today, 11:43 AM

No idea on the authenticity, but interesting all the same as Spurs are in the process of replacing him.

This is their password access site.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/SixosixPartDeux/

he's not worth 20m, but i don't think i'd complain too much if he signs.(not that I believe all of this ITK s***)

Easily worth 20m.

I disagree, my friend.

Honestly? He has that special thing about him which makes him worth 20m straight away in my book. Scores a good amount of goals too.

If true, can't see him moving here, unless Shearer offers him free handjobs for the entirity on his contract or something, since he has stated his desire to play CL football something we're not aiming for even yet.

Surely he'll be leaving Spurs because he wants to play Champions League football and he isn't getting any younger?

Why would he leave Spurs to sign for a team pretty much on a par?

he's not worth 20m, but i don't think i'd complain too much if he signs.(not that I believe all of this ITK s***)

Easily worth 20m.

I disagree, my friend.

Honestly? He has that special thing about him which makes him worth 20m straight away in my book. Scores a good amount of goals too.

Look, i think he's a bloody good player....but worth 5m more than Alan Shearer?!

Not in imo.

Easily worth 20m.

I disagree, my friend.

Look, i think he's a bloody good player....but worth 5m more than Alan Shearer?!

Not in imo.

To be fair, that record has been broken once or twice since then...

Easily worth 20m.

I disagree, my friend.

Not in imo.

mackems.gif

Easily worth 20m.

I disagree, my friend.

Not in imo.

Shearer was worth £15m 12 years ago ffs. The Shearer of 1996 would easily be worth £30m ish these days. Peter Crouch is valued at £15m!

Easily worth 20m.

I disagree, my friend.

Not in imo.

mackems.gif

Ok, i'll give it to him because he's got more hair.

Easily worth 20m.

I disagree, my friend.

Not in imo.

mackems.gif

:lol:

Easily worth 20m.

I disagree, my friend.

Not in imo.

Are you taking the piss here?

I think this relates to a caller to Talksh*te mid morning.  There's a number of threads going on about it.

One thread started......Newcash fan says on radio that he has it on good authority that Cashley will sign Berbatov for £20m(claims Berbie is a lifelong newcash supporter). You could actually hear the 2 hosts giggling in the background.

The next post was ........ Is there any way we could plant this fake rumour on newcastle boards?  Just so it takes momentum and they actually start believing it......

I know some here can get on, the link is

http://coys.sportsmaestros.com/index.php?showtopic=97617

It's a windup, ignore it.

Guest teepee

yada yada yada

wont happen, but we may have placed a bid. he will, rightly so, go to a much bigger club

Easily worth 20m.

I disagree, my friend.

Not in imo.

mackems.gif

No, I just meant you're completely missing the picture saying he's not worth more than Shearer. How long ago was that transfer ffs?