FA Cup Final 2008 won by Portsmouth

tmonkey

Recent FA Cup performance

Portsmouth - Defeated three Championship clubs in Ipswich, Plymouth and Preston, at the outset of this march to the arch. Then knocked out Manchester United, with a Sulley Ali Muntari penalty, 12 minutes from time. They played second fiddle to West Bromwich Albion for long periods of the semi-final on 5 April, but went through courtesy of a 54th minute goal from former West Brom striker Nwankwo Kanu.

Cardiff - Knocked out non-league Chasetown, League Two Hereford, Championship rivals Wolves and Premier League Middlesbrough, in this cup run before the semi-final triumph over fellow Championship side Barnsley.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7393770.stm

Cardiff's run to the final is wholly unimpressive (Boro are s***). Why dont we ever get an easy run like this? We always seem to get the Premiership contenders or Champions at some stage.

On paper, this will be an easy victory for Pompey.

1997? 1998?

By run, I also mean the final. In both cases, we came up against the Champions or contenders in the Final.

Ok, fair point.

Wasnt is 1998 and 1999?

There's no top players here because they weren't top enough to beat Barnsley (twice) or Pompey, I'd rather have seen the former here rather than Cardiff but good luck to both sides. It was never going to be us anyway because Lady Luck (© Graeme Souness) has something against us.

Don't really want either of them to have something we don't (yes I'm bitter) but I think I'd rather Pompey won. Don't like them or Redknapp but Cardiff lose major points for the Darren Purse farce and just simply being Welsh.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I like to see the underdog do well even with our record of being on the recieving end of some horrible giant killing acts.

So I hope Cardiff win.

Guest Stephen927

Getting a feeling that Cardiff will win.

Going to stick my neck out and say Cardiff 2-0.

Guest guinness_fiend

cracking tits on the bird singing ! :)

I'm glad that I'm not the only pervert that thought that!