Milner on his way?

stozo

Guest Heneage

Yes, Milner has been doing wonders at U21, most appearances for any U21, and always impressed pundits.

decent squad player but I wouldn't be gutted if he left, worth the risk I reckon. I see no part of his game that might drastically improve in the near future......but we shouldn't sell for less that £4.5m imo

Yes, Milner has been doing wonders at U21, most appearances for any U21, and always impressed pundits.

That's because the better players get moved up to the first team where as Milner is just stuck at that level.

Guest Heneage

Bull shite, look at fucking Wheater somehow goes ahead of Taylor? Milner should have been given his chance donkeys ago.

Guest Heneage

I question that as well, i've seen nothing that suggests an England call up ahead of better defenders not including Taylor.

There was a stat in the Observer the other week about the worse corner takers in the premiership. I think Milner was 5th worse (at least that there were only 5 in the category) and his success rate on corners (beating the first man or something) was around 11%.

Sell him, he doesnt have the physicality or the energy we need.

If this was a supporters board for the England U21 team you might be making some sense, but as it is most of us here are looking for someone to play in the EPL. On that basis, thank god for the pundits, they are probably going to inflate his worth when in reality he is never going to be much more than a good Championship player.

There was a stat in the Observer the other week about the worse corner takers in the premiership. I think Milner was 5th worse (at least that there were only 5 in the category) and his success rate on corners (beating the first man or something) was around 11%.

Sell him, he doesnt have the physicality or the energy we need.

..or the self-belief which is his biggest weakness for me. Milner has enough in his game to be a fantastic player but he's a bottler basically. He is the exact opposite of David Bentley, in that Bentley oozes confidence and will grab a game by the balls and make his mark. Milner shuffles and wanders aimlessly down the flanks, and despite having a good right foot you can guarantee he'll fluff it in front of goal if he gets a chance.

Sell. Sell now for £6m and buy a young replacement with some fire and ambition.

That's because the better players get moved up to the first team where as Milner is just stuck at that level.

Exactly. Bentley, Young, Wright-Phillips originally...all progressed. Milner hasn't so he's still at the same Under-21 level.

Severely lacks the pace for the modern game. Moving him central would save his game, could see him effective on the left center mid in our 4-3-3, cutting inside and having a crack. Good enough for our current level- top 8 IMO.

Severely lacks the pace for the modern game. Moving him central would save his game, could see him effective on the left center mid in our 4-3-3, cutting inside and having a crack. Good enough for our current level- top 8 IMO.

Why though? His passing isn't that great and he's not exactly great at tackling... Pace isn't his only weakness.

Why though? His passing isn't that great and he's not exactly great at tackling... Pace isn't his only weakness.

Fuck knows, I feel sorry for the kid. Shoulda gone to villa whrn he had the chance. All we do is kill careers :(